Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

Both my dogs are black and it's very difficult to capture their features properly. Anyone got any tips before I post mine?
Old Sep 12th 2014, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Both my dogs are black and it's very difficult to capture their features properly. Anyone got any tips before I post mine?
I am sure llareggub will know as he is a photographer. I am hopeless at taking good photos and mostly get other people to take them of my dog :-)
Old Sep 12th 2014, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Paint them with Tippex first
Old Sep 12th 2014, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
Paint them with Tippex first
Ok, thanks for the advice .... how many bottles will I need?
Old Sep 12th 2014, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

My dogs
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=26de8f071b

Taken at Trevornicks at Holywell Bay, Cornwall.

Roxy is the GSD, kennel club name Kenmillix Charmer
Harvey, English Springer Spaniel cross with labrador

Last edited by FenTiger; Sep 12th 2014 at 4:58 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is a lot to ask but I'm exploring different options and I might as well pose the question.
I have to go to UK to repair and decorate my cottage in Scotland which was trashed by the last tenants. I'm not keen on taking Charlie there, as the cottage is on a very busy road and he has no road sense. There is also no fenced in area where he could be confined so I would need to supervise him every time he goes outside. This would be no problem if it was a holiday trip but I need to be working quite intensively on the cottage.
I wondered if anyone could cope with an extra dog for a few weeks? He tends to sleep for about 20 hours out of every 24 but he can be quite demanding for the remaining 4 hours! He is very placid and always wants to be friends with other dogs.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, thanks for the advice .... how many bottles will I need?
You could probably get away with watering it down a little so maybe not as many as you might think
Old Sep 13th 2014, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I know it is a lot to ask but I'm exploring different options and I might as well pose the question.
I have to go to UK to repair and decorate my cottage in Scotland which was trashed by the last tenants. I'm not keen on taking Charlie there, as the cottage is on a very busy road and he has no road sense. There is also no fenced in area where he could be confined so I would need to supervise him every time he goes outside. This would be no problem if it was a holiday trip but I need to be working quite intensively on the cottage.
I wondered if anyone could cope with an extra dog for a few weeks? He tends to sleep for about 20 hours out of every 24 but he can be quite demanding for the remaining 4 hours! He is very placid and always wants to be friends with other dogs.
If my dog was not so territorial I would help. Have you tried on the Balaton Brits Forum?
Old Sep 13th 2014, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

My dogs
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...6&l=26de8f071b

Taken at Trevornicks at Holywell Bay, Cornwall.

Roxy is the GSD, kennel club name Kenmillix Charmer
Harvey, English Springer Spaniel cross with labrador
Wow they are beautiful....and a very good photo too!
Old Sep 13th 2014, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
I am very biased. I have loved my little "Terrorist" since he was 8 weeks old. Jacks partner unfortunately had to be put down about 6 years ago. She developed some sort of female cancer. It devastated me for a long time. When Jack leaves I know it will be even worse. I will get another one though because they are so loveable. They are great companions but they are NOT for everyone. If you don't have time to spend with them and don't have a fenced yard please do not consider a Jack, they can utterly destroy your house if they get bored. You must keep them occupied.
Aww...its the worse thing about having a dog, that they just don't live long enough I often think about all our dogs we have had in the past.

You are right about Jacks, our girl needs to be occupied or the energy builds up and she is so clever, she can work anything out.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by llareggub
This is Lottie, a furry mish mash of doggies from a 'local' dog rescue charity, she has been with us for 6 months...
http://bjonesphotography.co.uk/wp-co...06/Day-156.jpg

And this sorry looking fella is Poochie a Pumi of some description apparently, he was a stray from the village that we slowly began to feed although struggled to get him to come in to the house to clean him up. A while ago he just disappeared and we feared the worst. Just a few months ago we returned home and found him sat on our doorstep over a year after he had wondered off. He was emaciated (he weighed half of what he should), dirty, had all sorts of infections and infestations.

A few months on and loads of food, TLC and plenty of vet visits and a trip to the doggie hairdresser he is now part of the family!

http://bjonesphotography.co.uk/wp-co...07/Day-196.jpg

I'll refrain from adding loads of pictures of the varying amounts of cats that call our wee corner of Hungary home
Nice photos!
Old Sep 13th 2014, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by llareggub
This is Lottie, a furry mish mash of doggies from a 'local' dog rescue charity, she has been with us for 6 months...
http://bjonesphotography.co.uk/wp-co...06/Day-156.jpg

And this sorry looking fella is Poochie a Pumi of some description apparently, he was a stray from the village that we slowly began to feed although struggled to get him to come in to the house to clean him up. A while ago he just disappeared and we feared the worst. Just a few months ago we returned home and found him sat on our doorstep over a year after he had wondered off. He was emaciated (he weighed half of what he should), dirty, had all sorts of infections and infestations.

A few months on and loads of food, TLC and plenty of vet visits and a trip to the doggie hairdresser he is now part of the family!

http://bjonesphotography.co.uk/wp-co...07/Day-196.jpg

I'll refrain from adding loads of pictures of the varying amounts of cats that call our wee corner of Hungary home
I bet Poochie has a story to tell about where he went. Sounds like someone took him in but couldn't be bothered to feed or look after him.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

One of our cats, Jerry Lee, who seems to be the best hunter of the 3 returned this afternoon with what appeared to be a mouse. Upon closer examination I wasn't so sure. It was mousey coloured but had a very distinctive dark stripe running the length of its back and a white belly. The poor little thing was still alive with a broken back I guess as it couldn't move its back legs. I was going to put it out of its misery with the help of a metal shovel when it took off at great speed using only its front legs and I couldn't find it.
Anyway, could it have been a wild hamster? It's head didn't look like a hamster's but I haven't seen markings like that on other mice.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I had a notice come today and I just translated it. Tomorrow evening a vet will come to the village to do dog rabies vaccinations. Charlie has already been done but I might go along just for the novelty value of seeing all the dogs, presumably wearing collars and on leads.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
One of our cats, Jerry Lee, who seems to be the best hunter of the 3 returned this afternoon with what appeared to be a mouse. Upon closer examination I wasn't so sure. It was mousey coloured but had a very distinctive dark stripe running the length of its back and a white belly. The poor little thing was still alive with a broken back I guess as it couldn't move its back legs. I was going to put it out of its misery with the help of a metal shovel when it took off at great speed using only its front legs and I couldn't find it.
Anyway, could it have been a wild hamster? It's head didn't look like a hamster's but I haven't seen markings like that on other mice.
No, it is a field mouse. I had the same confusion when I first saw one in my septic tank excavations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striped_field_mouse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.