Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:39 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Originally Posted by BEVS
Close but not close enough for England with that game.

Onwards then. It really is a great international sporting competition.
Bev, with the next match being earlier, will you get to watch it or have to avoid all mention of it and watch it on catch up?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lady Zelda
Unicum Good for stomach nerves...LOL

You will all need it if watching the matches.
I personally think that Germany has a good chance to win the WC Fen ...you mean World Cup not WC ( water closet) don't you !

It's the most strong and complete team. They always have Ok players, but play well as a team. They don't lack a good defence and they have a world class goal keeper Neuer and the best striker in the world, forgotten his name, more likely after Argentina...

Maybe if there is GOD's will Brazil may have a good chance to win this year.

Just wait till the end! Good job I do not bet!

Enjoy it anyway!

LZ x
Germany are to my mind the strongest team in the World Cup but surely the best striker in the world goes to Mr Suarez from Uruguay

Both Ronaldo and Messi are better players but far from traditional strikers...

I have to go to the boat yard now and try and work out how to untangle the mess Rural, but the boat is not sea worthy as it is being built and has no engines yet . The plan was film the flooding of the dry dock tomorrow, her setting sail on Wednesday and then race her and the tug to boulogne on the train. And fly home at the weekend, now the dock is not flooded until Thursday and departure is 1am Sunday morning. Who knows when I will get home!

I will find a bar tonight that has the game on though... After a chat the clients are now expecting a seriously hefty expenses bill
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

As I said before, Hungary will win, as always !
Enjoy football anyway...
LZ
I know almost zilch about footie...but the little I do know is that Hungary is not in the World Cup...so I don't understand this comment :-) Is the ghost of Puskas joining in?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:22 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llareggub

Both Ronaldo and Messi are better players but far from traditional strikers...

I will find a bar tonight that has the game on though... After a chat the clients are now expecting a seriously hefty expenses bill
DD days Ronaldo so definitely a crush I think! Guessing you are working freelance? Eldest daughter loves having an expenses account ;-) Didn't know you had moved onto film?
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
DD days Ronaldo so definitely a crush I think! Guessing you are working freelance? Eldest daughter loves having an expenses account ;-) Didn't know you had moved onto film?
It's primarily timelapse which lends itself to a stills photographer more than a videographer but there is a little bit of bog standard video to play with too.

I always had an expense account in the uk but never submitted expenses as I could not be bothered with the paper work, not something I do now though

I have been doing a little freelance work for a video production company for a while now but usually it is project management however this time they let me play with my camera
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

Sorry llareggub any recipe would be welcome as in life, variety is the spice
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ladies and Gents, lets keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

richardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura aboutrichardmc has a spectacular aura about

watching the footie with pint of lager and a curry, what more do we need folks life is good and getting better.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Ladies and Gents, lets keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
Sorry Sue

Stonkingly good game of footie though... Thought Rpnaldo was lucky to,stay on the pitch after charging the ref as he did. Ref did him a favor as they were already down to 10 men.

Typically German football, utterly relentless. Never spectacular but always exactly where they need to be, to some extent I feel sorry for Ronaldo, he has spent his entire club career surrounded by the cream of world football and at an international level he is surrounded by amateurs.
Old Jun 16th 2014, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Zelda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you <snipped> , just what I predicted all along. Germans, okeyish, but good team work. Don't feel sorry for Ronaldo..he gets his money, winning or not!

We are the real amateurs watching them play....they are all professionals on paper aren't they ? ! They should do better for that reason.

Never mind, more bad matches still to come...I am a pessimistic these days...oh sorry. Don't want to get off the track, but if I go ballistic after a bad match, I might have to start a new post with Help please, this match drives me to insanity !

Please bear in mind, we are all British, so stay calm and carry on!
Enjoy your evening
LZ x

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 17th 2014 at 8:19 am. Reason: Yes. Do not go off track & respect others. THanks
Old Jun 16th 2014, 8:50 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Stonkingly good game of footie though... Thought Rpnaldo was lucky to,stay on the pitch after charging the ref as he did. Ref did him a favor as they were already down to 10 men.
No! My mum popped in and I missed it, going to look for a catch up.....
Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Bugall, just what I predicted all along. Germans, okeyish, but good team work. Don't feel sorry for Ronaldo..he gets his money, winning or not!

We are the real amateurs watching them play....they are all professionals on paper aren't they ? ! They should do better for that reason.

Never mind, more bad matches still to come...I am a pessimistic these days...oh sorry. Don't want to get off the track, but if I go ballistic after a bad match, I might have to start a new post with Help please, this match drives me to insanity !

Please bear in mind, we are all British, so stay calm and carry on!
Enjoy your evening
LZ x
Whilst professional football players are handsomely compensated the pounds and pence figures for international competition are incredibly modest in comparison

The German team that Joachim Löw helped to rebuild as assistant manager and then took over was awful, the work that both he and Juergen kilnsman put in as far back as 2004 are now baring fruit... Changing an international set up does not happen quickly and for far too long England's set up has been poor driven by stupidity by everyone from the fans right through to the FA!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 12:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Polgardi
I know almost zilch about footie...but the little I do know is that Hungary is not in the World Cup
Whilst professional football players are handsomely compensated the pounds and pence figures for international competition are incredibly modest in comparison
So very true.

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
BEVS, with the next match being earlier, will you get to watch it or have to avoid all mention of it and watch it on catch up?
We'll watch which matches we can RH & just be glad with the ones that we see.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:02 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Originally Posted by BEVS

We'll watch which matches we can RH & just be glad with the ones that we see.
I managed to catch some of the US match, well done them! Unfortunately, I missed the fireworks of the Germany game and have been waiting for highlights on TV this morning, in between doing lunches and school runs but not seen it yet.
Well, coffee stop over, second school run of the morning to do.
Old Jun 17th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

I missed the USA game because I was so enthrall end by the thriller between Iran and Nigeria (boy was it turgid stuff)... Belgium (my dark horses) tonight and intrigued to see how the strength they have marries with the 2 or 3 flair players they have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.