Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old May 4th 2005, 3:44 pm   #46
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0

Thanks Manc. As you rightly say, it just seems common sense not to post results. I watch games every week and think to myself I better not post as this may piss someone in S. Africa, Australia, NZ, Canada etc off, who may be watching it later, tape delay etc.
There is a football thread, or you could use something apart from a score as a title.
I also use the same logic when reviewing movies and clearly warn of any spoilers, especially in a movie with a twist or a suprise ending, most posters reviewing movies also seem to use the same common sense and courtesy. Perhaps the penny will drop, when and if you leave the UK, as to why you should not post sports results on a website used primarily by ex-pats in different countries and time zones.
I don't think I made a big song and dance, I did express my anger that someone would be so thoughtless and inconsiderate to do so, as a football fan that was going home from a day's work looking forward to the semi-final while the Mrs. was working that evening, no big deal I have forgotten about it, there will be plenty of other games.
I'm not sure why Frankie Forehead joined the conversation, apart from being a complete wind up merchant, that's okay as I took that to PM, I am sure other readers are not interested in myself and him trading insults.
It's over and done with as far as I'm concerned, no hard feelings.
Old May 4th 2005, 4:07 pm   #47
Scouse 
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo
I apologise to OP as I did not realise this thread was moved -ruined my evening plans though. I was joking about the score - I want the English team to win always - lets leave there huh ?
Fair enough!!
Old May 4th 2005, 6:49 pm   #48
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomelina
I'm not sure why Frankie Forehead joined the conversation, apart from being a complete wind up merchant, that's okay as I took that to PM, I am sure other readers are not interested in myself and him trading insults.
It's over and done with as far as I'm concerned, no hard feelings.
Hi Tomelina.... I joined in the thread before your rather abrupt and rude insult to scouse, and was amazed at how someone could reply the way you did, to what essentially is a harmless thread......However as you rightly say, being on the other side of the world and waiting in anticipation for a footie match, made you angry as someone posted the result before you could watch it. I too might have been a little miffed...but then again if it really was that important, I would've watched it first, well before going on the net....Don't know about your ISP, but mine posted the result on my home page, so as soon as I logged on it was there anyway.

Personally I was not winding you up, but was giving you probably what you deserved, as that kind of contribution to discussions on this forum, will result in fewer people joining in.

Thanks for the insults by the way....water off a ducks back...Brightened my evening up no end...
Old May 9th 2005, 2:28 pm   #49
Tone 
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room