Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge

Old Jan 5th 2017, 9:01 pm   #31
Somewhat confused!
Premium Member

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2017 Weather Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

And there's nothing like wrapping your scarf tightly around your face so you don't get frostbite on the walk to the station, only to discover that the cat has apparently spent the night sleeping on it and deposited most of its fur there.
Shave the cat.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:05 pm   #32

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Shave the cat.
It would involve too much bloodshed. Mine.

No degrees at all out there today. None.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:08 pm   #33
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No degrees at all out there today. None.
It's actually taken some degrees from us.

Our heat went out last night of all things. Luckily it turns out that the flame sensors just needed a good rubdown with wire wool, but even with my midnight run to Wally World for a couple of heaters, it was a crapshoot as to what temperature it would be when we woke up. It turned out to be 63, so it wasn't too bad in the end.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:12 pm   #34

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It's actually taken some degrees from us.

Our heat went out last night of all things. Luckily it turns out that the flame sensors just needed a good rubdown with wire wool, but even with my midnight run to Wally World for a couple of heaters, it was a crapshoot as to what temperature it would be when we woke up. It turned out to be 63, so it wasn't too bad in the end.
That could have been nasty. The timing of these things is always impeccable. Out hot water went out on New Year's Day and it needed a part that could not be found until the 3rd since most suppliers were closed on the 2nd.

Only the Little Lion went for the cold shower out of sheer bravado.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:15 pm   #35
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That could have been nasty. The timing of these things is always impeccable. Out hot water went out on New Year's Day and it needed a part that could not be found until the 3rd since most suppliers were closed on the 2nd.

Only the Little Lion went for the cold shower out of sheer bravado.
The timing always is perfect, like the time our AC compressor took a shit on us right in the middle of that week long 100+ degree heat wave we had in 2012.

I've experienced many a cold shower by accident because I wasn't quick enough to catch the hot water in the morning - your son is truly a glutton for punishment if he did that by choice

Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:23 pm   #36

Quote:
The timing always is perfect, like the time our AC compressor took a shit on us right in the middle of that week long 100+ degree heat wave we had in 2012.

I've experienced many a cold shower by accident because I wasn't quick enough to catch the hot water in the morning - your son is truly a glutton for punishment if he did that by choice
Well it wasn't the longest shower he's ever taken...
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:30 pm   #37
**** the FCC

Quote:
Well it wasn't the longest shower he's ever taken...
Now, does your son, when there is an abundance of hot water, take a long time in there? Because all my accidental cold showers are a direct result of the fact that my son (after my wife already had hers, since she's an early riser) will run the shower for what seems like 30 minutes, during which time he's probably just standing under it wanking because he never seems to be clean when he comes out.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:50 pm   #38

Quote:
Now, does your son, when there is an abundance of hot water, take a long time in there? Because all my accidental cold showers are a direct result of the fact that my son (after my wife already had hers, since she's an early riser) will run the shower for what seems like 30 minutes, during which time he's probably just standing under it wanking because he never seems to be clean when he comes out.
No, showers seems fairly normal because he can't get on social media when actually in the water. He emerges on a heavy wave of Irish Spring.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:04 pm   #39
**** the FCC

Quote:
No, showers seems fairly normal because he can't get on social media when actually in the water. He emerges on a heavy wave of Irish Spring.
I do love a bit of Irish Spring, myself.

Sometimes I think our son turns on the water then goes to sleep standing up in there.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:54 pm   #40
Useful Idiot

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I do love a bit of Irish Spring, myself.

Sometimes I think our son turns on the water then goes to sleep standing up in there.
Oh God, Irish Spring.

As for someone who is guilty of taking long showers - there is much to be said about contemplating the 'big questions' of life under the blanket of warm water.

Things I've contemplated at length including making up a song, a plot line for a movie, how long I recon I could hide from the law if wanted and a cooking recipe... all lost stepping out of said shower.

Back on topic - It's cold. There was snow, but not alot.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:00 pm   #41
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinginnyc View Post
Oh God, Irish Spring.
Is that a good oh god, or a bad one

Quote:
As for someone who is guilty of taking long showers - there is much to be said about contemplating the 'big questions' of life under the blanket of warm water.

Things I've contemplated at length including making up a song, a plot line for a movie, how long I recon I could hide from the law if wanted and a cooking recipe... all lost stepping out of said shower.

Back on topic - It's cold. There was snow, but not alot.
If I've been cold, or if I've just been on a long run or something I'll take a bit longer, but as nice as it is to be woken up by a nice hot shower, I tend to get in and out reasonably quickly. Mostly because I hate drying off and I want to get that over with as soon as possible.

I tend to contemplate the big questions while driving, which probably isn't a great idea on reflection.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:07 pm   #42
Useful Idiot

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that a good oh god, or a bad one
It's a flashback to when I was in Toronto a few years back, forgetting to pack any toiletries and Irish spring being the only body wash available in the crappy little store in the hotel

Quote:
I tend to contemplate the big questions while driving, which probably isn't a great idea on reflection.
I hope you fit in some sing-a-long to the radio time deep thought is OK in traffic, wouldn't recommend it on a highway though
Old Jan 6th 2017, 8:12 pm   #43
**** the FCC

Quote:
It's a flashback to when I was in Toronto a few years back, forgetting to pack any toiletries and Irish spring being the only body wash available in the crappy little store in the hotel
That's because it's the best smelling soap around

We don't use the soap because our water is harder than the bastard love child of Vinnie Jones and Ray Winstone, so we have to use the Dove type soaps to get a lather, but I use Irish Spring deodorant

It's also what I pack for myself when I go on trips. Such a blokey soap to buy, I know, but I am a bloke so it's OK.

Quote:
I hope you fit in some sing-a-long to the radio time deep thought is OK in traffic, wouldn't recommend it on a highway though
Oh aye, I'll sing occasionally, or perform drum solos on my steering wheel (automatic transmission has made me quite adept at playing the bass drum parts with my left foot). Most of the time I'm not on a highway as well.

Only occasionally do I get the "Oh shit, was that light really green" moment of blind panic as I tune back into reality again.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:30 pm   #44

Quote:
That's because it's the best smelling soap around

We don't use the soap because our water is harder than the bastard love child of Vinnie Jones and Ray Winstone, so we have to use the Dove type soaps to get a lather, but I use Irish Spring deodorant

It's also what I pack for myself when I go on trips. Such a blokey soap to buy, I know, but I am a bloke so it's OK.

Oh aye, I'll sing occasionally, or perform drum solos on my steering wheel (automatic transmission has made me quite adept at playing the bass drum parts with my left foot). Most of the time I'm not on a highway as well.

Only occasionally do I get the "Oh shit, was that light really green" moment of blind panic as I tune back into reality again.
You can get Irish Spring shower gel with moisturizer in it. It's what the Little Lion uses since he has to shower a good twice a day with all the wrestling practice and weightlifting and what not.

This is becoming a strange conversation.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:35 pm   #45
**** the FCC

Quote:
You can get Irish Spring shower gel with moisturizer in it. It's what the Little Lion uses since he has to shower a good twice a day with all the wrestling practice and weightlifting and what not.

This is becoming a strange conversation.
It is a strange conversation, but I got so used to using soap here, I forgot about shower gel. Seems like soap saves a bit of money in the long run, my Scottish side noticed.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lounge