Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Where should it go? Suggestions on a postcard.

Where should it go? Suggestions on a postcard.

Old Nov 6th 2014, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where should it go? Suggestions on a postcard.

Does this include Hungarian people? Or is it just for scenic shots or pics of something interesting reflecting Hungarian culture?
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
Whatever works will be good, hope we get some photos of your home brewery, I'm sure that would be cultural
Like this you mean? Although there's a bit more to it now.

I've decided that I'm not going to create a distillery as it's a lot of work and I can legally buy házi pálinka for less than 2000 huf per litre so at the moment it's not worth it. Maybe when I retire

Last edited by PaulinEger; Nov 6th 2014 at 1:39 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 9:49 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
if it does eventually "go dead" then it could maybe be made a sticky?
If it sinks then someone needs to show interest and add a photo.
Post your photos anyway you want. That is fine

Originally Posted by RH
All photos must be the posters own to avoid copyright issues.
I can see that personal photos are the way to go to make the thread.....personal.

However, BE users post photos and pictures off the internet all the time without problems. Heck, look at the avatars for starters. So I don't think copyright would be an issue. Just be sensible. If a photo is a prob. a moderator can sort that.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
I can see that personal photos are the way to go to make the thread.....personal.

However, BE users post photos and pictures off the internet all the time without problems. Heck, look at the avatars for starters. So I don't think copyright would be an issue. Just be sensible. If a photo is a prob. a moderator can sort that.
It is irresponsible for a moderator to even tacitly suggest that the breaching of copyright is acceptable, whilst I am not naive enough to think that it won't happen however it should be stated, if only for the protection of this site hosting that all content posted should be done so in a legal manner.
Old Nov 7th 2014, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PaulinEger;
I've decided that I'm not going to create a distillery as it's a lot of work and I can legally buy házi pálinka for less than 2000 huf per litre so at the moment it's not worth it. Maybe when I retire [/QUOTE]

At current exchange rate that makes a litre of Palinka £5 !
Old Nov 9th 2014, 8:47 pm
`

Originally Posted by llareggub
It is irresponsible for a moderator to even tacitly suggest that the breaching of copyright is acceptable, whilst I am not naive enough to think that it won't happen however it should be stated, if only for the protection of this site hosting that all content posted should be done so in a legal manner.
You have misunderstood. I am not at all suggesting breaching copyright at all. What I have stated is that photos & pictures are freely available over the internet. Note that not everything is copyrighted.

As I wrote BE users post pictures and photos all the time. Just be sensible. Obviously if a photo is attributed you don't use it do you. BE is full of picture and photo threads. None that I know of in the past ten years have posed a problem.

If Internet Brands ever started to see an issue , they would flag it so I think we can all feel safe with that.

FYI
7. Copyrighted Material
You cannot legally post entire articles or news, or other copyrighted material in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article/material correctly it is still copyright infringement. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Any problems with copyright I'll send her round to sort them out!!

By the way how do you get a picture full size up here as per the cellar above without using dropbox or alike. I only know how to get thumbnails attached
Attached Thumbnails Where should it go? Suggestions on a postcard.-zerba.jpg  
Old Nov 10th 2014, 1:47 am
`

BE only allows for thumbnail size attachments, although those do enlarge a bit if you click on them.

If you want a larger photo/picture , then you have to use a third party like photobucket or similar. You then use then click the picture icon and paste in the url.

That is a rather beautiful horse.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

You have misunderstood. I am not at all suggesting breaching copyright at all. What I have stated is that photos & pictures are freely available over the internet. Note that not everything is copyrighted.

As I wrote BE users post pictures and photos all the time. Just be sensible. Obviously if a photo is attributed you don't use it do you. BE is full of picture and photo threads. None that I know of in the past ten years have posed a problem.

If Internet Brands ever started to see an issue , they would flag it so I think we can all feel safe with that.

FYI
All photographic works are subject to copyright protection under treaty 2 of the Berne Convention, WIPO-Administered Treaties: Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works whether they are attributed or not. The only person that can permit the use of a picture is a copyright holder and unless a contract is in place that states other wise that person is always the photographer. There are things like 'creative commons' that photographers and other artists can assign to that define how a photograph can be used and form in some form a legal contract with the user.

'Internet brands' are well aware of the risk of using images of questionable sources.

Photographer Sues BuzzFeed for $3.6M for Using Photo Without Permission
$8k in Image Copyright Infringement Penalties: Bloggers, Beware!
Sued by Getty images - Photo.net Business Forum

However most of them disappear quietly when companies settle out of court and subject the plaintiff to a contract that ensures they keep quiet on the settlement and the figure. I personally have never had to issue 'court proceedings' but have received settlements!

But enough of that can we have the thread and start oooing and aaaahhing at peoples photos, my favourite waste of time is trawling through piccies on the tinterweb

Last edited by llareggub; Nov 10th 2014 at 6:45 am.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

That is a rather beautiful horse.
Yes and it don't half hurt if you leave your foot under hers!!
Old Nov 10th 2014, 10:28 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Like this you mean? ......

I've decided that I'm not going to create a distillery as it's a lot of work and I can legally buy házi pálinka for less than 2000 huf per litre so at the moment it's not worth it. Maybe when I retire
Looks like the start of something to me Agree with the amount of work it takes, two years of making wine was enough for me seeing as our neighbour sold 2l for 600ft - red or white.

Sorry to mention copyright everyone, I was just thinking of an old user Joe who used to take wonderful photos but had the local tourist board use one of her photos in their brochure - I think they eventually credited her for it but it just came to mind so I thought I would add it in
Old Nov 14th 2014, 12:21 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm I'm not sure what the big deal is. One takes a picture of something that they think is pretty cool in Hungary, and they think "I'm going to post that on BE for other to see", and then they post pic .... simples

Come on folks, lets see what you've got
Old Nov 14th 2014, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

we need somewhere to post them first :P
Old Nov 14th 2014, 7:40 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
we need somewhere to post them first :P
I'm on the case
Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:11 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Okay, you can start adding them here