Reload this Page >

Carpentry Vacancies Canada

Carpentry Vacancies Canada

Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:23 pm
hoping to move to canada

jon1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carpentry Vacancies Canada

Hi, my name is jon.

Could anyone help with construction companies in Canada who may need joiners/carpenters.

I have over 20+ years experience with full city & guilds qualification in aspects of joinery/carpentry work.We as a family have been trying to get over to Canada for approx 2 years, we also have a guy out there who is suppose to help us but nothing as happened.

If anyone can help or advise we very much appreciate it. I have also given my email address <snip>

Thanks again
Jon

Last edited by christmasoompa; Feb 15th 2012 at 3:23 pm. Reason: Email address removed to save you from the spambots - people can contact you via the forum if they wish.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpentry Vacancies Canada

Originally Posted by jon1970
Hi, my name is jon.

Could anyone help with construction companies in Canada who may need joiners/carpenters.

I have over 20+ years experience with full city & guilds qualification in aspects of joinery/carpentry work.We as a family have been trying to get over to Canada for approx 2 years, we also have a guy out there who is suppose to help us but nothing as happened.

If anyone can help or advise we very much appreciate it. I have also given my email address <snip>

Thanks again
Jon
Hi Jon,

I removed your email address - you really don't want to put any personal info on a public forum! The spambots will pick it up and you'll be inundated with spam and weirdos. But anybody with any leads can PM or email you via the forum.

You say you've been 'trying to get over to Canada for approx 2 years', but can I ask why that hasn't happened? Have you applied as a Skilled Worker? Or are you trying to go over on a Temp Work Permit?

Not sure who you've got helping you in Canada (hope you haven't paid them anything though, it's illegal in Canada for them to charge you for helping you find a job!), but the best thing to do is get out there - most forum members come back with job offers if they do that. And of course, if you can apply as a FSW, no job offer is required.

It's unusual to have had no luck after 2 years, particularly as you have a skill in demand, so if you can clarify what visa route you are trying for and what you've done in the way of job hunting so far, hopefully people can advise you better.

Best of luck.

Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:49 pm
hoping to move to canada

Hi
Thanks for your reply, we are new to this lol. Its a company C Singer, he has not been very good and hes suppose to be a lawyer, we have paid over £2000, the last time we spoke to him he stated canada had gone into recession. Im not sure which visa it is, but which ever it is we are not having much luck. So we have decided to try and do it ourselves.
Any further information is more than welcome.
Thanks Jon
Old Feb 15th 2012, 3:51 pm
hoping to move to canada

Sorry forgot to mention, job hunting is been done by them via resume.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 4:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jon1970
Sorry forgot to mention, job hunting is been done by them via resume.
That will probably be why you're not having much luck then - have a read of the Job Hunting section of the Wiki (blue bar at top of page) to understand how it works in Canada. Best thing to do is get yourself out there and knock on doors, but at the very least you need to pick up the phone as it's all about personal contact.

I'd also suggest you find out asap which visa he has applied for for you. For £2000 I'd guess it must have been a Skilled Worker visa (Permanent Residency), which will make it easier for you to find work as you'll be able to start straight away without the employer having to go through any paperwork/hassle. So I'd suggest you find out at what stage your visa application is at now, so that you can inform potential employers.

At least, I hope it's a FSW application - if he's charged you £2000 for a TWP application (the form is approx 2 pages long!) then something has gone very wrong!!

Best of luck.

Old Feb 17th 2012, 4:44 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding paying a 'consultant' for your immigration / work visa; could I suggest you read this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...tive/index.asp

Immigration representatives must be either members in good standing of a provincial or territorial law society, including paralegals; members of the Chambre des notaires du Québec; or members of the governing body for immigration consultants.

Then check if anyone in his company is a member: http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public/membershiplistFull.cfm or if he is a member of the law society for whichever Province he practices in.

Is it this chap by any chance? http://www.immigration.ca/profile-profile.asp

If so, you can send an email to the Quebec law society and ask if he is a member in good standing.

To check whether a person is a member in good standing of the Quebec Bar and does have the right to exercise the legal profession:

By e-mail - Write to the following address, specifying the full name of the person you want to hire, as well as their contact details: [email protected]

Once you have confirmation of his status, you will know who to complain to should it become necessary!

Old Feb 17th 2012, 6:37 pm
hoping to move to canada

Hi siouxie
Thanks for your message.
We have actually today had a phone call from the company itself.
Luckily carpenters are still in demand so fingers crossed interviews will start coming out way lol
On his profile he states member of the following :-
Bareau of Quebec & ICCRC
However, i have been on the ICCR link you posted and he is not on there, will this be an upto date list?
Thanks you again for your information really helpful.
Jon
Old Feb 18th 2012, 5:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there,

After a little digging it appears that one of the members of his firm is a member, assuming that the link I provided earlier is the firm you are dealing with.

EDISON REYNELl , CCCI, MEMBER OF THE CSIC, CAPIC and WCC. ADDRESS 215 JEAN TALON EST. MONTREAL, QC H2R 1S9 CANADA TELEPHONE 514) 270-8885 FAX (514) 270-0206

http://www.capic.ca/index.php?page=f...&City=Montreal

https://www.csic-scci.ca/find/details.html?cid=50850

I have pm'd you his cell number and email

Old Feb 19th 2012, 1:47 pm
hoping to move to canada

Hi Siouxie
Thank you very much for your help, really appreciate what you have done.
When he rings us back I will definately ask the question, he is suppose to ring us this week to discuss.
And yes it is the right company.
Thanks Jon