Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room

Old Nov 10th 2017, 6:12 pm   #1981
zargof Male
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British football thread 2017-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
I'll concede that point. Would you settle for slightly less of a tosser than the other 2?
It's a bit of a silly conversation really. It's a lot easier to say which footballers aren't scumbags.

Leighton Baines and Steven Naismith is the answer BTW.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:17 pm   #1982
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Wanna buy a Football Club?
Who will start the bidding?
Blackpool's owners the Oyston family have put both the club and the company that owns Bloomfield Road up for sale.

Blackpool FC and Blackpool FC Properties Ltd are both available to buy as Owen Oyston and son Karl look to end their 31-year relationship with the Lancashire club.

As a very young child I spent many a time at Bloomfield Rd watching players like Jimmy Armfield, Tony Green, Alan Suddick, Paul Hart, Peter Suddaby, Mickey Walsh and a few others.
After the Oyston family destroyed the club they are just another team sad to say as in the 1950's they were perhaps considered one of the bigger teams who had the likes of Sir Stanley Mathews and Stan Mortensen plying their trade.

I know scamp won't be interested as its a peasant club Oop North.
Former Lancastrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:19 pm   #1983
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It's a bit of a silly conversation really. It's a lot easier to say which footballers aren't scumbags.

Leighton Baines and Steven Naismith is the answer BTW.
Couldn’t pick either out of a lineup.

I always had a soft spot for Evra - until he beat the shit out of a fan, of course.

I’ve met a few players and most are twats. GNev and Jamie Redknapp being big exceptions. Absolutely brilliant. And Norman Whiteside - who I had a pee next to in Cardiff, who was, and is, a legend.
ededed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:30 pm   #1984
zargof Male
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Couldn’t pick either out of a lineup.
That's because you know nothing about football.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:34 pm   #1985
iaink 
Moderαtor Emeritus
Premium Member

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

In related lower league news this put a smile on my face and did cause coffee to snort out of my nose.
Honestly, if this was from the Onion or Mash it would be funny, but this is an actual real thing!
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ckpool-oystons

Should we start a list of other clubs he probably should not officiate at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Wanna buy a Football Club?
Who will start the bidding?
Blackpool's owners the Oyston family have put both the club and the company that owns Bloomfield Road up for sale.

Blackpool FC and Blackpool FC Properties Ltd are both available to buy as Owen Oyston and son Karl look to end their 31-year relationship with the Lancashire club.

As a very young child I spent many a time at Bloomfield Rd watching players like Jimmy Armfield, Tony Green, Alan Suddick, Paul Hart, Peter Suddaby, Mickey Walsh and a few others.
After the Oyston family destroyed the club they are just another team sad to say as in the 1950's they were perhaps considered one of the bigger teams who had the likes of Sir Stanley Mathews and Stan Mortensen plying their trade.

I know scamp won't be interested as its a peasant club Oop North.

Last edited by iaink; Nov 10th 2017 at 7:39 pm.
iaink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 7:36 pm   #1986
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Show us your posts where you're poking 'fun' at another club that isn't Manchester United then.... If you were a scouser that would be fair enough, since it's 'us & them', but Chavs are JCLs who didn't matter to anyone (not even Fulham) before the Russian thief arrived.

I only wish there WAS an ignore function on here, though some of the others might quote you so I'd 'see' your nonsense anyway.

BTW, I hate Swiss-bought referees... if thon's a "penalty" last night, there'd be about 30 penalties in the PL every weekend....fckin' chopper, that Romanian b'stard.
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

There you go.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 8:10 pm   #1987
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaink View Post
In related lower league news this put a smile on my face and did cause coffee to snort out of my nose.
Honestly, if this was from the Onion or Mash it would be funny, but this is an actual real thing!

Welcome back Ian and that could be perceived as the Scouse Wit coming into play. I admit it took me 3 times to say the refs name to fully appreciate where you coming from. It helps if you say the name fast.

Now imagine him reffing a Citeh and Chelski game. Which brown envelope would he take?

FFS Jones possible hamstring injury in the friendly. This should now put him with more minutes on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Nov 10th 2017 at 8:30 pm.
Former Lancastrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 8:39 pm   #1988
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargof View Post
That's because you know nothing about football.
True. Wish I was an armchair fan who was as wise as an Evertonian who’s never been to Evertonia. Chomp.

Quote:

Iain! Never thought I’d say this to a proper Scouser, but welcome back! Nice to have you here, hope you stick around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

There you go.
Thanks for the tip
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:09 pm   #1989
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks for the tip
Your welcome, I'm just a nice guy and a sport.
Always ready to offer a helping hand to the needy.
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:20 pm   #1990
ededed Male
Vitriolic trajectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
Your welcome, I'm just a nice guy and a sport.
Always ready to offer a helping hand to the needy.
I’m sure. At least you aren’t a Scouser.

Who does Abrahams play for? Half an eye on the Engerlund game, and every time he seems to have the ball he falls over or gives it away. Hilarious. Hoping it’s a Mickey Mouse club.....
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:31 pm   #1991
BE Forum Addict

Quote:
I’m sure. At least you aren’t a Scouser.

Who does Abrahams play for? Half an eye on the Engerlund game, and every time he seems to have the ball he falls over or gives it away. Hilarious. Hoping it’s a Mickey Mouse club.....
Why he's one of our bright young hopefuls, like Lukaku and De Bruyne.
Probably end up costing some astronomical fee and playing for one of the Manchester teams'

"Since meeting up with Gareth Southgate’s side, Rashford and Lingard have made an impression on Abraham.

‘The lads are very bubbly and when you look at players like Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard, you can see that they’re confident lads and it gives you that nice belief in yourself as well when you get to play with top talented players like that."

Last edited by johnwoo; Nov 10th 2017 at 9:33 pm.
johnwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:37 pm   #1992
iaink 
Moderαtor Emeritus
Premium Member

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Iain! Never thought I’d say this to a proper Scouser, but welcome back! Nice to have you here, hope you stick around...
Dont worry Ed, I never was a "proper" scouser, at best I was a wool from the wirral, and even then I was a transplant from the home counties, so you dont have to hand in your ManU membership card just yet.
Hows that one year transitional season coming along
Old Nov 10th 2017, 9:45 pm   #1993
JamesM Male
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I've just had an epiphany.

Welcome back son. Just reading your news in the Canada section.

Finally getting out of this hell hole.
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th 2017, 10:06 pm   #1994
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
FFS Jones possible hamstring injury in the friendly. This should now put him with more minutes on the treatment table than on the pitch.

What are you worried about? You look much better defensively when Jones is injured
Garbatellamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th 2017, 12:05 am   #1995
Lost in BE Cyberspace

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who does Abrahams play for?
Swansea

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Locker Room