Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab

Closed Thread

Old Jan 23rd 2008, 12:18 pm   #1
Just Joined

dynia49 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Thebox.bz - nice and kicking!

does anyone have had the same experience? I've registered a week ago to thebox.bz, downloaded about 1.5 GB, then I was uploading all the time. When I tried to log-in yesterday, it said, the account is disabled. So I went to IRC and talked to some admins and inquired, why my account was disabled. They said, I've got a duplicate account. I told them, that I didn't open a second account, well, maybe some time ago I opened an account and I forgot about the first account. Then they said I've used a proxy too and that I was lying and deleted the unknown to me first account and kicked me out of the IRC and the site, without hearing me out.
They really think I'm stupid and open a second account. And they call me a liar!
I've read here, the people of thebox.bz are the biggest egos on the planet, and I think this is what they are...

A second possibility, why they think I've got a second account is, that my ISP is giving dynamic IP-addresses (not fixed addresses, the IP-address changes from time to time, I don't know how often), and someone registered with the IP-address I have now. It seems unlikely to me. And why they think, I use a proxy? I've tested the proxy-thing and it seems, my ISP isn't using proxies.
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 1:51 pm   #2
Ray
Premium Member

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thebox.bz - nice and kicking!

I lost interest after line three ....
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 3:57 pm   #3
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I lost interest after line three ....
Wow! You got that far?

At least it beats the usual "please send me an invite" bollocks.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 4:52 pm   #4
Bob Male
Not so super superslob

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They're just a bunch of crunts, they want you to donate to up your ratio, it's a good scam really...

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 5:30 pm   #5
Just Joined

dynia49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
Wow! You got that far?

At least it beats the usual "please send me an invite" bollocks.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm flattered! And I'm terribly sorry for my very long and very boring post, it won't happen again, I promise!

Actually I kinda thought of my post being quite boring, just wanted to share the crap from that site.

@Bob: exactly what I was thinking about that site thebox.bz! Thanks for the reply!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 2:55 am   #6
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
They're just a bunch of crunts, they want you to donate to up your ratio, it's a good scam really...
It is still a lot cheaper than paying a fortune to your ISP to up your download limit.

If you are in Perth and bored maybe you should look in the mirror
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:43 am   #7
Just Joined

jerrygarcia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynia49 View Post
does anyone have had the same experience? I've registered a week ago to thebox.bz, downloaded about 1.5 GB, then I was uploading all the time. When I tried to log-in yesterday, it said, the account is disabled. So I went to IRC and talked to some admins and inquired, why my account was disabled. They said, I've got a duplicate account. I told them, that I didn't open a second account, well, maybe some time ago I opened an account and I forgot about the first account. Then they said I've used a proxy too and that I was lying and deleted the unknown to me first account and kicked me out of the IRC and the site, without hearing me out.
They really think I'm stupid and open a second account. And they call me a liar!
I've read here, the people of thebox.bz are the biggest egos on the planet, and I think this is what they are...

A second possibility, why they think I've got a second account is, that my ISP is giving dynamic IP-addresses (not fixed addresses, the IP-address changes from time to time, I don't know how often), and someone registered with the IP-address I have now. It seems unlikely to me. And why they think, I use a proxy? I've tested the proxy-thing and it seems, my ISP isn't using proxies.
my account has suddenly been disabled even though i have a good ratio - . Can you explain how to talk to an administrator? I can't find the irc channel or get access to the website.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:46 pm   #8
Just Joined

tancka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I finally managed to boost my ratio and even earned the “power user“ title. Today suddenly- for no apparent reason my access was denied and I could not log on. And there is no way to contact any of the staff to give some explanation!!!!?

So, does anybody know the way to get in touch with them and find out what is happening (I found it impossible to get on the irc page they suggest)?

tancka
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:31 am   #9
jdr Male
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Read post 4.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:05 am   #10
KLF
Awsomely UnAustralian

KLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to beholdKLF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancka View Post
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I finally managed to boost my ratio and even earned the “power user“ title. Today suddenly- for no apparent reason my access was denied and I could not log on. And there is no way to contact any of the staff to give some explanation!!!!?

