Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 4:58 pm   #31
still chillin'

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Formula 1 fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadVim View Post
I heard that, Button went OK though
Got the recording going now - fell asleep. Thats what I get for working nights I guess
old.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:55 am   #32
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Got the recording going now - fell asleep. Thats what I get for working nights I guess
I'm going to confess to watching "Long Way To The Top" on ABC2 then switching back to the end of the GP.

It just wasn't holding my interest and some late night music history was more my thing.
DeadVim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th 2012, 5:21 am   #33
still chillin'

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm going to confess to watching "Long Way To The Top" on ABC2 then switching back to the end of the GP.

It just wasn't holding my interest and some late night music history was more my thing.
So you missed Schumacher?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:20 am   #34
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad race I guess.

Having the Williams and the Maclaren die sort of took the fun out of it a bit for me though. Pretty much no challenge from there on.

I dont know if its only on Speed, but WHY OH WHY do we not get post-race interviews anymore. They do those awful "podium interviews" now (which I cant watch due to them being so painfully awful). Are those actually instead of the "real thing" now, or is Speed just not showing it?
Nutek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:24 am   #35
still chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Not a bad race I guess.

Having the Williams and the Maclaren die sort of took the fun out of it a bit for me though. Pretty much no challenge from there on.

I dont know if its only on Speed, but WHY OH WHY do we not get post-race interviews anymore. They do those awful "podium interviews" now (which I cant watch due to them being so painfully awful). Are those actually instead of the "real thing" now, or is Speed just not showing it?
BBC showed podium interviews with EJ, but on other shows we've had post race interviews. Don't know, sorry Nutek
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:36 am   #36
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BBC showed podium interviews with EJ, but on other shows we've had post race interviews. Don't know, sorry Nutek
I have to turn off right after the race so as to avoid the "podium interviews". They make me cringe.. Just awful.

Mind you, I killed the volume as soon as vettel crossed the line anyway so I didnt have to listen to him on the radio.

Schumi kind of.... misjudged that a bit didn't he?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:37 am   #37
still chillin'

Quote:
I have to turn off right after the race so as to avoid the "podium interviews". They make me cringe.. Just awful.

Mind you, I killed the volume as soon as vettel crossed the line anyway so I didnt have to listen to him on the radio.

Schumi kind of.... misjudged that a bit didn't he?
Just a little - was lucky though that both walked away
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:06 pm   #38
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you missed Schumacher?
I guess I did ... I am the owner of a rather nice (and huge) framed Schumacher-themed picture though.

I bought it in London at the big Motor Show thing many years back, I collected it from the painter in Whitstable, Kent.

It's currently sitting in the UK, the only thing of significance that I own that hasn't made the trip to Oz ...
DeadVim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:13 pm   #39
still chillin'

Quote:
I guess I did ... I am the owner of a rather nice (and huge) framed Schumacher-themed picture though.

I bought it in London at the big Motor Show thing many years back, I collected it from the painter in Whitstable, Kent.

It's currently sitting in the UK, the only thing of significance that I own that hasn't made the trip to Oz ...
You were right - Button did okay

Think Di Resta did better though to finish 4th
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:22 pm   #40
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Button did okay

Think Di Resta did better though to finish 4th
Both ran well I think. Button did his (mostly) normal race, Di Resta did really well for 4th.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 11:01 am   #41
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Well I guess this is the news of the day.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102895

I have to say, I didn't think he would actually do it. I think he was far better off where he was.

Still, it will make for interesting watching next season, that's for sure.

This will spice things up as well..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102891
Old Sep 28th 2012, 12:47 pm   #42
still chillin'

Quote:
Well I guess this is the news of the day.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102895

I have to say, I didn't think he would actually do it. I think he was far better off where he was.

Still, it will make for interesting watching next season, that's for sure.

This will spice things up as well..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102891
Just saw the same thing on Sky during my break - and I think you're right, things will get interesting
Old Sep 28th 2012, 7:54 pm   #43
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly $$$$ won the day. Having said that though, no one really knows what will happen when the engine regs change in a couple of seasons - Mercedes could end up competitive, or not. It strikes me as a massive gamble on Mercs part.

As for McLaren, they've got the best driver they could in Sergio Perez, I'll think he'll do a great job alongside the experience of Button. It'll be nice to see Button not being treated like the teams second driver, which he has seemed like for awhile.
civilservant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th 2012, 8:30 pm   #44
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Clearly $$$$ won the day. Having said that though, no one really knows what will happen when the engine regs change in a couple of seasons - Mercedes could end up competitive, or not. It strikes me as a massive gamble on Mercs part.

As for McLaren, they've got the best driver they could in Sergio Perez, I'll think he'll do a great job alongside the experience of Button. It'll be nice to see Button not being treated like the teams second driver, which he has seemed like for awhile.
Pretty much, i think.

Can't see Merc winning in 2013, but who knows what the new turbo is looking like for 2014?

It is going to be nice to have a relatively new driver in a top team like Maclaren for next year. I hope it doesnt hurt sauber too much though, financially.

Pressure on Rosberg to perform now as well, or be doomed to a number two driver position forever.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:00 am   #45
Nutek Male
Premium Member

Looks like Sauber get to keep Telmex on board next year, despite Perez leaving.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103073

I'm glad. I always had a soft spot for Sauber.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room