Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Sep 30th 2017, 2:01 pm   #61
The Curry Monster

Alex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex2201 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDogbert View Post
It’s an NRL thing which they piloted a few years ago and really liked for some reason. In Super League they don’t have the money for as many full time referees so they just stick with the blind one in the middle and the clueless on occasionally on control of a video.
My mate is a Castleford fan and is convinced that Phil Bentham hates them.

As a Warrington fan I love Ben Thaler

I dont think that you should have 2 refs on the field. I would like SL to follow the NRL with the bunker but as you stated lack of funds is a problem for SL.
Alex2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 8:42 pm   #62
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex2201 View Post
I dont think that you should have 2 refs on the field. I would like SL to follow the NRL with the bunker but as you stated lack of funds is a problem for SL.
It would surely confuse things if international games had two refs on the field. It seems clear to me that English refs are very hard on fumbles (whether they're knocked forward or not) and easy on forward passes, while Australian refs take the opposite line on both incidents. Have you noticed that, or is it just me?

(I've no idea whether it's a hemisphere-thing or not; I expect NZ refs would be the same as Oz, and France the same as England.)
Gordon Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room