Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:43 am   #61
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hitmans Chances

Apparently, Cotto can't fight Hatton yet due to contractual obligations:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4073522.stm

Looks like it might be Corrales in Cardiff:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4071620.stm

Been to Disney? Loved Orlando? Want to move to the US? This is for you.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:03 pm   #62
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
I see Ordinary Harrison won last night

My thoughts exactly.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:09 pm   #63
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Apparently, Cotto can't fight Hatton yet due to contractual obligations:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4073522.stm

Looks like it might be Corrales in Cardiff:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4071620.stm
Don't worry about that they also so he's 26....

DOB 29/10/80 mmmm 24

The money the fight would produce normally helps to find ways.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:56 am   #64
Payed up premium member

So I guess the next fight in the division is the one on my
wedding night...Gatti v Mayweather, which me and the future 'trouble and strife' are still in talks as to when to see it...

This will plan the future I believe, decisions will be made after this night
but which? what? opinions?????

My opinion.. the winner will be too pissed to see Hattons name at the
top and want to sort it out.

Decider....., a big money match in the states.

Alan
Old May 12th 2006, 3:25 am   #65
Payed up premium member

Its that time again.....
Old May 12th 2006, 4:25 am   #66
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoal2003
Its that time again.....
Strange choice of fight for me - I think a victory would be a real springboard for him as the US fans could take to his toe-to-toe style extremely well.
I think Saturday should be a tough fight for him, though the bookies make him a 1/5 shot.
Old May 12th 2006, 4:39 am   #67
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Strange choice of fight for me - I think a victory would be a real springboard for him as the US fans could take to his toe-to-toe style extremely well.
I think Saturday should be a tough fight for him, though the bookies make him a 1/5 shot.
I'd fancy Ricky to beat anyone on the night - If he comes throughthis one I think he has the world at his feet - Americans already know about Ricky as he has fough t in the states before and they have covered his fights on TV before - as for the betting the Yanks always favour their man which makes it all the more sweeter beating them!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th 2006, 4:46 am   #68
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
as for the betting the Yanks always favour their man which makes it all the more sweeter beating them!!!!!!!!!
No, hatton is a 1/5 shot with british bookies.
I hope he wins - I'd love to see him fight in vegas some day and that could be his next stop if he wins at the weekend, though I know he wants to fight at the gardens.
Old May 12th 2006, 6:05 pm   #69
Payed up premium member

Todays news the 'Prince' is doing a little bird for his driving proess..

Pass me the soap Naz
Old May 12th 2006, 6:06 pm   #70
Payed up premium member

Quote:
No, hatton is a 1/5 shot with british bookies.
I hope he wins - I'd love to see him fight in vegas some day and that could be his next stop if he wins at the weekend, though I know he wants to fight at the gardens.

I too really hope he can do something in Vegas.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:01 pm   #71
Thinking about it

Lucky boy in my opinion.
won by 3 rounds on 2 cards and 1 on another, but personally I didn't think he'd done enough.
Whether it was because he was fighting a southpaw or a bigger man than usual he just didn't seem to be his normal energy packed self - not as many hooks to the body as we've come to expect.
His reputation got him through imo - draw would have been a fair result.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:08 pm   #72
Payed up premium member

Quote:
Lucky boy in my opinion.
won by 3 rounds on 2 cards and 1 on another, but personally I didn't think he'd done enough.
Whether it was because he was fighting a southpaw or a bigger man than usual he just didn't seem to be his normal energy packed self - not as many hooks to the body as we've come to expect.
His reputation got him through imo - draw would have been a fair result.
I'm gonna watch it again, I was nervous as hell waiting for the decision
my US buddies thought Hatton won, me......very close.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:12 pm   #73
Thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoal2003
I'm gonna watch it again, I was nervous as hell waiting for the decision
my US buddies thought Hatton won, me......very close.
The last round was a bit hairy too - he was def very shaken - i thought colazo was a pretty useful tool to be honest.
Old May 15th 2006, 12:57 am   #74
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The last round was a bit hairy too - he was def very shaken - i thought colazo was a pretty useful tool to be honest.
Yeh but it was his first fight at that weight and it was for a title most people step up and have a few easy fights 1st

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room