Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21st 2005, 1:53 pm   #1
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Ref was weak

So says Mr Ferguson after their loss. He defended Paul Scholes by saying it was a late tackle. I suggest he gets his eyes tested or watches the video again. Personally he let a lot go by to keep the game flowing but MU'S normal tactics were not washing with this Ref. I thought he was strong and if it was me there would have been another sending off and anther booking. United like to dish it out but don,t like it when it is them on the receiving end. A talented team spoilt by their antics and the Managers one sided view of Refs when they lose.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:28 pm   #2
Manc Male
@matthewb76
Premium Member

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ref was weak

Instead of Fergy acting like a spoilt twat, lets look at the reasons Man United and Arsenal aren't running away with it.

when was the last time either team made a major top drawer player purchase?

I think they've both decided not to keep up with Chelsea financially as splashing out that type of cash will hurt the long term future of the clubs.

I think Chelsea posted major financial losses last year which were underwritten by Abramovich.
However once the Russian leaves or is deported or extradited (whichever comes first) then Chelsea will end up making Leeds looks like a success.

And Man United / Arsenal will resume normal programming.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:41 pm   #3
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to think that some players are plain over-rated and that is one of the problems. I said before I think Rooney is as an exciting prospect as I have seen in a long time but he is not Premier League mature. Some of his team mates have got away with a lot in the past and it sets a trend for others.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:57 pm   #4
Manc Male
@matthewb76
Premium Member

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony126
I have seen in a long time but he is not Premier League mature.
he isn't even Tesco shelf stacking mature.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:49 pm   #5
Tone 
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

There's no taking the Chav outta the boy....
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:18 pm   #6

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets take a look at Manure and Arseholes shopping lists lately.

Manure

Liam Miller - free from Celtic - Good player but Fergie will sell him to Aston Villa or some other naff team before he gets a good chance.

Gabriel Heinze - 7mill from PSG - another good player. Not like Manure need another damn defender tho is it?

Kleberson - 6mill from atletico - put him in a Brazil jersey and he's fantastic. Fergie's canned answer for why he's not working out is "some players take time to settle."

Tim Howard - 2.3mill from Metros - good keeper, but Fergie crushed his confidence by swapping him with Roy Carroll all the time.

David Bellion - 2mill from Sunderland - why buy a player you never intend to play?

Louis Saha - 13mill from Fulham - What is he, 4th string striker now? Waste of millions when he could have had a 1st team striker for half that much.

Wayne Rooney - 20mill from Everton - fantastic player. I wouldn't have bought him though. I think he's actually a tough player to play around and United have had a hard time slotting him in.

Cristiano Ronaldo - 13mill from Sporting - great player and I like him. Might sound weird but I think he'd be even better if he was at Arsenal instead.

Out of all those players who's been outstanding? Anyone? Some will get sold, as will Solskjaer when he returns. Fergie will continue to think that Quinton Fortune and Wes Brown are quality players. Roy Keane is probably going to stun everyone by retiring early too.

Arse

Emmanuel Eboue - 1.5mill from Beveren - will never play regularly for Arsenal in my opinion. Decent player but Wenger will play "quality" like Pascal Cygan or Gael Clichy ahead of him. But hey, if Cole goes you never know...

Manuel Almunia - Celta Vigo - another victim of "drop the keeper."

Phillipe Senderos - Servette - good player. Will be sold in a year and a half tho.

Gilberto Silva - 4.5mill from Atletico - Good for Brazil, but I don't think he likes Viera very much. Will be sold to...Lazio and play like a dream.

Matheiu Flamini - Marseille - have no idea

Cesc Fabregas - 2.2mill from Barcelona - frikking brilliant player. Still, he isn't a regular.

Robin Van Persie - Feyenoord - will get the huff and be sold soon.

Jose Reyes - 10mill Sevilla - clearly not gonna be around in a year. Shame cuz he's a great player. Considering he hates Viera and Pires he doesn't stand much of a chance.

Jens Lehman - Dortmund - what is he...57 now? Why on earth sell Seaman cuz he's ancient and bring in Lehmann? Stuart Taylor is as good as surely?

Arse have bought some good players in Reyes and Fabregas. I really think Arsenal will fall to bits in 2 years when Pires, Ljungberg, Viera, and Bergkamp leave. Reyes is off too.

