Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Jun 4th 2017, 2:48 pm   #3751
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
United signing Bale.
Bale's done now. Too injury prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Ronaldo was obvs good, but thought Modric had an amazing game.

I am sure even the Real fans can't defend Ramos, what a vile cheat he is.
Yup. Juventus marginally the better side in the first half but failed to capitalise before conceding a sloppy goal.

Totally overpowered in the second and more defending that frankly looked very average for a team famed for being hard to break down.

Ronaldo's second goal was pure class. Made such a good finish look so effortless.

That Juventus goal was an absolute cracker too.

Ramos was a disgrace. I'll never think the same of him again.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 5:22 am   #3752
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Bale's done now. Too injury prone.
Let them sign him. Another Saints reject.

On Ramos - anyone seen the new clip where Cuadrado steps on his foot (or something)?
Having not seen any of it live / repeated I'm just regurgitating news.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:03 am   #3753
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let them sign him. Another Saints reject.

On Ramos - anyone seen the new clip where Cuadrado steps on his foot (or something)?
Having not seen any of it live / repeated I'm just regurgitating news.
I'd take Bale, although not for silly money. When fit he's an absolute beast. Think it's a bit harsh writing him off after 1 season. Although saying that I'd rather we did zero business with Real this season unless getting Ronnie back was on the cards. Don't want DDG to leave and all these player plus cash deals which are supposedly on the table don't light up my life, especially the one for Rodriguez.

The extra clip of the Ramos thing is Real fan boys grasping at straws. There was nothing in it. Ramos is just a cheating cnut!

Caught the second half of Carrick's testimonial yesterday. Several players still looking relatively sharp (Vidic, Evra, Saha, Scholes and even VDS making a few decent saves at the ripe old age of 47). Also bar one or two Satnav passes over the top and on a plate chances Rooney still looked pretty average. Good bit of banter too with Carragher clattering Gary Nev, Giggs nutmegging Caggagher in the box and Terry getting booed at every opportunity.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:06 am   #3754
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
I'd take Bale, although not for silly money. When fit he's an absolute beast. Think it's a bit harsh writing him off after 1 season.
Anyone turning their nose up at Bale is mental.

I think JamesM is just a bit jealous that even though Spurs have bottled the league for two years running despite having one hand on the trophy and a new cabinet on order...they still can't attract players of that quality.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:43 am   #3755
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyone turning their nose up at Bale is mental.

I think JamesM is just a bit jealous that even though Spurs have bottled the league for two years running despite having one hand on the trophy and a new cabinet on order...they still can't attract players of that quality.
Ouchie!

You're really getting your money out of the 'bottled it' comments aren't you!

So, as United are currently getting linked with pretty much everyone at Real to allow DDG to go the other way (even though no one has officially said anything).... who would you think would be United's best choice?

So far I've heard:

1. Rodriguez
2. Morata
3. Varane
4. Bale

I'm sure Ronnie will be in the group soon enough.

Also, what kind of deal would you see as realistic? I read somewhere that Real are willing to pay 80M for DDG and that yesterday there was chat about Morata + 22M.

I know this is all media BS but.....
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:48 am   #3756
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Ouchie!

You're really getting your money out of the 'bottled it' comments aren't you!

So, as United are currently getting linked with pretty much everyone at Real to allow DDG to go the other way (even though no one has officially said anything).... who would you think would be United's best choice?

So far I've heard:

1. Rodriguez
2. Morata
3. Varane
4. Bale

I'm sure Ronnie will be in the group soon enough.

Also, what kind of deal would you see as realistic? I read somewhere that Real are willing to pay 80M for DDG and that yesterday there was chat about Morata + 22M.

I know this is all media BS but.....
It's not my fault, they should have won the league.

Anyway. 80m for DDG is probably about right in today's money.
Rodriguez, would you really want him? Is he Di Maria MkII?
Varane would be good, genuinely class.
Bale would be a cracking signing.
Ronnie wants more CL trophies and league titles, United aren't there yet.
Morata, meh.

VVD to City for 60m is bargain of the summer.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:59 am   #3757
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
It's not my fault, they should have won the league.

Anyway. 80m for DDG is probably about right in today's money.
Rodriguez, would you really want him? Is he Di Maria MkII?
Varane would be good, genuinely class.
Bale would be a cracking signing.
Ronnie wants more CL trophies and league titles, United aren't there yet.
Morata, meh.

VVD to City for 60m is bargain of the summer.
Rodriguez - Agreed, hasn't exactly set the world alight has he and as you says has more than a bit of the Di Maria's about him....

Varane - Agreed, him and Bailly would be an awesome partnership!

Bale - I take him no doubt but not for silly money with the injury doubts.

Morata - Don't really know too much about him.

Ronnie - More trophies.... possibly, but he has won it all and the RM supporters still boo him while the United fans still sing his name. It would be great to see him back in the EPL and the condition he keeps himself in you could see him playing for a good few years yet.

I'd go, Ronnie, Varane, Bale, Morata / Rodriguez.....

Ps. VVD..... Uhhhh, only United are allowed to use initials.... ;-)

Agreed he's quality but that's a lot for a defender. City certainly need to fix their back line though. Thanks **** we didn't get Otamendi in the ned.

Last edited by jam25mack; Jun 5th 2017 at 7:01 am.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:36 am   #3758
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Agreed he's quality but that's a lot for a defender. City certainly need to fix their back line though. Thanks **** we didn't get Otamendi in the ned.
50m was a lot for Luiz. VVD is another level.

With new TV money, 60m is a snip for Virgil.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room