Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab

Old Sep 15th 2017, 3:56 pm   #1
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photos to Video

Hi, I have 70 or so photos (tweaked in Lightroom) which I want to turn into a simple video / slide show, as one file, to share; ideally I want to add some music and text. Each photo is between 1 and 2mb in size -- I don't want to maintain that resolution, but equally I don't want any degradation that'd be visible on a 15" monitor.

I've looked at a couple of available on-line programs, but none's quite doing it for me. Both Movavi and Animoto chop off the top / bottom of portrait photos (or, if I chose portrait mode, leave landscape ones too small), and Adobe's Spark is rather clunky (could be my awfully slow internet connection) and has similar problems with portrait / landscape display (basically I want each photo to be as big as possible on the screen).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Sep 15th 2017 at 3:59 pm.
Bahtatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th 2017, 8:57 am   #2
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos to Video

Do you have access to an iPad or Mac? There are standard apps on there that will allow you to do this. In addition there is a nice app QUIK, made by GoPro that can also do this kind of stuff..
calman014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th 2017, 10:29 am   #3
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
Do you have access to an iPad or Mac? There are standard apps on there that will allow you to do this. In addition there is a nice app QUIK, made by GoPro that can also do this kind of stuff..
I ended up doing it in Adobe's Spark. Doesn't allow much customisation, but it worked ok. I've got a couple of other projects to do, so I'll try QUIK on my iPad.

I reduced the photo files to under 2mb -- what size would you recommend for QUIK?

Thanks for your input.
Old Sep 16th 2017, 10:57 am   #4
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Just let the app handle it all for best results.
calman014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th 2017, 12:48 pm   #5
Hit 16's

Quote:
Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
Just let the app handle it all for best results.

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab