Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

looking for opportunities / Special Education / Behavior Technician.

looking for opportunities / Special Education / Behavior Technician.

Old Mar 15th 2015, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

maddie1959 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for opportunities / Special Education / Behavior Technician.

I am a Special Education / Behavior Technician. I am from England originally but have been living and working in Canada for many years.
I have over 20 years of experience working with children, adolescents and families.
I am passionate about helping those in need; I presently work in inner- city schools as a front line educator responsible for managing all behavioral, social, emotional issues of the children.
I also worked for over fifteen years for a social service agency as a front line educator for children and families. I worked in most departments within the division of residential/external treatment services.
I regularly take on the leadership role, within the group homes, shelters schools etc. Supervising, training new staff and stage students .I am well known as a child advocate, as well as being willing to take on roles that are not in my required job description or that others would avoid.
For example, I have created and run parent group and anti-bulling programs. I also volunteered to take on the role of crisis interventionist working with parents, who were considered high risk and resistant to intervention during court ordered family supervised visits.
All of which my references can confirm.

I am a compassionate and enthusiastic contributor, and would welcome the opportunity to make a difference. I am willing to relocate for the right offer .
<snipped email addy>

Last edited by old.sparkles; Mar 16th 2015 at 6:38 am. Reason: addy removed to save you from spambots and weirdos