Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:39 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Originally Posted by Peter_in_Hungary
That article is rather selectively economic with the facts. It says that a poll suggests that 72% of Hungarians say they were better off under communist rule. Probably correct, consider - a job for life, provided by the state (for a time it was illegal to be without work), pension age at 50 or 55, affordable housing, subsidised holidays and so on. The trouble was that it was totally unsustainable - but I am sure that many (72%?) felt better off, but ask those same 72% if they want Russia back the answer would be No. To compare the Ukraine with Hungary is absurd,

To quote the article "Hungary is part of the European Union, but it hasn’t yet adopted the euro" -Smart move that, IMO, look at the grief with the euro, by the way the UK didn't join the euro either!! Personally I am in favour of the Euro, just that it was a good idea ruined by the politicians allowing countries to join before the time was right.

Yes Hungary signed up for the proposed new gas pipeline, to avoid the political problems of the gas supply coming through the Ukraine. Just a moment - that pipeline also goes through Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, and Romania before it gets to Hungary and Oh in Turkey there is a branch off that feeds all of the former Yugoslavia countries and from that a branch that services Greece and Italy. Hay! they forgot to mention that lot!!
By the way there is also a proposed pipeline from Russia through Belarus and Poland to Germany and another from Russia through Germany and Holland to the UK. And another from Russia through Ukraine, Slovakia and Austria to Germany, Oh dear those three weren't mentioned either.

America refused entrance to the head of the tax office due to corruption allegations. My understanding from the Hungarian news is that yes she was refused entrance but no supporting evidence has been given despite the Hungarian Government asking for such evidence, and Orban is on record as saying if / when evidence is offered it will be investigated and criminal charges brought as appropriate. So far silence from USA!!

I hope Hungary continues to manage its own affairs without interference from the IMF, the Banking industry and global corporations. So far Orban has managed to tell these entities where to get off, which of course is why he is unpopular (with them).

Rant over
Well said!
Old Nov 21st 2014, 10:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I'd go along with that as I found the post to be insightful and interesting.

Have some BE karma Peter_in_Hungary .
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

A big demonstration by teachers taking place in Budapest this weekend. I was talking to a teacher today who thinks this government could fall in the next few months. It is going to be an interesting few months I think. As expats who have chosen to live in this country I think we should all show support for the majority of hungarians who I believe want the country to stay in the EU and ultimately be a liberal democracy.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 2:50 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

More Hungary bashing.

Hungary summons U.S. ambassador over McCain's 'neofascist' comment
Old Dec 24th 2014, 4:10 am
Banned

It still continues.

Hungary's Orban accuses US of meddling in central Europe
Old Dec 26th 2014, 3:33 pm
Banned

Interesting read

U.S. War Against Russia Is Now Against Hungary Too – Wake Up From Your Slumber !
Old Jan 8th 2015, 9:42 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who runs the site "Wake Up From Your Slumber" The awful problems in France warn us about politics based on hate poisoning the minds of the young.

For the sake of balance only, I recommend

The Orange Files

as an alternative read. As a guest in this country I have resolved not to make easy political comment.
Old Feb 1st 2015, 9:57 pm
Banned

I was truly hoping I could let this thread die but today Sunday, February 1st, 2015 There were five different propaganda pieces about Hungary and Orban in the Yahoo online news. Seems like the US CIA and the trouble makers in Brussels are after Orban in a big way. The EU and USA cannot even manage their own affairs and they are hell bent upon starting WWIII with Russia. Why are they after Orban? Because he stands up to the bankers, he stands up to the destructive influences of multi-culturalism (look at the Swedish Riots and all you need to know is this is what Orban is fighting to stop from coming to Hungary and its destruction of what makes Hungary a gem in central Europe). I find it hard to believe that my fellow countrymen have remained silent upon the very things that are destroying the UK and most of the rest of Europe. Now they are trying to destroy Hungary. Is that what you want? Then your investments in Hungary will be worth much less than they are now if it becomes a cesspool of multi-culturalism.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Feb 1st 2015 at 9:58 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 11:17 am
Veszprém Megye

John Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

" becomes a cesspool of multi-culturalism.[/QUOTE]"

It is becoming pretty clear where your views are routed.

There is no known problem of masses of culturally different people trying to come to Hungary. The migration problem that is recorded is actually too many of the bright young economically active people leaving to find good employment elsewhere.

There is no battle to fight on multi-cultural issues in Hungary.

If Hungary is taken out of the EU & aligns with Putin & others of the same ilk it would be sad.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 12:49 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Gilbert
The awful problems in France warn us about politics based on hate poisoning the minds of the young.
I agree John and unfortunately, the internet is full of sites based solely on conspiracy theories, racism, anti-semitism and hate. Young people and indeed those who are easily led can all too easily get sucked into taking anything written as fact.

Politics isn't really my thing but even still, it ended up that I would smile and nod my head or simply look at the floor when politics or racism were discussed - cowardly perhaps but it definitely made for an easier life!

Having had time to reflect on my experience of racism in Hungary, I at times chuckle to myself as many of the people aren't actually racist but are simply displaying a learned behaviour and only education can reverse this. We often saw Hungarians, who had previously confined their desire to shoot all Roma or warned us that they were all thieves, sitting in the pub with Roma having a drink or helping them carry their shopping down the road or walking their children to school. When pressed further on the subject and asked about individual Roma, it became clear that this one and that one were okay, nem problema and only one or two were actually deemed to be "a problem".

Hungary, as with every other country, has it's problems and will continue to do so but I genuinely believe that the Hungarian people will decide what is best for their country.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it hard to believe that my fellow countrymen have remained silent upon the very things that are destroying the UK and most of the rest of Europe. Now they are trying to destroy Hungary. Is that what you want? Then your investments in Hungary will be worth much less than they are now if it becomes a cesspool of multi-culturalism.
I would guess most people have kept quiet because they disagree with you, as it is easier to ignore the noise for the tranquility of the site... However I would not be being true to myself if I were to ignore a frankly obscene comment like 'a cesspool of multi-culturism'. Maybe if you took your tin foil topped head out of conspiracy theory books and websites and read a little social history you would realise that humanity in general has erred towards multi-culturalism for many thousands of years and for a great many of us it is a thing of great wonder and beauty.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:12 pm
Banned

Well excuse me for disturbing you folks slumber, enjoy your multi-culturalism and the soon to be installed puppet government. Next I guess will be told to join Jobbik.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llareggub
I would guess most people have kept quiet because they disagree with you, as it is easier to ignore the noise for the tranquility of the site... However I would not be being true to myself if I were to ignore a frankly obscene comment like 'a cesspool of multi-culturism'. Maybe if you took your tin foil topped head out of conspiracy theory books and websites and read a little social history you would realise that humanity in general has erred towards multi-culturalism for many thousands of years and for a great many of us it is a thing of great wonder and beauty.
Yes and I have not seen evidence of London, the epitome of multi-culturalism experiencing falling property prices as a result of this diversity.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Alkin is an unknown quantity at this point

If "multi-culturism" is such a "bad thing", then should we British, Germans, Austrians et al be thinking of leaving this country in order to preserve the purity of Hungarian culture??
Old Feb 4th 2015, 3:28 pm
Banned

This is what multicultarlism is supposed to be and what it actually brings. If you like the sharia no go zones and the racial crimes against caucasians in the major cities of the UK then just wait it will follow you wherever you go if you remain silent. Diversity has one goal, the destruction of the native peoples of Europe.
Attached Thumbnails Trouble Brewing in Hungary-_____________________multc.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.