Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Jan 29th 2013, 7:26 pm   #1
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute
Default The RBS 6 Nations

Starts on Saturday, with the men in green paying a visit to Wales, England welcoming Scotland to Twickers (before undoubtedly thrashing them), and the Italians hoping to keep the French score in double figures in Rome.

Once again, Kidney shows his distain for Ulster rugby by denying Chris Henry the starting place his form so deserves... no shocks there then.

That said, this is a decent Irish side, and if we can get the opening win against the Taffies, we could go on a run. If we don't, defeat to the English in Dublin on the second weekend will see us fighting off the Scots & Italians for the wooden spoon...

The French, as usual, will take some stopping, with two wins out of two pretty assured before they arrive in West London on 23rd February.

Come on Ireland, get intae 'em!!
Old Jan 30th 2013, 4:03 am   #2
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The RBS 6 Nations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Starts on Saturday, with the men in green paying a visit to Wales, England welcoming Scotland to Twickers (before undoubtedly thrashing them), and the Italians hoping to keep the French score in double figures in Rome.

Once again, Kidney shows his distain for Ulster rugby by denying Chris Henry the starting place his form so deserves... no shocks there then.

That said, this is a decent Irish side, and if we can get the opening win against the Taffies, we could go on a run. If we don't, defeat to the English in Dublin on the second weekend will see us fighting off the Scots & Italians for the wooden spoon...

The French, as usual, will take some stopping, with two wins out of two pretty assured before they arrive in West London on 23rd February.

Come on Ireland, get intae 'em!!
Sorry mate - your balls are the wrong shape.

Old Jan 30th 2013, 8:35 am   #3
IJ157 
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction for this years six nations:

1. France
2. England
3. Ireland
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:18 am   #4
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

And mine:

IF Ireland beat Wales on Saturday:

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

If they don't:

1. France
2. England
3. Wales
4. Ireland
5. Scotland
6. Italy
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 5:57 pm   #5
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the England game via Skype from my brothers house ,don't know I haven't done that before
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:09 am   #6
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Wales - Ireland each had a good half and a bad half with Wales's losing streak continuing. BOD looking good again.

England - Scotland. Sound win with room for improvement. Lot's of handling errors but that comes with the territory of trying to play a more expansive game. Roll on Dublin next week
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:00 pm   #7
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ157 View Post
My prediction for this years six nations:

1. France
2. England
3. Ireland
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland
Hi from the France forum! After today's match, you can cross France off the top of the list! IMHO they considered Italy to be too inferior to play their normal team and by the time the big names came on the pitch, it was too late....
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:29 pm   #8
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

It was nice to see the French continuing their centuries old tradition of losing...............
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:35 pm   #9
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please could we have your tips for next round of matches - I want to put some bets on

Forza Italia!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:49 pm   #10
Late In May In 1999...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Please could we have your tips for next round of matches - I want to put some bets on

Forza Italia!
Trust me, I'm as delirious as you about a French defeat!! If we can work out how to play well for a WHOLE match next time out we may now have a shout of actually winning this thing outright...!!
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 6:55 pm   #11
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trust me, I'm as delirious as you about a French defeat!! If we can work out how to play well for a WHOLE match next time out we may now have a shout of actually winning this thing outright...!!
Being at home against England makes you clear favourites for the 6N now methinks and if Scotland can get some decent quick ball and release their back 3 they should overcome Wales in the wooden spoon decider.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:52 am   #12
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not sure why I saw so many Jocks cheering on Italy - that won't help in the wooden spoon race.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:13 am   #13
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen the epic failure from the surrender monkeys I'll still be laughing when I wake up tomorrow .
Two horse race ,we'll see the championship decided this weekend .
Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:44 pm   #14
Late In May In 1999...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Just seen the epic failure from the surrender monkeys I'll still be laughing when I wake up tomorrow .
Two horse race ,we'll see the championship decided this weekend .
Would be seriously short-sighted to count the frogs out of it yet, but their shock defeat in Rome certainly offers both Ireland & England hope of a Grand Slam...

We were fortunate enough to have a defence that just about held off a determined fight-back from the taffies, but a home win against England will only be secured if we can maintain a high-tempo, error-free pressing game from start to finish in Dublin. Great to see the legend that is Brian O'Driscoll continue to defy the years with his typical all-action leading-by-example style, and young Sexton is now an assured kicker that can be trusted when the pressure's on.

Bring on the Poms!!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 12:37 pm   #15
Just Joined

roksport is an unknown quantity at this point

My predictions for this weekend

Scotland v Italy: Scotland should win at home but we could see Italy take the win against France and use the momentum to pull off another victory
France v Wales: Being welsh my heart says wales but France will look to bounce back after last weeks shock defeat. Id go with my head and predict a french win.
Ireland v England: Would like to see Ireland win the grand slam but can see England showing a strong performance in Ireland. As mentioned earlier the winner will probably win this years 6 nations.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room