Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old May 19th 2017, 4:47 pm   #3616
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Nearly there then, the off season and some sun is hopefully on the cards, so time to have a little vote, let's hear your vote for:

1. player of the season
2. manager of the season
3. biggest waste of money of the season
4. most annoying, pompous post using the word 'trajectory' on this thread of the season.
1. Pogba
2. Jose
3. The new stadium near Seven Sisters
4. Like a salmon. Every time.
Old May 19th 2017, 5:32 pm   #3617
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nearly there then, the off season and some sun is hopefully on the cards, so time to have a little vote, let's hear your vote for:

1. player of the season
2. manager of the season
4. most annoying, pompous post using the word 'trajectory' on this thread of the season.
1. Jermaine Defoe for not being a twat.
2. Sean Dyche, he's had the lowest wage budget and not got relegated. Conte is all well and good but with Chelsea's injury record AND their bench/reserves I don't really think he had too hard of a job to do.
3. Bravo, utter utter shit.
4. Is the answer potato?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
that lad Spuds bought for quite a wedge from the Geordies. About as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and will be missed just about as much by everyone at WHL when he gets moved on by Poch this summer...
It's funny you say that as just the other day I say a story that said Barca, Real Madrid and AC Milan were interested in him, had to check the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Absolutely no chance that's true so whoever put the story out is off their rocker.
Old May 20th 2017, 10:30 am   #3618
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This news should please Ed

Angel Gomes 16 yr old midfielder the clubs youth team player of the year is expected to make his debut against Palace tomorrow.

He is the cousin of NANI
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ready-yet.html
Old May 20th 2017, 5:00 pm   #3619
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
1. Kante.... once again, for the second season running, the difference between the title winners & Tottingham Hotspurs...

2. Antonio Conte.... he's had a 'Cinderella' first season in England. It'll never happen again. A very likeable little man, it's a pity he's managing that shower o'shite.

3. I was going to say the extra few thousand seats that citeh had installed at the Emptihad, but Mike gets a bit 'touchy' when you mention them, so.... that lad Spuds bought for quite a wedge from the Geordies. About as useful as a chocolate fireguard, and will be missed just about as much by everyone at WHL when he gets moved on by Poch this summer...

4. Aye that one.... though the point in the post still stands as truthful.
Yup what he said.

I'm torn on Wednesday.

On the one hand I want United to win for Cainess.

On the other hand I want them to lose for Ed.

It's like having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other! What do I do??????

Last edited by JamesM; May 20th 2017 at 5:05 pm.
Old May 20th 2017, 9:02 pm   #3620
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

1. player of the season - Kante
2. manager of the season - Conte
3. biggest waste of money of the season - £89m.

Is Jose eyeing Chelsea to pick up some left overs?
Old May 20th 2017, 9:11 pm   #3621
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Yup what he said.

I'm torn on Wednesday.

On the one hand I want United to win for Cainess.

On the other hand I want them to lose for Ed.

It's like having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other! What do I do??????
Delete your account and stop posting?
Old May 21st 2017, 4:42 am   #3622
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
You can't have him, we're going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

Realistically, I think you've got a better chance than Watford after he tells the Allams to do one.
I wasn't kidding either, I think he'd be excellent with a structured, sensible club behind him (no offence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Imagine.

They might actually win something.
Who came 3rd in a 2 horse race?
Tottenham ****ing Hotspur.

#2017BottleJob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I remember when you hated being in the Europa League. Would rather finish 8th so you wouldn't be in Europe. How times change eh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I'd just like to congratulate Liverpool for making it another season unbeaten in the league. Well done, great achievement...

Lawro's final-day Premier League predictions v rock band Royal Blood - BBC Sport
Lawro's a ****. Always predicts us to lose...which 15 years ago was totally fair, but not in more recent times.

