Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab

Closed Thread

Old Mar 18th 2011, 2:41 pm   #1
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default playing torrent files on an ipad...

...ok, so i want to watch films/tv programmes on my ipad...

i've searched on the internet for hours trying to work out how to do this...i downloaded some software to convert the torrent file so i could play it on my mac, but can't for the life of me work out how to get it onto the bloody ipad...can anyone help...?

remember i'm blonde, so i need really, really easy to follow instructions please!

thanks
MM, xx
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:26 am   #2
Bob Male
Not so super superslob

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: playing torrent files on an ipad...

the .torrent files aren't the actual media files....they contain the info that a torrent client uses to get you that stuff, so use something like vuze/utorrent etc once you've got the .torrent file, it'll download what you want, put that file in a folder somewhere, usually called "download" and then grab those files and dump them on the ipad to be played through the media file, probably using the vile iTunes to move it over.

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 12:59 am   #3
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
...ok, so i want to watch films/tv programmes on my ipad...

i've searched on the internet for hours trying to work out how to do this...i downloaded some software to convert the torrent file so i could play it on my mac, but can't for the life of me work out how to get it onto the bloody ipad...can anyone help...?

remember i'm blonde, so i need really, really easy to follow instructions please!

thanks
MM, xx
You need a 'torrent download program' something like Azureus http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

This is what you use to download the actual program onto your PC. The 'torrent' file you see when you look on torrent websites is a little marker file that tells Azureus where to go to look to get all the bits of the TV Program and get them onto your PC.

After installing azureus you should be able to download a torrent, Azureus should fire up, and start downloading and you'll see a progress status in Azureus - like 8h45m to go - that kind of thing. When that is finished you are done and you can 'right click' on the name in azureus to get to see where the file is on your PC. You should now be able to watch the program on your PC... A word of warning : After you have downloaded the file it will move to a 'seeding' mode - this means you are sharing your file with eveeryone else now and they are downloading it off your PC usnig your bandwidth - its up to you what you do but most people share the file for a bit and then stop it by clicking on the Red stop button on top of screen - the file status should change to "Stopped"

To move it to the Ipad you have to either convert it - using what you got - or - buy a piece of software called CineXPlayer from Appstore for about 5.99$ (its worth it - believe me!)

Cinexplayer lets you drag+drop the movie straight off your pc onto the ipad and play it. It saves you mucking about converting (hours and hours). It is easy to use it shows up in 'apps' on the Itunes and scroll down a bit on the apps tab and you see a 'transfer files' area that you can drag+drop your movie-file into that area, hit sync, and bingo its on theipad.

Sounds difficult -is actually extremely easy once you get Azureus and Cinexplayer
"This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"- Lance Armstrong
Old Mar 19th 2011, 2:27 pm   #4
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

ok thanks, guys...i already download gazillions of torrent files and watch on the pc or the tv via a box thing...i use bittorrent, is that the same as azureus?

what i can't seem to do is to get anything of the mac to the ipad, how am i meant to connect it (the only cable i've got is to charge it up), this seems to be the bit i'm missing...maybe the cinex thing will solve this?

thanks for the help so far!

MM, xx
Old Mar 19th 2011, 7:02 pm   #5
Bob Male
Not so super superslob

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok thanks, guys...i already download gazillions of torrent files and watch on the pc or the tv via a box thing...i use bittorrent, is that the same as azureus?

what i can't seem to do is to get anything of the mac to the ipad, how am i meant to connect it (the only cable i've got is to charge it up), this seems to be the bit i'm missing...maybe the cinex thing will solve this?

MM, xx
Yup, bittorrent is just another client program like Azu.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1511...ipadfiles.html

That's for how to move stuff around. You should have a usb cable, I think that's the same as the one used to charge it up.

Alternatively, use something like http://www.dropbox.com/ where you can store stuff online and then download onto the ipad and play it, don't know which would be more convenient though.

Immigrants should be tarred and feathered....Yes, I like it kinky.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 12:19 am   #6
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

MM, xx
Cine player is the thing you need it becomes part of iTunes on the pc and then you drop files into it as I described

Plug iPad into pc
iTunes starts up
Go to apps. Tab
Scroll down , on left click on cine player
Drag the movie files into the drag and drop box
They sync
Now they are on the iPad
Open cine player on iPad
Voila

That is the only way I know with ut reformatting
"This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"- Lance Armstrong
Old Mar 20th 2011, 7:58 am   #7
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bob and spalen, huge thanks...it worked!!

MM, xx
Old Dec 17th 2011, 1:49 am   #8
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalen View Post
You need a 'torrent download program' something like Azureus http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

This is what you use to download the actual program onto your PC. The 'torrent' file you see when you look on torrent websites is a little marker file that tells Azureus where to go to look to get all the bits of the TV Program and get them onto your PC.

After installing azureus you should be able to download a torrent, Azureus should fire up, and start downloading and you'll see a progress status in Azureus - like 8h45m to go - that kind of thing. When that is finished you are done and you can 'right click' on the name in azureus to get to see where the file is on your PC. You should now be able to watch the program on your PC... A word of warning : After you have downloaded the file it will move to a 'seeding' mode - this means you are sharing your file with eveeryone else now and they are downloading it off your PC usnig your bandwidth - its up to you what you do but most people share the file for a bit and then stop it by clicking on the Red stop button on top of screen - the file status should change to "Stopped"

To move it to the Ipad you have to either convert it - using what you got - or - buy a piece of software called CineXPlayer from Appstore for about 5.99$ (its worth it - believe me!)

Cinexplayer lets you drag+drop the movie straight off your pc onto the ipad and play it. It saves you mucking about converting (hours and hours). It is easy to use it shows up in 'apps' on the Itunes and scroll down a bit on the apps tab and you see a 'transfer files' area that you can drag+drop your movie-file into that area, hit sync, and bingo its on theipad.

Sounds difficult -is actually extremely easy once you get Azureus and Cinexplayer
Worked like a dream You're a star Spalen Thank you, thank you, thank you
Old Dec 18th 2011, 4:09 am   #9
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ffmpegx.com/

Free.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 2:35 am   #10

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't feel like clogging your iPad up with video files you can use a program like Air Video. This will run on your computer and an app will run on your iPad allowing you to 'connect' to your computer and stream the files to your iPad.

It's only for when you are in the house and want to watch, but it's a bit easier than having to convert and download/sync all the files to your iPad if you are just going to watch them in the other room.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 3:39 am   #11
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post
If you don't feel like clogging your iPad up with video files you can use a program like Air Video. This will run on your computer and an app will run on your iPad allowing you to 'connect' to your computer and stream the files to your iPad.

It's only for when you are in the house and want to watch, but it's a bit easier than having to convert and download/sync all the files to your iPad if you are just going to watch them in the other room.
I haven't quite figured out Air Video. I have it downloaded. Care to share how you do it ?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:23 pm   #12
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinsix View Post

Thanks for the tip on Air Video. You're right, it's only for when you're in the house. I finally took the trouble to figure it out on my own and the link below will run, anyone interested, through how to set it up -- enjoy!

http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/getting-started.html
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab