Reload this Page >

Looking job in Software Testing - New Zealand

Looking job in Software Testing - New Zealand

Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:49 am
Just Joined

gselango is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking job in Software Testing - New Zealand

Hi All,

Today i joined in this group and this is my first thread .
I had applied EOI in SMC. My EOI got selected and i lodged ITA.

I am working as a Software Test engineer (Test Analyst) and my wife working as a Microbiologist in India. We are searching job from here through job sites (Trademe, Seek...etc). But when we apply from outside of NZ, most of the recruiter will not consider our CV.

If any one of you knows any job openings in SOFTWARE TESTING or MICROBIOLOGIST category, kindly let us know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Elango.S
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking job in Software Testing

Try Auckland transport site and Auckland Council as they quite often are looking.

AT:

http://careers.aucklandtransport.govt.nz/search

AC:

https://careers.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/home

Good Luck
Regards
julian
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all

Hi Elango S.

Sorry, I should have read this post before replying to your post on the other thread!

I've read many people on this site, in the IT industry, coming over to meet employers face to face to find a job, is this something you could consider?

I know it's not easy, we couldn't afford to come out beforehand job hunting as we needed all our pennies for the big move. In the meantime, don't give up with the job search while awaiting your ITA to be processed.

HeatherGirl
Old Oct 11th 2012, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Thanks Julesnye & HeathGirl...!
I applied many openings through job site...but first condition to apply that job is "person should have PR or valid Work Permit"

But still im applying do again and again untill success...

Thanks,
Elango S
Old Oct 12th 2012, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

I'm a test analyst

I'll get back to you on Monday regarding positions. I think we may be looking for some at the company I work for
Old Oct 12th 2012, 3:13 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gselango
But when we apply from outside of NZ, most of the recruiter will not consider our CV.
Have you changed the format of your CV to suit NZ recruitment? The format is different and could be working to your disadvantage. There is a really helpful thread on here that talks about CV and cover letter writing. I am from the UK and even our style of CV is different to what NZ recruiters prefer. It took ages for me to re-do my CV and letter, but I must say I got a lot more responses after changing it!

Good luck with your job hunt
Old Oct 14th 2012, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Sorry to say that we do not have any testing vacancies at the moment. We're not currently recruiting

Right so here's how I went about obtaining a job out in New Zealand from the shores of the United Kingdom.

First of all, register with the site New Kiwis and then submit your cv to them. They will then amend the cv to suit NZ employers. I also used a similar tool for Australia but i've forgotten the name of that site used.

Once the CV has been returned, start searching for positions. I recommend you visit the accredited employer companies first before looking further afield. These can be found on the NZ immigration website. Look to see if any of these companies are searching for testers first. If not, then search online at the likes of Kelly IT Services or Seek.co.nz. Once you've found, feel free to apply for any positions

Now here's the thing you must note. If it says NZ people or you must have the required visa etc to work in New Zealand in order to apply, ignore that! Australia do exactly the same. Submit your CV because if no one has applied for the position and it needs filling asap, they'll look at candidates off shore. If you get feedback, you'll be asked about your intentions to work in New Zealand and what visa you require. When I received the e-mail, it was a case of, once I have a job offer, i'll be able to obtain a visa. Do that and then you should be having an interview.

If successful, use the companies immigration service if they provide one. Otherwise go ahead yourself. You'll need all the required information from them to apply for a visa.

Hope it all goes well, sorry I can't be of help. You should not have any difficulty as software testing is a skilled shortage.

Best of luck
Old Oct 15th 2012, 4:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Tom. I love BE for this sort of thing.

You have been karma'd
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK folks.

Threads for Jobs Wanted should really go in the BE Jobs Wanted section, so off it goes to the right place.

I'll leave a reasonable re-direct to the thread.

Cheers.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 1:03 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Tom. Sorry for the late reply. i was busy with other stuffs quite a long time.
Now i successfully applied ITA and its processing...
most probably this will take more than 6 months to move next level...

But meanwhile i'm started searching again..
If you came to know job vacancy for Software Testing or Microbiologist, Kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Elango.S

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Hi

Sorry to say that we do not have any testing vacancies at the moment. We're not currently recruiting

Right so here's how I went about obtaining a job out in New Zealand from the shores of the United Kingdom.

First of all, register with the site New Kiwis and then submit your cv to them. They will then amend the cv to suit NZ employers. I also used a similar tool for Australia but i've forgotten the name of that site used.

Once the CV has been returned, start searching for positions. I recommend you visit the accredited employer companies first before looking further afield. These can be found on the NZ immigration website. Look to see if any of these companies are searching for testers first. If not, then search online at the likes of Kelly IT Services or Seek.co.nz. Once you've found, feel free to apply for any positions

Now here's the thing you must note. If it says NZ people or you must have the required visa etc to work in New Zealand in order to apply, ignore that! Australia do exactly the same. Submit your CV because if no one has applied for the position and it needs filling asap, they'll look at candidates off shore. If you get feedback, you'll be asked about your intentions to work in New Zealand and what visa you require. When I received the e-mail, it was a case of, once I have a job offer, i'll be able to obtain a visa. Do that and then you should be having an interview.

If successful, use the companies immigration service if they provide one. Otherwise go ahead yourself. You'll need all the required information from them to apply for a visa.

Hope it all goes well, sorry I can't be of help. You should not have any difficulty as software testing is a skilled shortage.

Best of luck