Reload this Page >

Truck Driver looking for job offer with LMIA

Truck Driver looking for job offer with LMIA

Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:05 am
Just Joined

celias is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Truck Driver looking for job offer with LMIA

Hi,
my husband is a Long-Haul truck driver with several years of experience, the last two of them in Alberta, Canada (traveling mostly to Northwest Territories).
His work permit has expired and it appears that his company is having problems to get a new LMIA to renew his visa.
Would there be a company out there, with an approved LMIA, interested in hiring him?

Thank you.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 7:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck Driver looking for job offer with LMIA

Originally Posted by celias
Hi,
my husband is a Long-Haul truck driver with several years of experience, the last two of them in Alberta, Canada (traveling mostly to Northwest Territories).
His work permit has expired and it appears that his company is having problems to get a new LMIA to renew his visa.
Would there be a company out there, with an approved LMIA, interested in hiring him?

Thank you.
You posted in the 'jobs offered' section, so I've moved your thread for you.

There are very few (I've only heard of 2 I think) companies across the whole of Canada that are even willing to try to get LMIA's at the moment, hiring of foreign workers seems to be on hold for the rest at the mo.

So it might be worth asking in the trucking forum as they'll have the most up to to date info on any companies that are hiring. Have you applied for PR? If so, then potentially your husband could get an open work permit so that a LMIA wouldn't be needed, which would make a huge difference.

Good luck.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

celias is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Truck Driver looking for job offer with LMIA

Thank you for having moving this post to the adequate area. We are still waiting for our PNP application to be process so that after that we can apply for PR. I will check the trucking forum.
Thanks.