Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Jan 13th 2017, 3:50 am   #61
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
So another team says a big FU to its fans, ups sticks and leaves. This time it's the Chargers. I wonder if LA can sustain 2 teams.
The Raiders are ready to leave Oakland, (Again) This time Las Vegas?

San Francisco are in San Jose, (San Jose 49ers) is just not right.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:37 pm   #62
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So another team says a big FU to its fans, ups sticks and leaves. This time it's the Chargers. I wonder if LA can sustain 2 teams.
The Rams and the Raiders were both LA teams in the 80s, I believe.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th 2017, 5:48 pm   #63
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
They were, and we had the Oilers in Houston, and several of the current teams (Cardinals, Panthers, Ravens) didn't even exist.

The whole franchise thing here is crazy... the Rams were in LA, relocated to St. Louis for years, and then made the reverse journey last year...what about the fans?! If you were a Rams fan in LA, you lost your team, (presumably) had to find a new team (Raiders?) for about 15 years if you wanted to actually watch NFL games 'live' in LA (Oakland), and now 'your' team are back in town, trying to act like they never left.... I know what I'd be telling them if they came knocking on my door looking for support!!
Cainess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:15 pm   #64
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And neither hung around.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 6:30 pm   #65
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
They were, and we had the Oilers in Houston, and several of the current teams (Cardinals, Panthers, Ravens) didn't even exist.

The whole franchise thing here is crazy... the Rams were in LA, relocated to St. Louis for years, and then made the reverse journey last year...what about the fans?! If you were a Rams fan in LA, you lost your team, (presumably) had to find a new team (Raiders?) for about 15 years if you wanted to actually watch NFL games 'live' in LA (Oakland), and now 'your' team are back in town, trying to act like they never left.... I know what I'd be telling them if they came knocking on my door looking for support!!
I remember the Oilers from my Topps trading cards that became all the rage in NI very briefly right after the Bears won the Superbowl. The Cardinals did exist back then, but were based in St. Louis until they moved to Phoenix in '88. Started in Chicago back in the '30s if I remember correctly. Panthers and Ravens are newer though, and I think the Oilers became the Titans, didn't they?

I don't get the franchise thing, either, but I'm pretty sure neither of my two local franchises (I'm actually in both Bears and Packers territory here by the WI state line) are moving anywhere any time soon. They are the two oldest too, I think.

Quote:
And neither hung around.
The Rams came back though.

Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:02 pm   #66
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post

The Cardinals were the St Louis Cardinals, they moved to Arizona.
The Colts were Baltimore Colts.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:14 pm   #67
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I remember the Oilers from my Topps trading cards that became all the rage in NI very briefly right after the Bears won the Superbowl. The Cardinals did exist back then, but were based in St. Louis until they moved to Phoenix in '88. Started in Chicago back in the '30s if I remember correctly. Panthers and Ravens are newer though, and I think the Oilers became the Titans, didn't they?

I don't get the franchise thing, either, but I'm pretty sure neither of my two local franchises (I'm actually in both Bears and Packers territory here by the WI state line) are moving anywhere any time soon. They are the two oldest too, I think.

The Rams came back though.
The Nation League (NFL) and the American League (AFL) were two separate Leagues that later merged.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:16 pm   #68
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
The Nation League (NFL) and the American League (AFL) were two separate Leagues that later merged.
I know, but what was that in reference to?

Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:19 pm   #69
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I know, but what was that in reference to?
Apropos of nothing.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:20 pm   #70
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Apropos of nothing.
Oh, OK. I thought it was something to do with what I had posted and I couldn't work out what it was

Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:42 pm   #71
Fair and balanced
Premium Member

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think the Seahawks have a hope this year, they have been a shambles at times.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:47 pm   #72
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't get the franchise thing, either, but I'm pretty sure neither of my two local franchises (I'm actually in both Bears and Packers territory here by the WI state line) are moving anywhere any time soon
Packers won't be going anywhere. They're the only team in the league owned by the fans.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:48 pm   #73
**** the FCC

Quote:
Packers won't be going anywhere. They're the only team in the league owned by the fans.
As a neutral who adopted the Bears because apparently I like to watch teams lose every year, I always liked this about the Packers.

Old Jan 23rd 2017, 3:08 pm   #74
tom169 Male
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Falcons bet my expectations! I refused to call it until the final whistle... I've been broken far too many times before by them.

You know what, they might just do it!
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 3:17 pm   #75
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom169 View Post
Falcons bet my expectations! I refused to call it until the final whistle... I've been broken far too many times before by them.

You know what, they might just do it!
You refused to call it when it was 44-15? I called it before the end of the first half

I know I'm not supposed to, but I sort of low-key wanted the Packers to win that one.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room