Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:40 am   #61
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The Rugby League Thread ...

SHOCK,HORROR.....I.R.L. board finally get something right.....the world cup final will be played at Suncorp,Brisbane,the correct decision i believe!
http://bigpondsport.com/Home/NewsArt...1/Default.aspx
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:48 am   #62
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Not too sure i agree with the format,but a game at Robina sounds good! ,so its a meet up in the Caxton when England make the final,agreed??
http://www.rugbyleagueworldcup.com/
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:04 am   #63
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill drinkwater View Post
Not too sure i agree with the format,but a game at Robina sounds good! ,so its a meet up in the Caxton when England make the final,agreed??
Yeh Qld fans deserve to have the final - they come out and support no matter what

Agreed the format is a bit crap though
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:40 am   #64
loz Female
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A meet at the Caxton sounds a bloody good idea to me not sure about England being in the final though
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:55 am   #65
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
A meet at the Caxton sounds a bloody good idea to me not sure about England being in the final though
depends if Australia play NZ in the Semi's and we get France
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:30 am   #66
loz Female
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Talk of the Caxton has made me thirsty...............................that's it I'm off to sink a few there before going to watch the Aussies sink the Kiwis

Loz x
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:23 am   #67
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBronco View Post
depends if Australia play NZ in the Semi's and we get France
,yeah,right and pigs might fly!! That likely semi-draw would mean that England will have finished in first place in the "super-pool" with Oz and NZ 2nd and 3rd !Would be nice for a semi but i wouldnt even bank on France getting to the semi,i think by the time the World cup comes around countries loke Tonga and Lebanon will be packed with NRL squad players and could be the more likely opponents! (thats assuming PNG dont dump us out)?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:44 am   #68
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I thought New Zealand looked pretty good in the Anzac test (Bumarse rum test indeed) ..the convicts never looked like losing its true ..but for a new young team NZ looked good ...they seemed to have the English trouble though .....................no half backs

Good game though
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:11 am   #69
BE Enthusiast

Yeah they have some good young players coming through,the full-back impressed me,he ran over the top of an aussie player aabout 3 times,not bad for only 1 first grade game under his belt.SBW tried too hard at times and his handling was woeful.With their SL players they wont be far off come the world cup !
Loved the way Phil Gould creamed himself when Steve Ganson gave a scrum penalty against the Aussies for not packing down "a scrum penalty,hes given a scrum penalty,we havent had one of those since 1983"!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 11:26 pm   #70
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power View Post
I thought New Zealand looked pretty good in the Anzac test (Bumarse rum test indeed) ..the convicts never looked like losing its true ..but for a new young team NZ looked good ...they seemed to have the English trouble though .....................no half backs

Good game though
I kinda agree with Frank Pritchard as I do think the Kiwis will have surpassed the Aussies in the next 10 years - Watched the Schools comp final(Aus)last year and something like 19 of the starting 26 players were Islanders eligible for NZ
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 4:51 am   #71
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
I kinda agree with Frank Pritchard as I do think the Kiwis will have surpassed the Aussies in the next 10 years - Watched the Schools comp final(Aus)last year and something like 19 of the starting 26 players were Islanders eligible for NZ
Agree about the amount of exciting young players coming through,but how many will end up choosing Australia when the carrot of State of Origin is dangled before them,it worked on Karmichael Hunt?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 5:11 pm   #72
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agree about the amount of exciting young players coming through,but how many will end up choosing Australia when the carrot of State of Origin is dangled before them,it worked on Karmichael Hunt?
K Hunt now theres a man with considerate parents

The aim of war isn't to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. --- Gen Patton
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:08 am   #73
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I guess it depends on if the Kiwis starting winning regularly - all of a sudden players will stat finding Kiwi grandparents(nathan great Grandparents dont count!!!! ) - Kinda like when Rep of Ireland soccer team started to become good and so became flooded with Poms with Irish Grandparents

True Karmichael did choose Australia however both Benji M. & Ben Roberts both played for Australia schoolboys but still went on to become Kiwis.

Funny how you dont find any Aussies or Kiwis with British grandparents
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:09 am   #74
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thydney View Post
K Hunt now theres a man with considerate parents
Could be worse the Kerr family could have called their son Wayne
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 12:32 am   #75
loz Female
this is home!!

Quote:

Funny how you dont find any Aussies or Kiwis with British grandparents
Henry and Robbie Paul
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room