Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Nov 14th 2017, 11:37 am   #2026
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
So does that make you the manager?
Running around flapping, screaming and shouting and hoping someone pays me attention? No, that’s Scamp.

I’m more the director of football. Smart, quiet, assured and totally unaccountable for the results or performance.
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:03 pm   #2027
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Running around flapping, screaming and shouting and hoping someone pays me attention? No, that’s Scamp.

I’m more the director of football. Smart, quiet, assured and totally unaccountable for the results or performance.
Well you share the same first name as a certain Ed Woodward then
Mind you TBF he does get some decent sponsorship deals as we now have an official tractor for Utd.
Former Lancastrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:15 pm   #2028
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Well you share the same first name as a certain Ed Woodward then
Mind you TBF he does get some decent sponsorship deals as we now have an official tractor for Utd.
He’s executive chairman or some other bullshit title. Basically it was his fault that SAF was allowed to run down the squad and then presided over Moyes and LVG’s appointments and dismissals, before letting Jose agree to spend £140k a week to keep Lingard. He’d have been better off just buying a tractor and making it wear a number 14 jersey. So he’s an unmitigated failure - so I think that’s Zargof - as an Everton fan he fits the bill...
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2017, 3:22 pm   #2029
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Always 2 sides. Sure the Italians were in a tough group with Spain and finished 2nd so had to play a qualifier against Sweden. 2 x games no goals.
Now Im betting if they had played NI instead of Sweden with the same result would you still sooner see the Italians in the WC rather than NI? I think I know the answer
Ah, but I'm not Swedish, so I don't have to look at it from that perspective... I'm pleased for the Swedes (and in particular their female fans, whom I look forward to 'seeing' next summer... ), but it doesn't alter the fact that, unless Zlatan comes out of retirement just for the tournament, their team is boring in the extreme (mind you, under the useless oaf, the Italians weren't that 'pretty' to watch either....)
Cainess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2017, 3:23 pm   #2030
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I feel sorry for you, I really do, to lose to a shitty penalty is hateful.

The least they could have done is given you 180 minutes to try and score a goal.
Whereas England will light up the tournament with some free-flowing, silky, adventurous football.... er, wait, no. That's Brazil I'm thinking of.....
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:27 pm   #2031
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Whereas England will light up the tournament with some free-flowing, silky, adventurous football.... er, wait, no. That's Brazil I'm thinking of.....
I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself.

England may be shit, but they're world cup participant pedigree shit....
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:34 pm   #2032
Late In May In 1999...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself.

England may be shit, but they're world cup participant pedigree shit....
They should be, with a population of 60 million....... mind you, the United States has a population of 325 million & an easy qualifying 'area' and they still couldn't make it....

One more snore-fest to go before we can forget about International football for 7 months and get back to the Prem....
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:39 pm   #2033
Scamp Male
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They should be, with a population of 60 million....... mind you, the United States has a population of 325 million & an easy qualifying 'area' and they still couldn't make it....

One more snore-fest to go before we can forget about International football for 7 months and get back to the Prem....
My Scottish Father throws the old population stats around when it comes to football, but look at New Zealand and rugby.....it's just an excuse.

Amen to that mate. 6 months of forgetting why I hate English football. Then I'll spend a month getting really excited about the World Cup and pretending I don't dream that we'll win it.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:15 pm   #2034
IJ157 
BE Enthusiast

IJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond reputeIJ157 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't see anything 'great' about it...very sad way for a legend like Buffon to finish his career; the manager is an idiot, leaving Insigne kicking his heels on the bench when they were desperate for goals.... like with NI, time for a huge overhaul (the difference being the Italians have plenty of talent coming through).

I'd rather have seen the Italians in Russia next summer than Sweden, who are like their Volvo cars...boringly functional, no excitement whatsoever.

Get your money on a Germany-Brazil final now...only France can prevent it happening.
Yeah, because Italy have been sooo exciting!
IJ157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:15 pm   #2035
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, we've got Mike Dean for the NLD, I just hope he's on form, if you know what I mean
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:41 pm   #2036
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyway, we've got Mike Dean for the NLD, I just hope he's on form, if you know what I mean
Hopefully you need that one goal head start having that prick as referee will give you.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 5:48 pm   #2037
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
Hopefully you need that one goal head start having that prick as referee will give you.
Will you be attending the Library on Saturday?
Old Nov 14th 2017, 8:18 pm   #2038
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will you be attending the Library on Saturday?
No unfortunately not, living in the US makes it difficult, I still have season tickets but they are used by friends. I was at a few games in May including the cup final and will be over for the Liverpool and Chelsea games.
I am really looking forward to this weekends game I think it could be a great game for neutrals and a nail biter for fans. That said we will probably lose 5-0.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:18 pm   #2039
Grace and gratitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
No unfortunately not, living in the US makes it difficult, I still have season tickets but they are used by friends. I was at a few games in May including the cup final and will be over for the Liverpool and Chelsea games.
I am really looking forward to this weekends game I think it could be a great game for neutrals and a nail biter for fans. That said we will probably lose 5-0.
Ah, hadn't realised you had made the move to the US.

Yes the NLD is always my favourite fixture of the season, but despite form I never feel confident about it (apart from the time Hooky lost our bet and he had to have his 'Arsenal with the words crap crap crap written all over it' avi for a month).
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:27 pm   #2040
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ah, hadn't realised you had made the move to the US.

Yes the NLD is always my favourite fixture of the season, but despite form I never feel confident about it (apart from the time Hooky lost our bet and he had to have his 'Arsenal with the words crap crap crap written all over it' avi for a month).
A bet was a bet.
DaveLovesDee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room