Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:08 am   #1
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England Rugby (Union)

Can anyone tell me what the heck is wrong with the England team at the moment? It's full of great players all willing to lay their lives on the line and yes, they keep winning. But 'ugly' does not describe it. Static, route one with occasional flashes of inspiration.
And to try and blame Italy for yesterday's partial farce when it should have been obvious after the first or even second non-ruck what they were up to. England did not respond until after I guess they had a well deserved dogging in the dressing room at half time.
Scotland and Ireland will be huge challenges if England carry on like this.
tintriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:45 am   #2
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England Rugby (Union)

I think its one of those things where right now it just isn't clicking. The team look like they need to gel a bit.

Agreed it was pretty farcical tactics by Italy but it was tactics all the same. Can see a rule change in the future to stamp that out.

As for Ireland and Scotland challenging.... Scotland will put a decent fight up but Ireland are looking average all day at the moment.

All in all though the table is looking pretty good. Would hae like more points scored Vs conceded but what can you do.

In terms of positives, I don't think they can get much worse....
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:55 pm   #3
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Italy came to lose by as few as possible and pulled it off - well done them. They had a plan which worked well in stopping England moving the ball away from the 9.

I think trying to beat Ireland in Dublin on Paddy's weekend will be a step to far. I think England should beat Scotland at Twickers.

I am off to Dublin though and the ticket only cost me the GDP of a small west African country......
Garbatellamike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th 2017, 4:30 am   #4
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
I think trying to beat Ireland in Dublin on Paddy's weekend will be a step to far. I think England should beat Scotland at Twickers.

I am off to Dublin though and the ticket only cost me the GDP of a small west African country......
Didn't appreciate the Paddy's Day factor. Should be a cracking game then. As I said earlier though, Ireland are distinctly average at the moment so possibly this may not be enough. Hopefully it is as I just remembered I have a 500 AED bet with a bog trotting co-worker.

Add beer tokens onto your ticket price and you may surpass the GDP of a western European country. Dublin is far from cheap.
jam25mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:32 am   #5
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Didn't appreciate the Paddy's Day factor. Should be a cracking game then. As I said earlier though, Ireland are distinctly average at the moment so possibly this may not be enough. Hopefully it is as I just remembered I have a 500 AED bet with a bog trotting co-worker.

Add beer tokens onto your ticket price and you may surpass the GDP of a western European country. Dublin is far from cheap.
Yeah Jam , you are spot on and I'm taking my sister as her birthday present so will be on bread and water for a few months afterwards.

I am looking forward to it and I think England needs Wales to beat Ireland in Cardiff to end their title hopes and, therefore, I will have to change my second favourite rugby team from the default setting of "anyone playing Wales" which will be difficult and wanting Wales to win seems wrong on so many levels......
Old Mar 1st 2017, 6:16 am   #6
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wanting Wales to win
Go and shower you animal. Never want this, ever ever ever ever again.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 7:39 am   #7
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Go and shower you animal. Never want this, ever ever ever ever again.
Sorry - I am going to take myself outside and have severe words with me.....
Old Mar 18th 2017, 6:51 am   #8
Forum Regular

tintriangle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I am looking forward to it and I think England needs Wales to beat Ireland in Cardiff to end their title hopes and, therefore, I will have to change my second favourite rugby team from the default setting of "anyone playing Wales" which will be difficult and wanting Wales to win seems wrong on so many levels......
Looks like England at last started playing as a team and that you got what you wanted. However, that Wales win has made Ireland even more hungry for victory today.
And with Lions places up for grabs too.
Enjoy your day: it will have been worth all you have spent. We'll be in sandpit 2 hoping the internet holds out from 8pm onwards.
tintriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th 2017, 10:03 am   #9
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintriangle View Post
Looks like England at last started playing as a team and that you got what you wanted. However, that Wales win has made Ireland even more hungry for victory today.
And with Lions places up for grabs too.
Enjoy your day: it will have been worth all you have spent. We'll be in sandpit 2 hoping the internet holds out from 8pm onwards.
cheers tt -looking forward to it
Old Mar 18th 2017, 9:04 pm   #10
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

With a grand slam on the line, England were awful today! That said, that's twice in the space of a year Ireland have stopped teams on world record runs, and they were defintly the best team out there today.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 6:32 am   #11
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard the best news in a long long time..........
NBC Sports Picks Up Six Nations Rugby Rights In Six-Year Deal - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal | SportsBusiness Daily Global
Old Oct 7th 2017, 8:28 am   #12
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonline1 View Post
nice one

Already got tickets for France vs England in Paris so not reliant on TV for that one
Old Oct 7th 2017, 4:02 pm   #13
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
nice one

Already got tickets for France vs England in Paris so not reliant on TV for that one
I remember going to that fixture a few years back. Was a great night especially as we won. The French fans were great.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room