Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:15 pm   #1
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up sky sports in canada

Is it easy to watch the premiership on TV out there
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:02 am   #2
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sky sports in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy07

Reckon it's all ice hockey amd log-chopping!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:28 pm   #3
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: sky sports in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.f
Reckon it's all ice hockey amd log-chopping!!
I hope not
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:31 pm   #4
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I hope not
there's plenty of it on TV.
The time difference is the only drawback, being at work during weeknight games.

I live down the road in Detroit......
we get Fox Soccer Channel, I think it's called Fox Sports Canada up there, but it is basically the same thing I think.

more footy than you can shake a stick at.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:35 pm   #5
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manc
there's plenty of it on TV.
The time difference is the only drawback, being at work during weeknight games.

I live down the road in Detroit......
we get Fox Soccer Channel, I think it's called Fox Sports Canada up there, but it is basically the same thing I think.

more footy than you can shake a stick at.
Thats good cant miss the footy
Old Sep 7th 2006, 5:11 pm   #6
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, "Rogers Sportsnet" is a "regular" cable or satelite chanel, usualy available as part of the "plus" type package (one up from the no frills base cable package)

They show three prem games on Saturdays, which *should * be enough.

On top of that Fox Sports Canada shows sunday games from the ESPN feed...thats a digital chanel, and there is a now 24 soccer chanel starting on digital too...I forget the name "Gol" maybe?

Fox Soccer and Fox Sports Canada are not the same, but often have the same feeds. To get Fox soccer "up north" you would need a US receiver, which may or may not be technically illegal...lots of sports bars seem to have them though

Anyway, the short answer to your question is yes, probably more than you watched in the UK. The FA cup and England games is not so available though, but world cups and euros, and champions league get good coverage on the regular cable chanels like TSN and Sportsnet

Last edited by iaink; Sep 7th 2006 at 5:37 pm.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room