Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Anyone need a hardworking, reliable gardener/landscaper nth Brisbane

Anyone need a hardworking, reliable gardener/landscaper nth Brisbane

Old May 13th 2009, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone need a hardworking, reliable gardener/landscaper nth Brisbane

Been a house husband since arriving in Brisbane in November and I am now going mad!!!

Using every method I can to advertise so thought I would give BE a whirl.

Done 23 years of gardening, flagging, fencing aswell as working as a part time driver for Royal mail for 15 years. I am a good worker, work to a high standard, realiable and reasonably priced for any outside work.

Email [email protected]
or mobile 0466 526110.

Live at Mango Hill / Northlakes but cover most northern suburbs.

Paul
Old May 13th 2009, 11:39 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone need a hardworking, reliable gardener/landscaper nth Brisbane

Originally Posted by KarenandPaul
Been a house husband since arriving in Brisbane in November and I am now going mad!!!

Using every method I can to advertise so thought I would give BE a whirl.

Done 23 years of gardening, flagging, fencing aswell as working as a part time driver for Royal mail for 15 years. I am a good worker, work to a high standard, realiable and reasonably priced for any outside work.

Email [email protected]
or mobile 0466 526110.

Live at Mango Hill / Northlakes but cover most northern suburbs.

Paul
Good luck mate, i am heading for Southport, is it tough at the moment finding work then, me like you, looking for either a taxi job, or crowd security, or maybe as a gardener.

Things are bad here in the UK, but i thought the non skilled manual stuff around $18 to $20 per hour was ok over there, the Ozzy's don't like the lower end stuff?

All the best
Old May 13th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

KarenandPaul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone need a hardworking, reliable gardener/landscaper nth Brisbane

Just started up really and got a few jobs so far. The problem is there are alot of people doing the same thing. In the UK I never had to advertise because of word of mouth but obviously I'm starting all over again here.

The wifes a nurse & she said a fair few at work complain about gardeners / landscapers not coming back with quotes or not turning up for the job.
All I can do is do a good job and be reasonable & reliable and see what happens. I have my Aussie HGV certificate but found it hard to get a driving job.
Old May 13th 2009, 12:20 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Me and you the same mate.

My better looking other half is a nurse, me, done a bit of everything, but i was planning on going to Cleveland, but when i was there last year, the work was a bit thin on the ground. So now i am heading for Southport, hopefully i will do a Saturday and Friday night on the cabs, or maybe do some door work, you know part time stuff, do not want to over do it, might strain something. I like gardening, but if money is getting tight, the first thing that goes is the window cleaner and the gardener. Just had to let ours go, but never mind, the missus will chip in now?

If i was you i would knock on doors, get you fit aswell, i have done that before, you get to know alot of people, i got stuck with an old lady once, she did not want any work done, she was lonely, i could not leave, but after 5 cups of tea, and hearing about her Harold about 20 times, i had to bite the bullet and go, felt bad, but it was getting late, did not want to miss last orders.

Good luck.