Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Apr 25th 2012, 12:07 am   #2266
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenandPam View Post

Comolli's sacking says to me that Kenny is going nowhere. Suarez is going nowhere. Also, I am not sure I know what you mean by the bit in bold? Why are their careers over, particularly Agger who has had a great season?
I think Comolli's sacking means he won't get pushed - but he'll leave on his own. As for in bold I just mean I think they'll get shipped out. Agger has had a half-decent year but showed under Benitez at the end and definitely under Hodgson that he's prepared to rock the boat if he doesn't like what's going on. His attitude under Hodgson in particular when he went to the press and mocked the repetitive training was poor. I don't see him as a long-term player myself.

Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:26 am   #2267
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

If we win the FA Cup, then Dalglish will stay as I think he will want to have at least one more season to have a crack at a CL spot.
It is certainly going to be an interesting summer in terms of the squad. Cole and Aquilani's moves may become permanent, although I don't think Aquilani has played enough games for Milan to trigger the purchase clause. We have a number of talented youngsters to promote to the first team or loan out. The clearing of deadwood and strengthening the first team is going to be the most interesting of course, and very much depends on whether the owners bring in a replacement for Comolli or let Dalglish handle all the transfers.
FSG have so far spent relatively little of their own money but I think this summer will be different. Whilst there are players to be moved on to reduce the wage bill, there isn't a huge amount to be recouped their transfer fees. I think that FSG will need to show they mean business in terms of transfer fees and wages if they seriously want to be back in the CL.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:36 am   #2268
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to my boys in Blue.

JT is a prize idiot, Torres finally woke up and the team actually played as a team and long may it last

A great game, now lets see who we'll meet on May 19th.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:46 am   #2269
old age pensioner

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
Well done to my boys in Blue.

JT is a prize idiot, Torres finally woke up and the team actually played as a team and long may it last

A great game, now lets see who we'll meet on May 19th.
I wonder if some of the people on here would like to re-read there posts about last nights game and look at their forecasts, then, just maybe, admit they got it a bit wrong..
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:54 am   #2270
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaink View Post
SPOILERS PEOPLE, the button is there for a reason

Some people have to work for a living and might want to watch it later without knowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
If you're trying to avoid the score/result, it maybe prudent not to click into a football thread, on a public discussion forum, straight after the match

But seriously, soz if I spoilt it for anyone.....
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:15 am   #2271
DILLIGAF?

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
I'm faced with a truly terrible dilemma now. How do I choose between Liverpool and Chelsea when it comes to who I want to lose most?
An impossible problem to solve..... so I'll just not watch it at all. Problem solved.
They should play the game in Alabama.

Anyway, amazing result for the rent boys last night. Delighted JT is going to miss the final too. He is an absolute wanker and doesn't deserve any happiness or success. I hope Madrid get through. Bayern v Chelsea in the final could be about the worst game of all time. 2 teams playing 11 behind the ball. How will that work?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 2:48 pm   #2272
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
If you're trying to avoid the score/result, it maybe prudent not to click into a football thread, on a public discussion forum, straight after the match

But seriously, soz if I spoilt it for anyone.....
Shut up, you daft tart. Just use the spoiler tags.

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:15 pm   #2273
Premium Member

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I tried to avoid finding out the result all of yesterday afternoon and then stupidly clicked on Facebook just as we sat down to watch last night. My niece in the UK had sent me a message.....the message was to tell me the final score

But it was still great to watch the game

(I'm still acting silly and excited about it today)
Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:20 pm   #2274
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I tried to avoid finding out the result all of yesterday afternoon and then stupidly clicked on Facebook just as we sat down to watch last night. My niece in the UK had sent me a message.....the message was to tell me the final score

But it was still great to watch the game

(I'm still acting silly and excited about it today)
I thought it was a great game - spirit of the blitz and all that, what?

Don't commentators make some stupid comments though? Gary (insert dumbfukc synonym here) Neville, saying if Torres scored, the past 18 months would be forgiven! Until he was gifted that ball, all he'd done since he'd come on, was to show how inept he is - every time he got the ball, he gave it away. The difference between him and Drogba was staggering.

Drogba was magnificent - a giant. Terry is a twat, a liar and a disgrace. Torres is only being played at all, because of his price tag.

Old Apr 25th 2012, 3:36 pm   #2275
Premium Member

Quote:
I thought it was a great game - spirit of the blitz and all that, what?

Don't commentators make some stupid comments though? Gary (insert dumbfukc synonym here) Neville, saying if Torres scored, the past 18 months would be forgiven! Until he was gifted that ball, all he'd done since he'd come on, was to show how inept he is - every time he got the ball, he gave it away. The difference between him and Drogba was staggering.

Drogba was magnificent - a giant. Terry is a twat, a liar and a disgrace. Torres is only being played at all, because of his price tag.

50 million to score one goal...pathetic really!

And yes, Drogba, with all his clowning around and drama-queen antics is still totally amazing I Drogba
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:04 pm   #2276
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Apology accepted.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:04 pm   #2277
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the whole Neville thing of, "he's just repaid that 50 million" was ridiculous. Especially as they were already going through. It was a nice feeling when he tucked it away certainly, but that's up there with Jamie Carragher's dull statement that Andy Carroll scored a 35 million goal" against Everton.

Weird CL it will be though. Especially as Ferreira, Romeu and people like that are going to end up starting.

Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:14 pm   #2278
Yeah that guy.

Oh and the “On the replay it looks bad” thing from John Terry. Well yeah, that will be because it was a direct recording of you being a twat. I cannot believe there are people who have seen that and the recording of him yelling at Anton Ferdinand and believe his, "well, the replay makes it look bad, but in real life we all know I'm ace."

Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:00 pm   #2279
Undivided in Malta

DaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to beholdDaveLovesDee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
An English team in the CL final ....and it's not Man U - brilliant!
Or Spurs!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 7:26 pm   #2280
Grace and gratitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Or Spurs!
Or Woolwich

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room