Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:17 pm   #91
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Will they fit in a Laguna ?
LOL I was actually gonna add that I could squeeze one into my Miata.
Nutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:45 pm   #92
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Circuit of the Americas is looking mighty fine:

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:38 pm   #93
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Circuit of the Americas is looking mighty fine:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQi7yyacKEY
Yeah.. It's looking nice.

Awful name... It doesnt exactly have that excitment factor does it?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:43 pm   #94
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Yeah.. It's looking nice.

Awful name... It doesnt exactly have that excitment factor does it?
Most of the criticism I read about the name was the usual "arrogant American's presuming to have a track for the whole of the continent blah-blah-blah" nonsense. I quite like the name Circuit of the Americas though. I just hope this fresh start will lead to a renewed interest in the USA and hopefully some growth in exposure, get more fans involved etc
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 6:53 pm   #95
still chillin'

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Most of the criticism I read about the name was the usual "arrogant American's presuming to have a track for the whole of the continent blah-blah-blah" nonsense. I quite like the name Circuit of the Americas though. I just hope this fresh start will lead to a renewed interest in the USA and hopefully some growth in exposure, get more fans involved etc
Sorry - I'm with Nutek - don't find the name inspiring at all
old.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:55 pm   #96
Premium Member

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just hope this fresh start will lead to a renewed interest in the USA and hopefully some growth in exposure, get more fans involved etc
That is more likely to be dashed by NBC and their TV coverage from next year than anything else. Motor sport coverage here with the exception of Fox/Speed is blighted by inane commentators who can make to whole thing seem dull.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm   #97
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansbury View Post
That is more likely to be dashed by NBC and their TV coverage from next year than anything else. Motor sport coverage here with the exception of Fox/Speed is blighted by inane commentators who can make to whole thing seem dull.
I'm hoping for the best, but I suspect you are correct.

Oh well,
Old Oct 28th 2012, 1:52 pm   #98
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Why are the newer tracks so utterly souless?

Bleh

Judging by the air quality in todays race they tried to spice things up by running it in the middle of a forest fire.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 2:40 pm   #99
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are the newer tracks so utterly souless?

Bleh

Judging by the air quality in todays race they tried to spice things up by running it in the middle of a forest fire.
I was hoping a dog would run onto the track and liven it up.

I agree, the new tracks are just concrete and tarmac boreathons.

DRS, KERS? Oh for a return to the likes of James Hunt and some proper human interest.

Possible death too I guess but that is what separates an 'extreme sport' from a glorified high speed sponsorship exercise.
DeadVim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th 2012, 7:38 am   #100
221b Baker Street
Premium Member

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
I was hoping a dog would run onto the track and liven it up.

I agree, the new tracks are just concrete and tarmac boreathons.

DRS, KERS? Oh for a return to the likes of James Hunt and some proper human interest.

Possible death too I guess but that is what separates an 'extreme sport' from a glorified high speed sponsorship exercise.
That was certainly the most boring race so far this year. Up to now it hasn't been too bad; better than previous (recent) years I thought.

The V6 might be interesting. I wonder how fast they'll manage to make that go.
Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th 2012, 7:39 am   #101
still chillin'

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
That was certainly the most boring race so far this year. Up to now it hasn't been too bad; better than previous (recent) years I thought.

The V6 might be interesting. I wonder how fast they'll manage to make that go.
I'm going to agree since I fell asleep watching the recording and had to watch the final laps this morning - definitely not the best race of the season
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:40 pm   #102
Premium Member

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

It's at the stage where Adrian Newey is the biggest influence on who wins the drivers championship. The guy is a genius, but his cars do make the front of the field a procession.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20109454
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:02 pm   #103
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Vettel sent to the back of the grid. Bet he's super grumpy right now.

Looks like a start from the pitlane. Not sure i would opt for that at this circuit. Not with that tunnel.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 7:11 pm   #104
still chillin'

Quote:
Vettel sent to the back of the grid. Bet he's super grumpy right now.

Looks like a start from the pitlane. Not sure i would opt for that at this circuit. Not with that tunnel.
Where did you find this Nutek - I watched qualifying and didn't hear anything and can't find anything on google.

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:47 pm   #105
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Where did you find this Nutek - I watched qualifying and didn't hear anything and can't find anything on google.

Thanks
f1 forums were talking about it after watching twitter feeds ( not something i can bring myself to be bothered with). It's hitting the news now though.

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/822311...rom-Qualifying

Same thing they did to Hamilton in Spain.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room