Quote:

1. player of the season
2. manager of the season
1. Virgil Van Dijk by a country ****ing mile.
2. Pue..hahahaha no. Klopp for winning the league in October? Poch for giving half of North London false hope? Nah. Got to be Jose for the spectacular U-Turn on the importance of the Europa league and managing to hold onto 6th for so long. Congrats, what a new trajectory that is.
3. Redmond? We pay his wages every week and he doesn't deserve them? But no. It goes to Sissoko at Spuds. 30 ****ing million. Let that sink in. 30 ****ING MILLION QUID.
4. This one.
Old May 21st 2017, 5:36 am   #3623
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
1. Virgil Van Dijk by a country ****ing mile.
2. Pue..hahahaha no. Klopp for winning the league in October? Poch for giving half of North London false hope? Nah. Got to be Jose for the spectacular U-Turn on the importance of the Europa league and managing to hold onto 6th for so long. Congrats, what a new trajectory that is.
3. Redmond? We pay his wages every week and he doesn't deserve them? But no. It goes to Sissoko at Spuds. 30 ****ing million. Let that sink in. 30 ****ING MILLION QUID.
4. This one.
Old May 21st 2017, 5:53 am   #3624
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
This news should please Ed

Angel Gomes 16 yr old midfielder the clubs youth team player of the year is expected to make his debut against Palace tomorrow.

He is the cousin of NANI
Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho calls up 10 kids | Daily Mail Online
If he does he'll be the youngest player since the great Duncan Edwards.....
Old May 21st 2017, 6:35 am   #3625
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Can you imagine buying Sissoko for 30 million quid?

32 appearances in all competitions for Spuds. Basically a million quid an appearance, most not even 20mins long. He's shit, he's a shop window player and has never justified that sort of price tag, let alone half of it.

I can't see Spuds getting more than £950,000 for him in a transfer to Bradford in League 2.

Dier, Walker, Alli was it in the press the other day all going to Citeh for wages befitting their ego/ability levels?

Bottled the league and bottle the transfer windows.
Old May 21st 2017, 8:12 am   #3626
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Loving the way that Spurs' success this season is bringing all the bitterness and jealousy out on this thread.

Yes we may lose some top players, sooner or later, but that's the whole point isn't it? Clubs like Spurs (and Leicester and Bournemouth) are proving that despite our wage structure (poor) and our ability to attract top players with mega bucks (we can't) we are building a an exciting and successful squad, the hard way, the proper way.

The likes of Chelsea, City and Man U better watch out, because times are changing, it's not enough any more, just to sign big expensive names, a squad who can work as team will always beat 11 individuals, no matter how good and how expensive some of those individuals may be.

Last edited by pommybird; May 21st 2017 at 8:15 am.
Old May 21st 2017, 8:32 am   #3627
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Loving the way that Spurs' success this season is bringing all the bitterness and jealousy out on this thread.

Yes we may lose some top players, sooner or later, but that's the whole point isn't it? Clubs like Spurs (and Leicester and Bournemouth) are proving that despite our wage structure (poor) and our ability to attract top players with mega bucks (we can't) we are building a an exciting and successful squad, the hard way, the proper way.

The likes of Chelsea, City and Man U better watch out, because times are changing, it's not enough any more, just to sign big expensive names, a squad who can work as team will always beat 11 individuals, no matter how good and how expensive some of those individuals may be.
Great nibble. But I'll help you realign with reality.

Sadly, Tottenham are turning into a bit of a Liverpool. The also-rans. The nearly men. The 'next year is our year' types.

You've had two really good shots at the league but 100% threw it away last year and should have been so much closer this year. I guess it's nerves, or knowing you don't really belong up there? Weird either way.

Lots of clubs do things 'properly' but Spurs aren't hard done by, you've been getting 30-40,000 at the Lane for donkeys years, you've been raping other clubs hand over fist with pride on transfers and avoid having much of a nett spend by doing so. You can and do buy 30m players (well, Sissoko isn't technically a 'player' but you spent it), so you're not the poor neighbours.

Soon you'll have a shiny new stadium which will be leased to all and sundry to pay for it and to stop Levy and his buddies having to dig too deep....so in reality, you should be embarrassed that you've got a chairman willing to spend 30m quid on Sissoko instead of actual footballers who might mean you don't just bottle the league again next year.
Old May 21st 2017, 8:41 am   #3628
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Great nibble. But I'll help you realign with reality.

Sadly, Tottenham are turning into a bit of a Liverpool. The also-rans. The nearly men. The 'next year is our year' types.

You've had two really good shots at the league but 100% threw it away last year and should have been so much closer this year. I guess it's nerves, or knowing you don't really belong up there? Weird either way.

Lots of clubs do things 'properly' but Spurs aren't hard done by, you've been getting 30-40,000 at the Lane for donkeys years, you've been raping other clubs hand over fist with pride on transfers and avoid having much of a nett spend by doing so. You can and do buy 30m players (well, Sissoko isn't technically a 'player' but you spent it), so you're not the poor neighbours.

