Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Jan 12th 2017, 12:15 pm   #76

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 Weather Thread

Little white snow pellets falling from the sky and making everything slick.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:20 pm   #77
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Little white snow pellets falling from the sky and making everything slick.
We had a pretty bad ice storm up by us last night. Couple of big accidents around and about.

Supposed to be in the 40s on Monday though.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:28 pm   #78

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
We had a pretty bad ice storm up by us last night. Couple of big accidents around and about.

Supposed to be in the 40s on Monday though.
The walk to the station was slippery, but they salt the hell out of the streets around here. There were accidents on the highways I think but I would never drive to work - makes no sense.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:31 pm   #79
Bash the fash

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The walk to the station was slippery, but they salt the hell out of the streets around here. There were accidents on the highways I think but I would never drive to work - makes no sense.
My drive in this morning was OK, the accidents happened yesterday before the salt trucks had time to get out.

Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:35 pm   #80

Quote:
My drive in this morning was OK, the accidents happened yesterday before the salt trucks had time to get out.
My old car had bad door seals. When there was freezing rain it would be impossible to open the doors of the car (sometimes I crawled through the hatchback to get in). And sometimes, after getting in, the door would freeze shut again and I would be unable to get out.

Driving on ice is bad news, although I feel much better now I have a heavy car with all-wheel drive. My little old 2001 Kia was, um, exciting.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:37 pm   #81
Bash the fash

Quote:
My old car had bad door seals. When there was freezing rain it would be impossible to open the doors of the car (sometimes I crawled through the hatchback to get in). And sometimes, after getting in, the door would freeze shut again and I would be unable to get out.
This is why one of the few requirements I had when we were buying our house was that it had to have a garage with direct access into the house. I never want to have to be dealing with frozen locks at 6 in the morning (or having to clean 10" of snow off the car for that matter) ever again ...

Quote:
Driving on ice is bad news, although I feel much better now I have a heavy car with all-wheel drive. My little old 2001 Kia was, um, exciting.
I don't mind driving on the ice myself, it's everyone else I have a problem with. My car is small-ish, front wheel drive with a reasonably low center of gravity so as long as I'm sensible on the accelerator and when braking, I'm all good.

Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:46 pm   #82
Bob Male
Not so super superslob
Super Moderator

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

58F today. Bonkers.

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:09 pm   #83
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we running two weather threads now?

It makes me sad and confused.

I THINK this is yer actual weather thread... Yeah?
Nutek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:31 pm   #84
Bash the fash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post

For some reason, winter weather gets its own

Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:49 pm   #85
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For some reason, winter weather gets its own
It's annoying.

And untidy.

Down with this sort of thing!
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:51 pm   #86
Bash the fash

Quote:
It's annoying.

And untidy.

Down with this sort of thing!
Perhaps a kind moderator will merge them

Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:55 pm   #87
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Perhaps a kind moderator will merge them
I vote for this.
Old Jan 14th 2017, 2:31 am   #88
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny during the day but cold, and colder at night.

23F currently overnight low expected to be near 19F.

Warming up next week to the low 40's.
Jsmth321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th 2017, 7:43 pm   #89
lizzyq Female
BE Forum Addict

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I thought this one was for global weather and the winter weather one in the trailer park was for American seasonal griping.
lizzyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th 2017, 9:00 pm   #90
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyq View Post
I thought this one was for global weather and the winter weather one in the trailer park was for American seasonal griping.
I cant be expected to whine efficiently if I have the distraction of having to do it in multiple places.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge