Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old May 3rd 2005, 11:01 pm   #16
gsb 
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liverpool 1 Chelsea 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse
Thanks Frankie. Didn't cross the line? Who cares!!!
This whole thing depends on your point of view. A scouser would say: Great defensive display

A Chelski fan would say....lucky. (yeah and it did not cross the line)

I would tend to agree with the good defense point of view because I thought Pool were easily a match for anything and everyting Chelski threw their way tonight, although I really wanted to see Chelski win. But whoever the winner was going to be I hope they go on to win the whole thing.

Best of luck.
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:05 pm   #17
fraser 

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsb
This whole thing depends on your point of view. A scouser would say: Great defensive display

A Chelski fan would say....lucky. (yeah and it did not cross the line)

I would tend to agree with the good defense point of view because I thought Pool were easily a match for anything and everyting Chelski threw their way tonight, although I really wanted to see Chelski win. But whoever the winner was going to be I hope they go on to win the whole thing.

Best of luck.
Well I'm glad Liverpool won it's bad for the game if Chelsea win
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:16 pm   #18
Scouse 
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Just incase you missed it...CHELSEA 0 LIVERPOOL 1......TOSSER!!!!!
I'd be surprised if you get any Karma for that one, Frankie!!
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:26 pm   #19
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomelina
I think the whole point is I didn't miss it. I sent you a PM you nosey ****.

By the way the home team goes first on the score sheet dipshit
Thanks for the PM... Fat Brummie ******....Heres the match report...You tight arse Banks drinking Knob...
Tuesday May 03 2005 21:50
LIVERPOOL 1 CHELSEA 0 (1-0 ON AGG)
Anfield has a new crop of legends. Twenty years after their last appearance in the European Cup final ended in tragedy at Heysel, Liverpool are finally - and deservedly - back.

Luis Garcia's fourth-minute strike was enough to secure a dramatic victory against Chelsea as the Blues endured the pain of a second consecutive semi-final defeat.

However, that was just half the story on a night of sheer, gut-wrenching, spine-tingling emotional drama.

While history can sometimes cripple a club with expectation, it can also be inspirational and this was yet another European glory night to savour at Anfield.

From Inter Milan in 1965, to Bruges in 1976, St Etienne in 1977 and, more recently, Barcelona, Roma and Juventus, many sides have buckled in front of the incredible power of the Kop. And so it proved again.

Liverpool, under the astute leadership of Benitez, were carried to victory by their fans as they played their hearts out in providing England with a first Champions League finalist in six years.

Rafa Benitez's side may not have won the competition just yet. Indeed, AC Milan may yet face them in the final.

However this team - an incredible 33 points behind Chelsea in the league - have already over-achieved this season in getting this far. They had been written off by many, but prevailed all the same.

It was new wealth against the aristocracy of English football, a team that won its second title in 100 years just three days earlier against a club with 18 domestic titles and four European Cups.

Chelsea were left to reflect on what could have been, but also what has been. For, with the title added to the Carling Cup, it has still been an historic season for Jose Mourinho's side.

This was nevertheless just one step too far at the end of the marathon.

In truth, the Blues hit the physical wall about two weeks ago and not even Mourinho could inspire them any further as Eidur Gudjohnsen flashed a late chance agonisingly wide.

Chelsea - without either Damien Duff or Arjen Robben - had been faced by a cacophonous atmosphere not matched anywhere else in the country from the moment they walked out.

And just as they had done against Juventus in the quarter-finals, Liverpool were inspired into surging forward straight from the kick-off.

With just over three minutes gone, Steven Gerrard flicked the ball forward and Milan Baros hurtled after it, just managing to lob it over Petr Cech before being brought crashing to the ground.

Referee Michel Lubos refused a penalty but Garcia was onto the ball in a flash, clipping it goalwards, with the spin ensuring William Gallas could not recover in time to hook it off the line.

Now Chelsea really needed to show what they are made of. Instead, they seemed transfixed by the intensity of the occasion and the home side's suffocating pressure.

Liverpool, with Dietmar Hamann in for the suspended Xabi Alonso, were tackling as if their careers depended on it and were winning not only the 50-50 balls, but most of the 40-60 tackles as well.

Then again, Chelsea only had to score once to go through on away goals and there was no need for any panic in their ranks.

Indeed, both sides, with just one frontline striker each, traded blows without ever threatening to break through again before the interval.

Didier Drogba burst onto Joe Cole's pass but could not turn inside the immaculate Jamie Carragher, and Chelsea patently lacked any natural width.

Benitez was living every moment on the touchline, while Mourinho was rather more subdued. But then he had re-energised his side against Fulham and Bolton with motivational half-time team talks.

Once again, Chelsea tried to respond but Liverpool held firm, albeit while rather uncertain about whether to twist or hold.

They soon had little choice. Djibril Cisse was brought on for Baros to provide fresh legs up front, but Mourinho responded with Mateja Kezman and Robben on for Cole and Tiago with 22 minutes left.

With Drogba having curled one free-kick wastefully over the bar and Jerzy Dudek tipping another fierce effort by Lampard around the post Chelsea needed the inspiration of even a half-fit Robben.

Carragher was nevertheless indefatigable, producing one vital block from Robben, although Gerrard soon matched him with a last-ditch tackle on the Dutchman.

There were red shirts everywhere that Chelsea turned.

On came the towering figure of defender Robert Huth for Geremi with 15 minutes, flung up front to unsettle the home side.

Liverpool's hearts fluttered every time that Chelsea broke over the half-way line, but still they held firm.

Two idiotic fans held up play by running onto the pitch - one flinging a flag in Mourinho's face - but even then Liverpool did not lose their composure.

Cisse's shot was deflected wide on the break and Cech denied the striker a second time when clean through. Anfield throbbed in expectation.

The Kop even had to cope with six minutes of injury-time, with Gudjohnsen flashing a shot inches wide with the goal seemingly at his mercy.

Eventually the final whistle blew and Anfield erupted. It was, indeed, the stuff of legends.

Teams:

Liverpool: Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Hamann (Kewell 72), Biscan, Luis Garcia (Nunez 84), Riise, Gerrard, Baros (Cisse 59). Subs Not Used: Carson, Smicer, Warnock, Welsh.

Booked: Baros.

Goals: Luis Garcia 4.

Chelsea: Cech, Geremi (Huth 76), Ricardo Carvalho, Terry, Gallas, Tiago (Kezman 68), Makelele, Lampard, Cole (Robben 68), Drogba, Gudjohnsen. Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Johnson, Forssell, Nuno Morais. Agg (1-0)

Att: 42,529

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

source: football365
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:27 pm   #20
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'll try not to lose tooooooo much sleep
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:44 pm   #21
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the PM... Fat Brummie ******....Heres the match report...You tight arse Banks drinking Knob...
Tuesday May 03 2005 21:50
LIVERPOOL 1 CHELSEA 0 (1-0 ON AGG)
Anfield has a new crop of legends. Twenty years after their last appearance in the European Cup final ended in tragedy at Heysel, Liverpool are finally - and deservedly - back.

Luis Garcia's fourth-minute strike was enough to secure a dramatic victory against Chelsea as the Blues endured the pain of a second consecutive semi-final defeat.

However, that was just half the story on a night of sheer, gut-wrenching, spine-tingling emotional drama.

While history can sometimes cripple a club with expectation, it can also be inspirational and this was yet another European glory night to savour at Anfield.

From Inter Milan in 1965, to Bruges in 1976, St Etienne in 1977 and, more recently, Barcelona, Roma and Juventus, many sides have buckled in front of the incredible power of the Kop. And so it proved again.

Liverpool, under the astute leadership of Benitez, were carried to victory by their fans as they played their hearts out in providing England with a first Champions League finalist in six years.

Rafa Benitez's side may not have won the competition just yet. Indeed, AC Milan may yet face them in the final.

However this team - an incredible 33 points behind Chelsea in the league - have already over-achieved this season in getting this far. They had been written off by many, but prevailed all the same.

It was new wealth against the aristocracy of English football, a team that won its second title in 100 years just three days earlier against a club with 18 domestic titles and four European Cups.

Chelsea were left to reflect on what could have been, but also what has been. For, with the title added to the Carling Cup, it has still been an historic season for Jose Mourinho's side.

This was nevertheless just one step too far at the end of the marathon.

In truth, the Blues hit the physical wall about two weeks ago and not even Mourinho could inspire them any further as Eidur Gudjohnsen flashed a late chance agonisingly wide.

Chelsea - without either Damien Duff or Arjen Robben - had been faced by a cacophonous atmosphere not matched anywhere else in the country from the moment they walked out.

And just as they had done against Juventus in the quarter-finals, Liverpool were inspired into surging forward straight from the kick-off.

With just over three minutes gone, Steven Gerrard flicked the ball forward and Milan Baros hurtled after it, just managing to lob it over Petr Cech before being brought crashing to the ground.

Referee Michel Lubos refused a penalty but Garcia was onto the ball in a flash, clipping it goalwards, with the spin ensuring William Gallas could not recover in time to hook it off the line.

Now Chelsea really needed to show what they are made of. Instead, they seemed transfixed by the intensity of the occasion and the home side's suffocating pressure.

Liverpool, with Dietmar Hamann in for the suspended Xabi Alonso, were tackling as if their careers depended on it and were winning not only the 50-50 balls, but most of the 40-60 tackles as well.

Then again, Chelsea only had to score once to go through on away goals and there was no need for any panic in their ranks.

Indeed, both sides, with just one frontline striker each, traded blows without ever threatening to break through again before the interval.

Didier Drogba burst onto Joe Cole's pass but could not turn inside the immaculate Jamie Carragher, and Chelsea patently lacked any natural width.

Benitez was living every moment on the touchline, while Mourinho was rather more subdued. But then he had re-energised his side against Fulham and Bolton with motivational half-time team talks.

Once again, Chelsea tried to respond but Liverpool held firm, albeit while rather uncertain about whether to twist or hold.

