Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Closed Thread

Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:37 pm   #1
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Hitmans Chances

As a big follower of Ricky Hatton, I would like to here peoples thoughts and predictions on his up coming bout with costa in June.

Any other views on the light/junior welter division? Mayweather, Gatti, Cotto, Witter.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:46 pm   #2
Iginla 
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Hitmans Chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoal2003
As a big follower of Ricky Hatton, I would like to here peoples thoughts and predictions on his up coming bout with costa in June.

Any other views on the light/junior welter division? Mayweather, Gatti, Cotto, Witter.
Darn!!!!!

I thought this thread was going to be about these hitmen:

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/home.html

Two games of decent WHL play-off hockey coming up tonight and tomorrow night with row 13 centre ice seats for $22(CAD) a pop.

Sorry, have no idea about Ricky Hatton.

I'm watching the contender though!
Old Mar 30th 2005, 8:03 am   #3
NJJ 
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla
Darn!!!!!

I thought this thread was going to be about these hitmen:

And there was me seeing the thread title and thinking Brett "The Hitman" Hart LOL!!

Seriously though, I'm hoping to watch it somewhere here in Aus. Anybody know what venues in Victoria are showing it & what time it's on locally here?

NJJ
Old Mar 30th 2005, 12:47 pm   #4
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJJ
And there was me seeing the thread title and thinking Brett "The Hitman" Hart LOL!!

Seriously though, I'm hoping to watch it somewhere here in Aus. Anybody know what venues in Victoria are showing it & what time it's on locally here?

NJJ
It will be live on Showtime and HBO <I think> the time is definately 2am GMT. They had loads of trouble getting the coucil to agree the license. Won't everywhere have it on, he is australian?

alan
Old Mar 31st 2005, 6:21 am   #5
NJJ 
BE Forum Addict

NJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to beholdNJJ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It will be live on Showtime and HBO <I think> the time is definately 2am GMT. They had loads of trouble getting the coucil to agree the license. Won't everywhere have it on, he is australian?

alan

I dont think we have HBO or showtime here in australia. AFAIK the only PPV channel is Sentana Sports so it may be on that I suppose. Can any posters on here from Australia shed any light on this??
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:13 pm   #6
Iginla 
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJJ
You were along the right lines. He was one of the original founders of the hitmen.

BTW 4-0 and 3-2 (2nd period OT) last 2 nights. Decent fight last night too. 17 and a half thousand there!

Sorry evoal I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Maybe you can tell us why you think he's so special. I'll keep an eye out for him.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:43 pm   #7
Payed up premium member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginla
You were along the right lines. He was one of the original founders of the hitmen.

BTW 4-0 and 3-2 (2nd period OT) last 2 nights. Decent fight last night too. 17 and a half thousand there!

Sorry evoal I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Maybe you can tell us why you think he's so special. I'll keep an eye out for him.
Because hes creating the biggest night of british boxing (outside heavyweight) for years. Hes fighting the world No.1 (who will remain in history for many,many years) in the most competitive division.

Old May 14th 2005, 5:08 pm   #8
Payed up premium member

I wasn't expecting this thread to be so popular...

So tonight is Tito Trindad vs Winky Wright, I think it will be Tito
with a late round knockout.

But time will tell.
Old May 15th 2005, 1:18 am   #9
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

I'm a big Ricky Hatton fan and believe he can win however this will be far and away his toughest fight to date - Full respect to Kostya but I think he may have underestimated Ricky who can actually box as well as brawl - as for the others: Mayweather - think the nickname "pretty boy" says it all: Gatti - past his best and had 2 many warrior battles: Cotto - Seems to be the other up and coming boxer alongside Ricky and would love to see a fight between them. Its interesting that he's from Puerto Rico and yet knows all about Ricky: Witter - a good fighter but will always fail against class opposition like Zab Judah who I see you seem to have left out
Old May 15th 2005, 5:55 am   #10
Payed up premium member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
I'm a big Ricky Hatton fan and believe he can win however this will be far and away his toughest fight to date - Full respect to Kostya but I think he may have underestimated Ricky who can actually box as well as brawl - as for the others: Mayweather - think the nickname "pretty boy" says it all: Gatti - past his best and had 2 many warrior battles: Cotto - Seems to be the other up and coming boxer alongside Ricky and would love to see a fight between them. Its interesting that he's from Puerto Rico and yet knows all about Ricky: Witter - a good fighter but will always fail against class opposition like Zab Judah who I see you seem to have left out
Zab Judah what a name he made again tonight. He made the No. 1 contender look like an ameteur.

Tito what happened here? Just couldn't hit the guy at all. A good thought out plan by Winky, to say the least.

I'm living in Puerto Rico, the support for Tito was unbelieveable, every 2 mins on the radio, it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. As for the other big name here Cotto I think it was wise the Ricky didn't fight him at this stage.

June 4 what a date to remember, it's such a tough challenge that many have lost. I love the Hitman and have been in the 'electric' crowd when he has come out dancing to 'Bluemoon' I'd love to think he could win,but........

June 25 what a big day too, I get married, then the boxing

Have you been to the MEN? Where do you put the Bradford Switch fighter in all of this??????

alan
Old May 15th 2005, 5:56 am   #11
Payed up premium member

Quote:
I wasn't expecting this thread to be so popular...

So tonight is Tito Trindad vs Winky Wright, I think it will be Tito
with a late round knockout.

But time will tell.
How much further from the truth could a prediction be
Old May 15th 2005, 6:10 am   #12
NJJ 
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
Full respect to Kostya but I think he may have underestimated Ricky who can actually box as well as brawl

I think the whole australian media underestimate hatton. I can see it now, if kostya wins it will be on tv and the press here with the usual australian patronising style, if ricky wins it will probably warrent 5mins on the sports roundup on sports tonight if anything at all..
Old May 15th 2005, 6:52 am   #13
NJJ 
BE Forum Addict

I see amir khan had a good win to round off his amateur career:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4541503.stm
Old May 16th 2005, 2:35 am   #14
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Zab Judah what a name he made again tonight. He made the No. 1 contender look like an ameteur.

Tito what happened here? Just couldn't hit the guy at all. A good thought out plan by Winky, to say the least.

I'm living in Puerto Rico, the support for Tito was unbelieveable, every 2 mins on the radio, it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings. As for the other big name here Cotto I think it was wise the Ricky didn't fight him at this stage.

June 4 what a date to remember, it's such a tough challenge that many have lost. I love the Hitman and have been in the 'electric' crowd when he has come out dancing to 'Bluemoon' I'd love to think he could win,but........

June 25 what a big day too, I get married, then the boxing

Have you been to the MEN? Where do you put the Bradford Switch fighter in all of this??????

alan
I think Witter comes into the category of the best of the rest and not in the same class as the others we've mentioned - he has only fought one genuine world class opponent who took him to school - I think he will fight for world titles but always come up short - having said that he's a brit and will support him regardless except against Ricky
Old May 19th 2005, 1:21 am   #15
Payed up premium member

Quote:
I think Witter comes into the category of the best of the rest and not in the same class as the others we've mentioned - he has only fought one genuine world class opponent who took him to school - I think he will fight for world titles but always come up short - having said that he's a brit and will support him regardless except against Ricky
Witter isn't fighting again until 9/7/05 according to boxrec.com, they have him world No.8.

All in all we have an interesting couple of months alot of questions that have been un answered in this division will finally be told. We shall see.

As a thought, I look at boxing results online through secondsout.com and the above do you have any others?

alan

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room