Having said that the playes who are playing out of their skins for Chelski are Arjen Robben, Peter Cech, Frank Lampard, Eidur Gudjohnsen, John Terry, and claude Makalele. 1 of them cost nothing, goalies are cheap as chips, 3 were there already, and Makalele is probably the best midfielder in his role in the world. Chelsea's defence is also a million times better. Man Utd and Arsenal should sell off the fluff and buy one or two very good players. If I were them I'd be chasing Michael Ballack like a madman right now.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:55 pm   #7
Manc Male
@matthewb76
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuckoofrommars
Having said that the playes who are playing out of their skins for Chelski are Arjen Robben, Peter Cech, Frank Lampard, Eidur Gudjohnsen, John Terry, and claude Makalele. 1 of them cost nothing, goalies are cheap as chips, 3 were there already, and Makalele is probably the best midfielder in his role in the world. Chelsea's defence is also a million times better. Man Utd and Arsenal should sell off the fluff and buy one or two very good players. If I were them I'd be chasing Michael Ballack like a madman right now.
It's an unfair assessment of the situation.

where's Drogba and Mutu?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:56 pm   #8
Manc Male
@matthewb76
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manc
where's Drogba and Mutu?
apart from the on the Bench and Rehab...............
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:03 pm   #9

cuckoofrommars is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair enough. Point tho is despite lemons like Mutu, and unknowns like Jarosik, Chelsea have bought incredible talent that most people KNEW would be good. Who didn't know Makalele was superb? Real Madrid fans held a fake funeral when he left - and still blame his departure for their decline (as apposed to Jonathan Woodgates' haircut).

You were right earlier too - when Abramovich gets jailed by Putin in a few years Chelsea are in deep shit. They'll be begging Jody Morris to play for them then.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:11 pm   #10
Manc Male
@matthewb76
Premium Member

Quote:
Fair enough. Point tho is despite lemons like Mutu, and unknowns like Jarosik, Chelsea have bought incredible talent that most people KNEW would be good. Who didn't know Makalele was superb? Real Madrid fans held a fake funeral when he left - and still blame his departure for their decline (as apposed to Jonathan Woodgates' haircut).

You were right earlier too - when Abramovich gets jailed by Putin in a few years Chelsea are in deep shit. They'll be begging Jody Morris to play for them then.
yeah. I am not saying that Arse and ManU didn't know that the likes of Robben were class, but didn't want to be stuck with a 5 year contract for £85,000 per week and 3 years to go if/when the faeces hit the rotating air moving machine.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:13 am   #11
NJJ 
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

This thread is quite clearly one of the best threads on the site.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:30 am   #12
Iginla 
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and still blame his departure for their decline (as apposed to Jonathan Woodgates' haircut).
Maybe they could fly in a couple of Paki(stani) students for training.

Gets him going, I'm told.

Last edited by Iginla; Apr 22nd 2005 at 8:00 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:52 pm   #13
Tone 
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Pleberson - 6mill from atletico - put him in a Brazil jersey and he's fantastic. Fergie's canned answer for why he's not working out is "some players take time to settle."
There thats better
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:43 am   #14
Eskimo Male
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Manure

Liam Miller - free from Celtic - Good player but Fergie will sell him to Aston Villa or some other naff team before he gets a good chance.

you cheeky fucking twat we resemble that comment
Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:59 am   #15

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manc
Instead of Fergy acting like a spoilt twat, lets look at the reasons Man United and Arsenal aren't running away with it.

when was the last time either team made a major top drawer player purchase?

I think they've both decided not to keep up with Chelsea financially as splashing out that type of cash will hurt the long term future of the clubs.

I think Chelsea posted major financial losses last year which were underwritten by Abramovich.
However once the Russian leaves or is deported or extradited (whichever comes first) then Chelsea will end up making Leeds looks like a success.

And Man United / Arsenal will resume normal programming.
My assessment from watching United play at Palace was underperforming whinging players who didn't seem to be putting in much effort. They were more interested in playing the ref than the ball. Both the bulk of the Arsenal and United team have won the premiership in the past and should have been able to put in more of a fight this year.

If Abramavich goes I think Chelsea are for the conference.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room