Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:56 am   #451
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I was actually agreeing with you. Obviously your intellect is as full as your stadium

Almost prediction time. Right now:

1. City
2. United
3. Everton
4. Arse
5. Spurs
6. Dippers

If United get a number 10 (or if Zlatan defies medical science and is ready for August) then the top 2 will switch (obviously).

I can't go to the bookies and put it on for you....
My apologies for not noticing you were agreeing with me - if I had any intellect I'd never have followed my lot for so long.

Predictions:

1. Chelsea
2. United
3. Everton
4. Arse
5. Spurs
6. Dippers
18. City
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 2:12 pm   #452
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
My apologies for not noticing you were agreeing with me - if I had any intellect I'd never have followed my lot for so long.

Predictions:

1. Chelsea
2. United
3. Everton
4. Arse
5. Spurs
6. Dippers
18. City
Mike, don't be be silly you have Walker at the back now

So what do you reckon, seriously, about paying 54 m? Don't know much about your system, but I think he thrived on Poch's style of play. Also he is prone to the odd glaring error or two, but at City he will have Stones covering for him instead of Alderweireld
Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:53 pm   #453
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Mike, don't be be silly you have Walker at the back now

So what do you reckon, seriously, about paying 54 m? Don't know much about your system, but I think he thrived on Poch's style of play. Also he is prone to the odd glaring error or two, but at City he will have Stones covering for him instead of Alderweireld
I think it's too much but if Lukakukuku is worth 80 plus million he's a bargain.

I think Pep will use him (and Mendy - fingers crossed) with Stones or Kompany or Otamendi in a back 3 with Gundogan and Fernandinho in front protecting Stones.

Maybe Pep's system will be something like this:

Ederson

Walker Stones/Vinnie Mendy/Bertrand

Gundogan Fernandinho

Sane D Silva KdB B Silva

Jesus/Auguerooooooo

But Pep also has options to go 4-3-3 (Augueroo flanked by Sane and Jesus) or 4-4-2 and play Augeroo and Jesus together up front - I think quite a lot of rotation will go on but Walker will probably play most games with Fernandinho occasionally deputizing at RB against weaker teams like Man U
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:06 pm   #454
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But Pep also has options to go 4-3-3 (Augueroo flanked by Sane and Jesus) or 4-4-2 and play Augeroo and Jesus together up front - I think quite a lot of rotation will go on but Walker will probably play most games with Fernandinho occasionally deputizing at RB against weaker teams like Man U
Hilarious.

No de Bruyn? If he's surplus to requirements, we'll have him. Still the architect of the best 45 minutes of football I've seen live - and I've seen Barcelona at the height of their powers. £50m + Lingard, or £40m without Lingard. Or £100m with Lingard, Smalling and Jones.

And Aguero will be at Chelsea (he wants a realistic chance of winning the ECL and playing in front of some fans), so count him out.
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:18 pm   #455
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hilarious.

No de Bruyn? If he's surplus to requirements, we'll have him. Still the architect of the best 45 minutes of football I've seen live - and I've seen Barcelona at the height of their powers. £50m + Lingard, or £40m without Lingard. Or £100m with Lingard, Smalling and Jones.

And Aguero will be at Chelsea (he wants a realistic chance of winning the ECL and playing in front of some fans), so count him out.
Yup. Odd omission. De Bruyne I'd argue perhaps only second in ability to Hazard in terms of attacking midfielders in the league in the last couple of seasons.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:24 pm   #456
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hilarious.

Er Mike put 'KdB'....isn't that De Bruyne?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:28 pm   #457
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Hilarious.

KdB = de Bruyne

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Jul 17th 2017 at 8:29 pm. Reason: PB read it and beat me to the reply
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:28 pm   #458
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
yes - and someone here sneered at my lack of intellect - bloomin' hypocrite
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:30 pm   #459
Grace and gratitude

Quote:
KdB = de Bruyne
Don't worry Mike, I've just pointed that out in the post above yours, don't mind Ed.....and to think he had the audacity to question your intellect!

Last edited by pommybird; Jul 17th 2017 at 8:32 pm.
pommybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:32 pm   #460
Grace and gratitude

Quote:
yes - and someone here sneered at my lack of intellect - bloomin' hypocrite
Ha, snap, we are operating in tune tonight!
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:34 pm   #461
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Ha, snap, we are operating in tune tonight!
hahha - great minds etc
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:38 pm   #462
Grace and gratitude

Quote:
hahha - great minds etc
We need Cainess back, to increase the brain cell to Man U fan ratio on this thread.

Where are you Cainess?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:40 pm   #463
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
We need Cainess back, to increase the brain cell to Man U fan ratio on this thread.

Where are you Cainess?
Come back Cainess all is forgiven
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:43 pm   #464
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
KdB = de Bruyne
I'm playing my "joker" here.

All Ed's fault.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:44 pm   #465
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
I'm playing my "joker" here.

All Ed's fault.
group think started by Ed - shame on you James

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room