Soon you'll have a shiny new stadium which will be leased to all and sundry to pay for it and to stop Levy and his buddies having to dig too deep....so in reality, you should be embarrassed that you've got a chairman willing to spend 30m quid on Sissoko instead of actual footballers who might mean you don't just bottle the league again next year.
Great nibble, but the reality is 30m in Sissoko is nowt compare to 90m on Pogba or 50m on Stones. Regardless of the purchase price of a player our wage structure is such that our top earners like Harry and LLoris are on around 100K, nowhere near the top earners at clubs like Man U, Chavs, City, Real....the list goes on. Our top players...Harry, Alli, Verts, Toby, LLoris....none of them plundered from other clubs at top brass, more like grass roots development and careful buys brought on by a top manager....now that's reality.
Old May 21st 2017, 9:17 am   #3629
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Quote:
Great nibble, but the reality is 30m in Sissoko is nowt compare to 90m on Pogba or 50m on Stones. Regardless of the purchase price of a player our wage structure is such that our top earners like Harry and LLoris are on around 100K, nowhere near the top earners at clubs like Man U, Chavs, City, Real....the list goes on. Our top players...Harry, Alli, Verts, Toby, LLoris....none of them plundered from other clubs at top brass, more like grass roots development and careful buys brought on by a top manager....now that's reality.
Pogba for 90m is an utter joke. It's embarrassing, but shows maybe how there isn't talent out there to be secured?
Stones for 50m means I'm worth at least 10, but I want him to be good and the premium is just because he's from Engerland init.

Hang on on the rest though.

Harry Kane, I'll give you.
Dilly Dally you bought from MK Dons, so hardly a Spurs development win, but a good buy for sure.
Toby was the result of a great loan period at Saints and Atletico finding out they had a great player and the buy clause in our loan deal was for buttons.
Lloris was a good buy for +/-15m euros and has played so consistently and regularly that it's probably one of the best buys you've made in recent years, Villas Boas did something right eh?

You've probably got better examples than these of players you've actually developed or others that haven't just been poached from rivals, but never mind, because we're forgetting one important bit:

The Bale money was wasted with true aplomb.

Paulinho
Eriksen
Soldildo
Chadli
Capoue
Chiriches
Lamela

£108m

Before you start - Eriksen, yes. Worth a very good sum and excellent.

Also - yes, I understand the salary being equally important but you're in the most attractive city, playing good football, champions league on offer and not poor owners, so that's a choice being made somewhere to not offer the big money.
Which fundamentally will limit you. Kane could double his cash at United and win titles (snigger). Dilly Dally could double or treble his pay packet else where and play for a truly 'big' club with genuine ambition.
Old May 21st 2017, 9:22 am   #3630
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure how and if you are even serious about comparing 30m wasted on one player with 90m spent on one of best young talents in the EPL, if not Europe? Its only the media and idiots who think Pogba isn't quality. Yes he doesn't score a million goals but that's not his job. He started slowly but has improved with each game, hence why he got into the Best Euro team. He's only 23 and next season when he has settled and gelled with the team i'm sure he'll be top draw. The repeated digs from the media is just lazy journalism. People said the same when we paid 30m for Rio all those years ago, but now when you look at him he was considered a bargain. Rooney too.

As for your wage structure, well done. It'll be interesting to see the level of loyalty from your players when some of the big boys come calling wafting handfuls of cash in their face. Cementing yourself in the top 4 and playing in Europe is one thing, but having a chance of winning the EPL, La Liga, CL etc is quite another. Lets see, I do hope they manage it.

Also, well done on the players you have brought through but its not like this is a unique achievement. Every now and again by chance a group of players come through together. Several teams have done it, the trick is recognising their quality and then managing to keep them all together.

I think next season will be pivotal for Spurs. Personally I've never had anything against them but that speaks volumes. Hopefully you'll manage to keep the bulk of your talent and the stadium move won't disrupt them too much. I'd rather have Spurs in the top 4 than Le Arse and then I may start disliking them.

Finally, you mention that Spurs have and are doing what they're doing without buying big. That's fine right now because you have some decent young talent but players will leave (be they your top players or not) and replacements will need to be brought in. This will cost money and if Levy is serious about winning something then he is going to have to pony up and start flashing the cash. That said, it's going to be pretty tricky with the current wage structure to attract the top players.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room