They soon had little choice. Djibril Cisse was brought on for Baros to provide fresh legs up front, but Mourinho responded with Mateja Kezman and Robben on for Cole and Tiago with 22 minutes left.

With Drogba having curled one free-kick wastefully over the bar and Jerzy Dudek tipping another fierce effort by Lampard around the post Chelsea needed the inspiration of even a half-fit Robben.

Carragher was nevertheless indefatigable, producing one vital block from Robben, although Gerrard soon matched him with a last-ditch tackle on the Dutchman.

There were red shirts everywhere that Chelsea turned.

On came the towering figure of defender Robert Huth for Geremi with 15 minutes, flung up front to unsettle the home side.

Liverpool's hearts fluttered every time that Chelsea broke over the half-way line, but still they held firm.

Two idiotic fans held up play by running onto the pitch - one flinging a flag in Mourinho's face - but even then Liverpool did not lose their composure.

Cisse's shot was deflected wide on the break and Cech denied the striker a second time when clean through. Anfield throbbed in expectation.

The Kop even had to cope with six minutes of injury-time, with Gudjohnsen flashing a shot inches wide with the goal seemingly at his mercy.

Eventually the final whistle blew and Anfield erupted. It was, indeed, the stuff of legends.

Teams:

Liverpool: Dudek, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Traore, Hamann (Kewell 72), Biscan, Luis Garcia (Nunez 84), Riise, Gerrard, Baros (Cisse 59). Subs Not Used: Carson, Smicer, Warnock, Welsh.

Booked: Baros.

Goals: Luis Garcia 4.

Chelsea: Cech, Geremi (Huth 76), Ricardo Carvalho, Terry, Gallas, Tiago (Kezman 68), Makelele, Lampard, Cole (Robben 68), Drogba, Gudjohnsen. Subs Not Used: Cudicini, Johnson, Forssell, Nuno Morais. Agg (1-0)

Att: 42,529

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

source: football365
Thanks for being a complete twat Wankie Foreskin. I've already looked at the report now I know the score. I watch numerous EPL games live on the satellite TV here in the States at the weekend, however I do not then immediately post the results as it may spoil the match for some ex-pats that use this site in the US, Canada, Australia etc. That's just me considering others before posting. I am sure that's a difficult concept for you to understand. Don't cry too hard when Liverpool get spanked by AC Milan in the final. You might have to broaden your horizons to less stereotypes ( Banks drinking?? WTF??) if you ever get your fat arse away from the TV in the UK? Guess I'll just have to content myself with an afternoon at the beach in 70 degree weather instead of a shite game with an iffy goal. I should thank you really. Have a nice day you arsepiece.
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:45 pm   #22
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for being a complete twat Wankie Foreskin. I've already looked at the report now I know the score. I watch numerous EPL games live on the satellite TV here in the States at the weekend, however I do not then immediately post the results as it may spoil the match for some ex-pats that use this site in the US, Canada, Australia etc. That's just me considering others before posting. I am sure that's a difficult concept for you to understand. Don't cry too hard when Liverpool get spanked by AC Milan in the final. You might have to broaden your horizons to less stereotypes ( Banks drinking?? WTF??) if you ever get your fat arse away from the TV in the UK? Guess I'll just have to content myself with an afternoon at the beach in 70 degree weather instead of a shite game with an iffy goal. I should thank you really. Have a nice day you arsepiece.
You're welcome....Knob Jockey
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:48 pm   #23
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You're welcome....Knob Jockey
Whatever
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:49 pm   #24
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Whatever
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:52 pm   #25
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Are you watching the game again on video?
Old May 4th 2005, 12:15 am   #26
pjlfc Male
Forum Regular

pjlfc will become famous soon enoughpjlfc will become famous soon enough

After watching the game live,if it wasnt a goal(which it was),it was a penalty and a sending off anyway.Over both legs i think LFC had the better chances anyway,Dudek had 3 saves to make over 180 minutes.Caragher 100%pure gold as a defender.Mourhino didnt even have the good grace to say the best team won over the 2 legs ,wanker,needs to learn a bit of humility!!Anyway must be off,got to sort out my tickets for me and my 11 yead old son(already been and seen us win a euro trophy!!)for the final in Turkey(gonna cost me a new car for her indoors,but its worth it)

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that." Bill Shankly

"Liverpool are Champions Of Europe,,AGAIN!!!"
Old May 4th 2005, 3:39 am   #27
Eskimo Male
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Id be suprised if either you or Frankie ****head get any Karma you pair of ****ing wankers ...........

from another expat who now knows the score

tit ....
Old May 4th 2005, 6:30 am   #28
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo
Id be suprised if either you or Frankie ****head get any Karma you pair of ****ing wankers ...........

tit ....
so what was the score?

Old May 4th 2005, 7:51 am   #29
Expat Taxi driver

starman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of lightstarman is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnrob2
so what was the score?

Who cares, I already have my ticket for the final and the stadium is only 20 mins from me
Old May 4th 2005, 8:51 am   #30
Scouse 
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo

tit ....
Double duhh!!

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room