British football thread 2017-2018

You're on Page 1 of 164
Go to
  • A thread dedicated to all things football. Except for Mickey Mouse leagues, like the MLS and the SPL.
  • Re: British football thread 2017-2018
    Cheers Ed
    Quote: A thread dedicated to all things football. Except for Mickey Mouse leagues, like the MLS and the SPL.
    Will there be a 'foreign' football thread for those?
    Yessssss.

17-18 Season.
    Saints might score.
    Quote: Yessssss.

17-18 Season.
    Saints might score.
    Don't get your hopes up
    Can I just raise the issue that it will take Cainess until Christmas to realise this thread exits.
    Lincoln City and Forest Green Rovers will be playing in League 2 next season. Come on you Imps....
    This maybe a daft question - what happens if Spurs get to the last couple of rounds of the FA Cup while their "home" is Wembley? Would a neutral venue have to be found?
    Quote: Can I just raise the issue that it will take Cainess until Christmas to realise this thread exits.
    don't tell him..

Quote: This maybe a daft question - what happens if Spurs get to the last couple of rounds of the FA Cup while their "home" is Wembley? Would a neutral venue have to be found?
    That's a good question. Given Potch is about to leave it probably isn't a consideration. I doubt Neil Warnock or Tim Sherwood (or whoever Levy gets to replace him on the cheap) will get Spurs past the 3rd round.

Speaking of Levy, I saw that the sweet old soul managed to shellack the Spurs fans for £10 for a souvenir programme for the last match at WHL. What a beautiful man he is. The only saving grace is that Wayne Rooney, the fattest and laziest player in the PL, will forever go down in history as the last man to score at the Lane.
    Quote: don't tell him..

The only saving grace is that Wayne Rooney, the fattest and laziest player in the PL, will forever go down in history as the last man to score at the Lane.
    Ah, you 'gave the game away' with that post on the other thread, Ed...

Very amused about the second bit.... a trivia quiz question in a few years time (and all this in a game we so clearly didn't give two shites about... )!!
    Given that the last 5 managers that won the Premier League found themselves out of a job not long after I wouldn't be surprised if Levy decided to wait on Conte.
    Quote: don't tell him..

<snip Spurs related bollocks>

Speaking of Levy, I saw that the sweet old soul managed to shellack the Spurs fans for £10 for a souvenir programme for the last match at WHL. What a beautiful man he is. The only saving grace is that Wayne Rooney, the fattest and laziest player in the PL, will forever go down in history as the last man to score at the Lane.
    Hey don't diss the guy, he organised a rainbow over WHL for the closing ceremony last night, that takes some doing.
    Quote: Hey don't diss the guy, he organised a rainbow over WHL for the closing ceremony last night, that takes some doing.
    "Tears from heaven for the lane" I read somewhere. For ****s sake. You're moving next door. It's not like WHL was a decent stadium either. United's midfield yesterday was older than White Hart ****ing Lane.
    Quote: Will there be a 'foreign' football thread for those?
    I actually watch MLS live and on TV. It's bollocks.

This post concludes all further discussion.

The last thing we need is that guy coming back who harps on about the A-League and posts those naff supporter videos.
    QUOTE JamesM I actually watch MLS live and on TV.