Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:46 pm   #121
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear supreme being, please can you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Factually no. In most democratic societies the person with the most votes wins.
So in truth we got what more Americans didn't want.
Thank you.
Nutek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:59 pm   #122
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Factually no. In most democratic societies the person with the most votes wins.
So in truth we got what more Americans didn't want.
Factually its still your fault,

you created your system... I know - it was this or that politicians fault - but nope its your system you created so suck it up or change it.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 9:08 pm   #123
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, John, I didn't know you were a Founding Father. You have impressive internet etiquette for a 295 year old ...

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th 2017, 9:12 pm   #124

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Hey, John, I didn't know you were a Founding Father. You have impressive internet etiquette for a 295 year old ...
The current voting system is defined entirely from those days - well i am also impressed, the chads, the relationships between states and state - very impressive. How did they know about the chads?
Old Oct 16th 2017, 9:21 pm   #125
Cultural Marxist

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
The current voting system is defined entirely from those days - well i am also impressed, the chads, the relationships between states and state - very impressive. How did they know about the chads?
Who hurt you?

Old Oct 17th 2017, 12:47 am   #126
lizzyq Female
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Factually its still your fault,

you created your system... I know - it was this or that politicians fault - but nope its your system you created so suck it up or change it.
Some of us are still in the no-man's land of hoping our neighbours vote the way that we would like. Our local electorate did (weird little bubble in central PA) the rest of the state didn't. We'll still be trusting our neighbours in 2020, but hope to have a say in 2024.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:27 am   #127
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You got what you voted for, its just natural, the rednecks turn...
I you think it's the rednecks turn, you and they are sadly deluded. Unless you mean loosing health insurance, no hope of manufacturing jobs returning, is their turn. Their turn means what in your mind? Of course there is always the repression of immigrants, minorities, gays and women to make them feel good.
Economic and political power is in the hands of a few and they intend to keep it that way, with the help of the useful idiots that believe the false promises espoused by Trump.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:34 am   #128
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel about 295 most of the time.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 1:42 pm   #129
Cultural Marxist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
Some of us are still in the no-man's land of hoping our neighbours vote the way that we would like. Our local electorate did (weird little bubble in central PA) the rest of the state didn't. We'll still be trusting our neighbours in 2020, but hope to have a say in 2024.
Putting your trust in Pennsyltucky was your first mistake there ...

Quote:
I feel about 295 most of the time.
Lots of naps help, I am told.

Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:22 pm   #130

Quote:
Putting your trust in Pennsyltucky was your first mistake there ...

Lots of naps help, I am told.

I can also highly recommend moving to the tropics, never cold, lazy boy warming nicely, g&t, and plenty of home help at reasonable rates...
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:45 pm   #131
Cultural Marxist

Quote:

I can also highly recommend moving to the tropics, never cold, lazy boy warming nicely, g&t, and plenty of home help at reasonable rates...
I would actually kind of like somewhere in the American Southwest. Perhaps New Mexico, somewhere at altitude so it's not humid, but the desert heat is tempered slightly (you know how in Breaking Bad they were always running around in light jackets even though it was sunny - that kind of thing).

Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:14 pm   #132

Quote:
I would actually kind of like somewhere in the American Southwest. Perhaps New Mexico, somewhere at altitude so it's not humid, but the desert heat is tempered slightly (you know how in Breaking Bad they were always running around in light jackets even though it was sunny - that kind of thing).
Its a funny thing, but here, the temperature is thermostable. Its 31-33 daytimes and 24-26 overnight, and there is fairly high, to just high humidity. It sounds hot, but if you live in it, never using aircon, after about a month its just pleasant, always, the aches and pains disappear and you forget about being cold, never happens, it really very healthy. We do have pretty constant breezes, and pools are usually 28-30 degrees naturally.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:18 pm   #133
Cultural Marxist

Quote:
Its a funny thing, but here, the temperature is thermostable. Its 31-33 daytimes and 24-26 overnight, and there is fairly high, to just high humidity. It sounds hot, but if you live in it, never using aircon, after about a month its just pleasant, always, the aches and pains disappear and you forget about being cold, never happens, it really very healthy. We do have pretty constant breezes, and pools are usually 28-30 degrees naturally.
There's no way I could deal with those temperatures in that level of humidity without AC. Just isn't going to happen

I don't actually mind being cold. The Southwest is just my kind of 'if I had to move somewhere warmer, here's a nice idea' location. In general, a climate like San Francisco's is my ideal, but even if I lived to 300, I'd never make enough money to be able to afford to live there ...

Old Oct 18th 2017, 3:05 am   #134
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
There's no way I could deal with those temperatures in that level of humidity without AC. Just isn't going to happen

I don't actually mind being cold. The Southwest is just my kind of 'if I had to move somewhere warmer, here's a nice idea' location. In general, a climate like San Francisco's is my ideal, but even if I lived to 300, I'd never make enough money to be able to afford to live there ...
The whole San Francisco Bay area is becoming so overcrowded as to be unbearable with traffic, soaring property prices such that I rarely travel very far from home. High property price aren't just San Francisco, anywhere within 50 miles from the coast. Travel off the tourist trail in San Francisco to witness the deprivation and hopelessness on the city streets of San Francisco. within the sight of multi million dollar apartments.
Old Oct 18th 2017, 5:03 am   #135
Cultural Marxist

Quote:
The whole San Francisco Bay area is becoming so overcrowded as to be unbearable with traffic, soaring property prices such that I rarely travel very far from home. High property price aren't just San Francisco, anywhere within 50 miles from the coast. Travel off the tourist trail in San Francisco to witness the deprivation and hopelessness on the city streets of San Francisco. within the sight of multi million dollar apartments.
Oh, I know, that is all true. It's still undeniable that the climate there is still about ideal for me even with all that. Oh well.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge