Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Oct 29th 2016, 4:29 am   #31
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The NFL

Not much of a game last night, Tennessee v Jacksonville. In the first half, the whole J team played so badly one could only blame the coaching staff. Pathetic.

It's early in the season to be picking Conference champions, but for me it's hard to see anybody but New England winning the Superbowl, over Dallas. None of the others - except maybe Denver - look like being a contender.
Gordon Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 1:33 pm   #32
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightandbitter3 View Post
Whats happening to my Packers?!!?!?!!
They ran into my Redskins.... We have a dreadful defence, but we are superb going forward right now (the Cousins-Crowder-Kelley combo is brilliant!), and we can beat anyone on our day.

Hope we kick the Cowboys' butts this week- they are getting way too 'lippy'.
Cainess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 2:16 pm   #33
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightandbitter3 View Post
Whats happening to my Packers?!!?!?!!
Same thing that happened to the Bears, I suppose. You get used to it after enough seasons of mediocrity, though.

Listen to my music on YouTube or add me on facebook
SultanOfSwing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th 2016, 4:16 am   #34
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Same thing that happened to the Bears, I suppose. You get used to it after enough seasons of mediocrity, though.
Especially the Oakland Raiders.
Old Nov 24th 2016, 6:51 am   #35
**** the FCC

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Especially the Oakland Raiders.
I think the Bears actually beat them last year. Must have been during the one game that Cutler didn't have a broken nail.

Old Nov 24th 2016, 11:29 pm   #36
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a question for those who really know the history of the game. I've not been able to discover why the rule was changed to remove the need to actually touch the ball down behind the goal-line. (That change was made in 1889, Wiki tells me, but doesn't say why.) It doesn't really make sense to me. In Rugby League (at least, and probably Union too), crossing the line is not enough, for the player carrying the ball; indeed, that player ball can be held up if he's over the line, and carried back into the field of play. I can see the sense of that.

Can anybody help me?
Gordon Barlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th 2016, 2:45 pm   #37
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Here is a question for those who really know the history of the game. I've not been able to discover why the rule was changed to remove the need to actually touch the ball down behind the goal-line. (That change was made in 1889, Wiki tells me, but doesn't say why.) It doesn't really make sense to me. In Rugby League (at least, and probably Union too), crossing the line is not enough, for the player carrying the ball; indeed, that player ball can be held up if he's over the line, and carried back into the field of play. I can see the sense of that.

Can anybody help me?
Probably because a touchdown is itself just another 1st down. In order to generate a new set of downs outside the end zone, the ball doesn't need to be set down, one just has to cross the line. Same can be applied to a '1st down in the end zone', which in turn scores 6 points.

Old Dec 6th 2016, 4:21 pm   #38
Just Joined

LondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond repute

No matter how bad your team is, they'll never be as bad as the Browns, or my beloved Saints. Looking like another 8-8 or 7-9 season for us!!
LondonPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th 2016, 4:23 pm   #39
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonPhil View Post
No matter how bad your team is, they'll never be as bad as the Browns, or my beloved Saints. Looking like another 8-8 or 7-9 season for us!!
Take a look at the NFC North ...

The Browns may still be the shittiest team in the history of shitty teams, but the Bears aren't too far behind.

When the bloody Lions are in 1st place, you know something's wrong.

Old Dec 7th 2016, 1:51 am   #40
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kaepernick set an awesome record on Sunday. He became the first QB in history to get sacked more times than completed yards thrown! Sacked 5 times, threw for 4 yards!!! I think the 9ers are gonna be whipping boys for a few years!
Old Dec 7th 2016, 2:50 pm   #41
**** the FCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
Kaepernick set an awesome record on Sunday. He became the first QB in history to get sacked more times than completed yards thrown! Sacked 5 times, threw for 4 yards!!! I think the 9ers are gonna be whipping boys for a few years!
Holy shit, they have a worse record than the Bears . I thought that was solely Browns territory.

Old Dec 7th 2016, 3:52 pm   #42
Just Joined

LondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond reputeLondonPhil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thats terrible!!
LondonPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th 2016, 4:22 pm   #43
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Holy shit, they have a worse record than the Bears . I thought that was solely Browns territory.
Yep, we're 1-11. What are the Bears, something like 3-9? Thankfully, that one opening day win means we aren't the worst team, although I'm pretty sure the Browns would beat us at the minute. The team is in complete disarray!
Old Dec 7th 2016, 4:25 pm   #44
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonPhil View Post
Thats terrible!!
Yes, yes it is. It was snowing, but even so, 4 yards!!! He was taken off in the 4th quarter and replaced by Blaine Gabbert, but he's no better. And how did the 9ers prepare for the cold encounter in Chicago? They spent a week in Orlando after playing the Dolphins the previous game
Old Dec 7th 2016, 4:31 pm   #45
**** the FCC

Quote:
Yep, we're 1-11. What are the Bears, something like 3-9? Thankfully, that one opening day win means we aren't the worst team, although I'm pretty sure the Browns would beat us at the minute. The team is in complete disarray!
Yeah, 3-9. Very shit, but not completely shit.

Quote:
Yes, yes it is. It was snowing, but even so, 4 yards!!! He was taken off in the 4th quarter and replaced by Blaine Gabbert, but he's no better. And how did the 9ers prepare for the cold encounter in Chicago? They spent a week in Orlando after playing the Dolphins the previous game
With the snow falling, we had a home field advantage for that one anyway.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room