Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab

Old Jul 24th 2017, 1:33 pm   #1
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Angry The death of 'Paint'

Microsoft is planning to kill off Paint after 32 years
Quote:
Long-standing basic graphics editing program, used throughout childhoods since the 1980s, has been marked for death
Bloody cheek. I didn't start using it until I was past 40 and I still use it now for larking about.

I recently opened Paint 3D believing it to be 'just the latest version' with W10 and I was horrified. Didn't have a clue where to start. Fortunately I found the 'proper' one.

Quote:
The most recent version of Paint for Windows 7 and later was much improved, but still considered feature poor compared to other free alternatives such as the third-party Paint.NET.
I don't understand this "feature poor" argument. Is there something wrong with 'basic' and 'advanced' (or enhanced) options?

Just about everywhere you go in life there are basic or standard services/products with premium add-ons - like TV packages, internet speeds, phones, memberships, even Amazon services etc - so why in the computer world does everything have to be all or nothing just because someone designs something else?

Why the hell can't you get word, excel and outlook together, for example, without having to pay for all the other bits. I'm never going to be making professional (or any other kind) presentations FFS
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th 2017, 10:29 am   #2
Born again atheist
Premium Member

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The death of 'Paint'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Microsoft is planning to kill off Paint after 32 years

Bloody cheek. I didn't start using it until I was past 40 and I still use it now for larking about.

I recently opened Paint 3D believing it to be 'just the latest version' with W10 and I was horrified. Didn't have a clue where to start. Fortunately I found the 'proper' one.

I don't understand this "feature poor" argument. Is there something wrong with 'basic' and 'advanced' (or enhanced) options?

Just about everywhere you go in life there are basic or standard services/products with premium add-ons - like TV packages, internet speeds, phones, memberships, even Amazon services etc - so why in the computer world does everything have to be all or nothing just because someone designs something else?

Why the hell can't you get word, excel and outlook together, for example, without having to pay for all the other bits. I'm never going to be making professional (or any other kind) presentations FFS
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-windows-store
Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:24 pm   #3
Hamster Killer
Premium Member

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
I was just about to post that!

Three cheers
BristolUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th 2017, 8:25 pm   #4
Born again atheist
Premium Member

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I was just about to post that!

Three cheers
En bleu blanc rouge!!

Go Back   British Expats / General / The Lab