So, does anybody know the way to get in touch with them and find out what is happening (I found it impossible to get on the irc page they suggest)?

tancka
Here:

IRC Info

Here is how you can connect to our IRC channel: All you need is a IRC client. There are a few good choices:
• MIRC
• Chatzilla (Plugin for firefox and Mozilla webbrowsers)
• Download and run the client
• Connect to TheBox irc network. The command to do this depends on the client you're using.
o For MIRC, type: '/server irc.TheBox.bz:6667' or for a SSL connection: '/server irc.TheBox.bz:+6697' (ignore this if you don't know what SSL is). You type this in the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheBox.bz' (again without quotes). Enjoy chatting!
o For Chatzilla, type: '/server irc.TheBox.bz 6667'. You type this is the command box at the bottom of the screen and omit the quotes. Then type '/join #TheBox.bz' (again, no quotes). Enjoy chatting!

Guide to mIRC

Since the staff is constantly gets bombarded with IRC questions, I think this guide is a proper addition to our FAQ to teach you guys the basics of how to use IRC. This is a pretty easy step-by-step instructional guide.
• Download and install MIRC
• Run it, you get a welcome window press CONTINUE.
• Now at mIRC Options you need to fill out your name (use your nick), email address (whatever you want there), NICK1, and NICK2 in case nick1 is taken.
• On the left side of the window click on Servers, and there select ADD, as description put TheBox.BZ, for the server put irc.TheBox.bz and press add.
• Under Servers, you see Options, check Connect on startup and Reconnect on disconnection and UNcheck Pop up connect dialog on startup.
• Press OK on the bottom of this window to close it and then press the LIGHTING icon on the top left corner.
• After you are connected the mIRC Favorites window pops up, press ADD, in that window type in channel #TheBox.bz, check off Join on connect and press OK.
• Now you are back in mIRC Favorites window uncheck on the bottom Pop-up favorites on connect.
• CLOSE YOUR MIRC NOW COMPLETELY AND START IT AGAIN.
• Press continue and VIOLA! It should have connected to the irc.TheBox.bz server automatically and joined the channel. Hack away at your keyboard, but remember being a prominent keyboardjockey doesn’t get you laid.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:37 am   #11
Just Joined

jerrygarcia is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tancka View Post

tancka
i got thru eventually following the link having downloaded a a program called x-chat and was told by jessamy whoever that is that i had been banned for cheating but declined to explain what he meant . I too had donated and was a power user. just registered with uknova so i'll see what that's like.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 10:14 pm   #12
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygarcia View Post
i got thru eventually following the link having downloaded a a program called x-chat and was told by jessamy whoever that is that i had been banned for cheating but declined to explain what he meant . I too had donated and was a power user. just registered with uknova so i'll see what that's like.
I think they are a bunch of money grabbing tossers
Old Feb 7th 2008, 3:37 am   #13
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrygarcia View Post
I have UK Nova and The Box accounts but hardly ever use Nova. The lawyers have caught up with them and they don't show anything that is available to buy on DVD (that is roughly the rule). So for soaps, MOTD, Top Gear etc you might be okay but that is about it.

If you are in Perth and bored maybe you should look in the mirror
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:09 pm   #14
Just Joined

jait is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
we actually encourage members to seed instead of donating.... i dont know where u get ur info, but i suggest u find a new source.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:12 pm   #15
Just Joined

jait is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritGuyTN View Post
I think they are a bunch of money grabbing tossers
yea, we should just let cheaters cheat on their ratio and become uknova where anyone can cheat with a browser... good call

considering we are 6 times younger than uknova, and have 5 times the number of peers and 10 times the amount of content, i think our system is working quite well...

but yea, its all about the money /ironic.. i guess thats y we encourage ppl to not donate and to rather seed, y we allow all our content to be uploaded to any tracker u so wish to, and y we ban and refund donators when they cheat (or break our rules), regardless of their donation status..... also i guess thats y we have 15% of our entire torrent database completely ratio free and the upload actually counts... it all makes perfect sense :whsle:

anyone that tries to seed legitimately will never get banned from thebox. anyone that tries to cheat, lie or in any other way, abuse the system, will get banned... its quite simple... plz dont distort the facts to promote ur pathetic little site (uknova). cheers.

Last edited by jait; Feb 26th 2008 at 2:17 pm.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab