Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 7:48 pm   #16
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restoring laptop to factory settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
The issue with reviews is people tend to be more inclined to leave a negative review rather than a positive one
Absolutely.

I went through a bunch of ads on Amazon last night that had more positives than negatives and selected about a dozen for 2013/2016 that sounded okay.

Then I noticed that almost every one had one or two negative reviews, almost as if it was obligatory or someone systematically marking down a rival...or even a Microsoft employer or bot.

One of them had about 200 4 or 5 star reviews as against 3 or 4 1 star reviews. That's where they looked like they may have been done by half a dozen people/bots.

Quote:
Another issue is you can never underestimate the reviewer's intelligence, I've recently had people complain that on the app I work on that when you click the delete button it deletes the item you had selected, another user complained that when she paid for a 1 month subscription she only got 1 month subscription and she was expecting multiple months.

Mind you, sometimes the delete asks if you're sure and even then it's still available in a recycle bin or second delete folder in email. Maybe they didn't think it would be final the first time.

And who hasn't had 6 last chances of something or an extension to the original offer? We all get used to that.

I have a couple of days left on my AVG trial. I wonder if they'll extend it or the discount offer.
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 8:03 pm   #17
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restoring laptop to factory settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Mind you, sometimes the delete asks if you're sure and even then it's still available in a recycle bin or second delete folder in email. Maybe they didn't think it would be final the first time.
Well a confirm was supposed to be there, I just forgot But that's more for if you hit the delete by mistake, if you do it on purpose you're going to hit confirm without thinking and the user made it clear they meant to delete it.
SpoogleDrummer is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab