Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Finding a new home for Sashi.

Finding a new home for Sashi.

Old Oct 17th 2014, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding a new home for Sashi.

I've had my lovely tabby cat Sashi since she was a month old. She's now six years old and is a very affectionate, if a somewhat independent girl and I love her to bits, but unfortunately Georgina my 16 month old Shar-Pei doesn't like her and won't allow her into the house or garden, and Sashi is afraid of her. Over the past few months I've tried everything I know to reconcile the two of them but so far nothing has worked and now that winter is coming up I've decided it would be better for all if I could re-home her. I don't want to take her to an animal rescue, so I'm wondering if anyone one on the forum would be willing to adopt her? Sashi is microchipped has an up to date Pet Passport, she uses a litter box, is happy travelling in her crate ... she's been to the UK twice.

Can anyone help?
Old Oct 28th 2014, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a new home for Sashi.

Any luck yet in finding a new owner for Sashi?
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:56 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck, I have two to re-home and it's not easy
Old Oct 30th 2014, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned to my wife that maybe her sister in Hungary might offer the cat a home but my wife doesn't seem keen to mention it to her ... because she already has 10 cats! Lost one through illness recently and later found a kitten dumped in their garden a few weeks later!
Old Nov 11th 2014, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Any luck yet in finding a new owner for Sashi?
So far no luck. I have noticed a change though in Georgina's attitude towards her feline sister. Although she still won't allow Sashi in the house she doesn't kick up nearly as much fuss when she sees her. I'm now thinking that Sashi might cope through the winter months if I put her crate in the storeroom, which she can access, so she has somewhere warm and cosy to sleep at night. I'd hate to see Sashi go to a rescue centre and I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping with more training Georgina will finally accept her!
Old Nov 11th 2014, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Hungary Hippo is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen that TV show "My Cat From Hell" with Jackson Galaxy? If you can somehow "acquire" some episodes relating to dogs and cats, it might give you some ideas to better manage the situation. He also has a web-site and this page in particular may help:

Introducing Dogs and Cats | Jackson Galaxy

Good luck!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 8:02 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sachina
So far no luck. I have noticed a change though in Georgina's attitude towards her feline sister. Although she still won't allow Sashi in the house she doesn't kick up nearly as much fuss when she sees her. I'm now thinking that Sashi might cope through the winter months if I put her crate in the storeroom, which she can access, so she has somewhere warm and cosy to sleep at night. I'd hate to see Sashi go to a rescue centre and I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping with more training Georgina will finally accept her!
It might take a while Sachina but I'm sure they will each find their place and learn what the other will and won't tolerate. Our cat used to stay out the room if the dog was there and during the summer that wasn't really a problem as he was too busy out killing the poor little fledglings. However, now it's getting colder,he likes to be indoors more and has learnt where he can and can't go in the room - the window ledge or in front of the fire is okay whereas the settee or under the table are no go areas!
It would be great if they learn to live together and you can keep both, best of luck