Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:10 am   #1201
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Kids should just watch the man play to learn something about positioning, vision, touch & control.... unreal.
Kids should be made to watch Le God....that's where Xavi learned his trade and we all know how good he was/is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Please lads, don't go and **** it all up now!!
What a result. Some corking goals too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Yes! At work! Thankfully the management are all out so I don't have to keep the noise down either!
Did you scribble over your notebook to make us think you're actually working?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:51 am   #1202
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Well done City and Spurs yesterday. Great wins, great performances. Both looked very good against tricky opponents.

And then there's Liverpool. That first goal could have been the winner of the worst defending of the season award. Quite shocking.

Everton at the weekend, so back to PL winning ways with a Lukaku brace and a missed penalty.
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 1:19 pm   #1203
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Well done City and Spurs yesterday. Great wins, great performances. Both looked very good against tricky opponents.

And then there's Liverpool. That first goal could have been the winner of the worst defending of the season award. Quite shocking.

Everton at the weekend, so back to PL winning ways with a Lukaku brace and a missed penalty.
And they have a conveniently timed trip to Italy this evening, which is nice...

Ah, the Europa League... don't ya just love it....?!
Cainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 1:58 pm   #1204
IJ157 
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And they have a conveniently timed trip to Italy this evening, which is nice...

Ah, the Europa League... don't ya just love it....?!
Loved winning it. A trophy is a trophy! Nice to be back in the Champions League though.
IJ157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 2:57 pm   #1205
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ157 View Post
Loved winning it. A trophy is a trophy! Nice to be back in the Champions League though.
Oh, it was lovely to add the final trophy we were missing to 'complete' our collection ...but I hope NEVER to see the name Manchester United in that competition ever again- we are a Champions League club, and that standard should never be allowed to slip again.

Bad news- Pogba out for 6 weeks... BIG test for the rest (especially Ander Herrera, who was almost starting to get 'frozen out' a bit over the last few weeks) in his absence to keep the good start to the season going and make it hard for Paul to get back into the team again....

I'm a bit worried about Pogba, tbh. Hamstring injuries are notoriously difficult to recover from fully without WEEKS of rest, which he won't have the time to do, and I just hope we don't rush him back too quickly and risk it going out again and losing the lad for months of the season...
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:05 pm   #1206
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a few too many games. Especially if you have to qualify.

Also it's devaluation is the teams from the Champions League who fall into it as a second chance.

Addressing the latter would address the former and it'd be a better competition in my opinion.

Still silverware with a glitzy final at a major stadium.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:50 pm   #1207
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Koeman's odds of being the next sacked manager shortening by the minute
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:57 pm   #1208
zargof Male
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Koeman's odds of being the next sacked manager shortening by the minute
I don't know what's going on, really. It's embarrassing. It's like it's back to the bad old days of Martinez, neither the players or the manager look like they have a clue. But now we don't even have Lukaku to bail us out of the shit.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 6:08 pm   #1209
IJ157 
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There's a few too many games. Especially if you have to qualify.

Also it's devaluation is the teams from the Champions League who fall into it as a second chance.

Addressing the latter would address the former and it'd be a better competition in my opinion.

Still silverware with a glitzy final at a major stadium.

Completely agree with that. Always thought that part was a joke.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 9:08 pm   #1210
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargof View Post
I don't know what's going on, really. It's embarrassing. It's like it's back to the bad old days of Martinez, neither the players or the manager look like they have a clue. But now we don't even have Lukaku to bail us out of the shit.
Yeah well we just hope you don't turn up on Sunday as well or do the blue half come out for their Cup Final?????
Former Lancastrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 11:51 pm   #1211
zargof Male
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Yeah well we just hope you don't turn up on Sunday as well or do the blue half come out for their Cup Final?????
Cup final? You appear to be confused, this is a league match, not a cup game.
zargof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th 2017, 1:26 pm   #1212
Late In May In 1999...

Classic balls-up scenario is very well set up for Sunday afternoon now.... media already declaring United "comfortable winners", the (largely clueless) Social Media Mafia are mostly doing likewise, Everton have been a bomb-scare for the last fortnight, didn't bother to sign a replacement for Lukaku, got their butts handed to them by no-marks like Atalanta.... watch as we fail to beat them.

Sigurdsson will finally remember why he was rated at Swansea City; Rooney will be fired up to the hilt and Pickford will probably have his 'game of the season'.... I hate it when the pricks in the media blow smoke up our butts like they're doing about this game.... Everton will be hurting, and if our attitude isn't spot-on, this has 'f eck up' written all over it.
Old Sep 15th 2017, 3:23 pm   #1213
IJ157 
BE Enthusiast

Quote:
Classic balls-up scenario is very well set up for Sunday afternoon now.... media already declaring United "comfortable winners", the (largely clueless) Social Media Mafia are mostly doing likewise, Everton have been a bomb-scare for the last fortnight, didn't bother to sign a replacement for Lukaku, got their butts handed to them by no-marks like Atalanta.... watch as we fail to beat them.

Sigurdsson will finally remember why he was rated at Swansea City; Rooney will be fired up to the hilt and Pickford will probably have his 'game of the season'.... I hate it when the pricks in the media blow smoke up our butts like they're doing about this game.... Everton will be hurting, and if our attitude isn't spot-on, this has 'f eck up' written all over it.
Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this game as well.

It has been a tough schedule for Everton to begin the season. They can start performing and getting results after this weekend!
Old Sep 15th 2017, 5:34 pm   #1214
zargof Male
I love my brick!

Quote:

I don't have any confidence that we'll get any sort of result. If this is anything less than embarrassing, then that's an improvement. The fact is we got tonked at the Chavs, and there was no reaction. Then we got tonked at Spuds and there was no reaction. So I don't see anything changing now.

The only way I see us getting anything from this game is if we fluke a goal from a set piece and somehow manage to hold on for a result. But there really isn't anyone that looks like they are going to score. And now we're shipping goals at the back as well.

So yeah, going to be a great game...
Old Sep 16th 2017, 6:28 am   #1215
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I have a bad feeling about this game as well.

It has been a tough schedule for Everton to begin the season. They can start performing and getting results after this weekend!
For the past 4 years we'd have had a real problem winning this one. Not this year. 3-0 would be the minimum. Everton are shell-shocked and Koeman suddenly looks exposed. Can't see anything but as home win and Lukaku filling his boots.
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room