British football thread 2017-2018

You're on Page 98 of 112
Go to
  • Re: British football thread 2017-2018
    Quote: That England performance though. We've trademarked long passing, no movement and poor decision making. I'd love to know how many GCSE's those clowns have between them. Diabolical.
    Dier, Henderson and Ox in the centre of the park and we lacked creativity who'd have thought it
    There WAS a genuinely world class team playing in the UK last night...at Windsor Park. As England will (again) discover when they meet in the friendly game in November, Germany are far & away the best International side in the world...they have so much talent coming through that they could probably win the World Cup with their 'B' team.... Toni Kroos is a better midfielder than anyone England have produced in 20 years, absolute quality.

I still think they can be 'got at' in the middle of defence (Hummels isn't aggressive enough IMO), but it'll take some team to stop them next summer....
    Quote: Dier, Henderson and Ox in the centre of the park and we lacked creativity who'd have thought it
    That's been a major glare for England for twenty five years now. The lack of a world class central midfielder.

We've declined further as we aren't producing good centre back's anymore either. We had a generation with Jon Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Jon Woodgate, Ledley King. Look at the centre halves last night?

I don't know who they can throw in. Jack Wilshere against Slovenia's level would do ok but does not make the step up against sides with a bit of quality. Harry Winks isn't ready and may be no better than Wheelchair.

The long balls/passes drive me nuts. So flat and static. It's not a lack of leadership the basic intelligence and decision making on the pitch is awful.

I feel sorry for Southgate already. Success is England progressing from their group but I don't see it. Perhaps the World Cup entrants should be increased to 40 teams as the decline in quality would make England feel better about themselves.
    Quote: I don't know who they can throw in. Jack Wilshere against Slovenia's level would do ok but does not make the step up against sides with a bit of quality. Harry Winks isn't ready and may be no better than Wheelchair.
    I'd hope that Southgate tries out Harry Maguire on Sunday, he was always good for a random run from the back last season.
    Quote: Perhaps the World Cup entrants should be increased to 40 teams as the decline in quality would make England feel better about themselves.
    Just make another concurrent competition for the not-quite teams. We could call it the Worlduropa Cup.
    Quote: Just make another concurrent competition for the not-quite teams. We could call it the Worlduropa Cup.
    Make them play on Thursday like Arsenal
    Quote: Make them play on Thursday like Arsenal
    It did you well enough last season.....
    Quote: That's been a major glare for England for twenty five years now. The lack of a world class central midfielder.

We've declined further as we aren't producing good centre back's anymore either. We had a generation with Jon Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Jon Woodgate, Ledley King. Look at the centre halves last night?

I don't know who they can throw in. Jack Wilshere against Slovenia's level would do ok but does not make the step up against sides with a bit of quality. Harry Winks isn't ready and may be no better than Wheelchair.

The long balls/passes drive me nuts. So flat and static. It's not a lack of leadership the basic intelligence and decision making on the pitch is awful.

I feel sorry for Southgate already. Success is England progressing from their group but I don't see it. Perhaps the World Cup entrants should be increased to 40 teams as the decline in quality would make England feel better about themselves.
    yeah I think you are right we've not looked good since early 90s there was a lot of hype about the poorly named Golden Generation who in fact had boots of lead.
    Quote: That's been a major glare for England for twenty five years now. The lack of a world class central midfielder.

I've always really loved the World Cup, but for the first time I'm not really looking forward to it, with the prospect of such a dull and lacklustre national team. In addition it looks like Argentina may not even qualify, and can you call the World Cup, a world Cup at all, without Argentina?
    You just know that England will fluff their lines again in the World Cup, not enough of a killer instinct in the team.

Were in it, now let's hope they prove many wrong, go there and actually fight for the shirt, fans and country and try to progress, not expecting much from them, but some fight and whatever progression will be beneficial to a young team.

Now i can't wait to get back to Premier League football.
    So are the Dippers For Sale or ripe for a takeover?
    Liverpool owners slap £1BILLION price tag on club as leading financier begins takeover talks - Mirror Online

A 1 BILLION price tag if its true. So would this be a good or bad deal?

Now Pool fans have always thought as themselves as above other fans for a number of reasons.
    They are regarded as European Royalty due to their 5 times la.
    They do things the Liverpool Way in memory of the late Bill Shankly.
    They don't spend huge amounts of money like Citeh, Chelski and Yernited.
    They develop home grown talent and their fans are salt of the earth and knowledgeable about all things Football.

What a complete load of BOLLOCKS they will sell their arse just like any club if the money is right. When the Glazers took over it was all Typical Mancs selling themselves to US corporations.
    Now remind me who are in charge of Liverpool?

I dont hate Pool as a club but I despise their holier than thou fans and this type of deal might just make them shut their whiney Scouse gobs.
    Quote: So are the Dippers For Sale or ripe for a takeover?
    Liverpool owners slap £1BILLION price tag on club as leading financier begins takeover talks - Mirror Online

A 1 BILLION price tag if its true. So would this be a good or bad deal?

Now Pool fans have always thought as themselves as above other fans for a number of reasons.
    They are regarded as European Royalty due to their 5 times la.
    They do things the Liverpool Way in memory of the late Bill Shankly.
    They don't spend huge amounts of money like Citeh, Chelski and Yernited.
    They develop home grown talent and their fans are salt of the earth and knowledgeable about all things Football.

What a complete load of BOLLOCKS they will sell their arse just like any club if the money is right. When the Glazers took over it was all Typical Mancs selling themselves to US corporations.
    Now remind me who are in charge of Liverpool?

I dont hate Pool as a club but I despise their holier than thou fans and this type of deal might just make them shut their whiney Scouse gobs.
    Quote:
    Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that leading financier Amanda Staveley, who has strong links to billionaires in the Middle East, made initial soundings about the club’s availability on Sunday.
    That just backs up a couple of rumours I've heard about Qatari money looking for a new project to buy. Staveley will just be the face of the bid, not the actual buyer.
    Quote: That just backs up a couple of rumours I've heard about Qatari money looking for a new project to buy. Staveley will just be the face of the bid, not the actual buyer.
    It will certainly divide Pool fans if this happens.
    Lets face it Football is a business and not a sport. Owners don't really care about their fans though they say they do.
    If I had 2 billion lying around there is only 1 club I would invest in and that would be United and why I have followed them since I was 10 years old. I watched them in the 70s and 80s. I then moved to Canada and have never seen them since except on TV.

I just read this rehashed article on Football involving away fans. Someone tell me the fixtures are done for the fans and not TV revenue. Some very funny comments.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...iers-roy-keane
    Quote: It will certainly divide Pool fans if this happens.
    Lets face it Football is a business and not a sport. Owners don't really care about their fans though they say they do.
    If I had 2 billion lying around there is only 1 club I would invest in and that would be United and why I have followed them since I was 10 years old. I watched them in the 70s and 80s. I then moved to Canada and have never seen them since except on TV.

I just read this rehashed article on Football involving away fans. Someone tell me the fixtures are done for the fans and not TV revenue. Some very funny comments.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...iers-roy-keane
    And gone are the days when the Boxing Day matches were against your closest neighbours. These are this year's fixtures

Boxing Day fixtures 2017/18
    15:00 Bournemouth v West Ham United
    15:00 Chelsea v Brighton and Hove Albion
    15:00 Crystal Palace v Arsenal
    15:00 Huddersfield Town v Stoke City
    15:00 Liverpool v Swansea City
    15:00 Manchester United v Burnley
    15:00 Newcastle United v Manchester City
    15:00 Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton
    15:00 Watford v Leicester City
    15:00 West Bromwich Albion v Everton

Why not (home or away)
    Bournemouth v Southampton
    Brighton and Hove Albion v West Ham United
    Chelsea v Watford
    Huddersfield v Newcastle
    Liverpool v Everton
    Man City v Burnley
    Stoke v Man Utd
    Swansea v Crystal Palace
    Tottenham v Arsenal
    West Brom v Leicester

These would be much shorter distances for most fans to travel.
    Quote:
    These would be much shorter distances for most fans to travel.
    surely that should be Guildford v Man U then