Reload this Page >

Any LMO/LMIAs for truck drivers/

Any LMO/LMIAs for truck drivers/

Old Jan 22nd 2016, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

foden12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Any LMO/LMIAs for truck drivers/

Hey everyone,
I live and work in Canada, have done for almost 10 years now. I have a buddy who was here working with me out of Alberta, I trained him in bulk liquids using Super Bs, he was messed about by the company and had to go back to England. So I'm trying to find a company from Ontario to BC who can offer an LMO/LMIA to a British trucker.

Please contact me if you can help, or put me in touch with a company or 2

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 11:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any LMO/LMIAs for truck drivers/

Originally Posted by foden12
Hey everyone,
I live and work in Canada, have done for almost 10 years now. I have a buddy who was here working with me out of Alberta, I trained him in bulk liquids using Super Bs, he was messed about by the company and had to go back to England. So I'm trying to find a company from Ontario to BC who can offer an LMO/LMIA to a British trucker.

Please contact me if you can help, or put me in touch with a company or 2

Thanks in advance.
There aren't many companies around that are prepared to pay and go through the hassle of LMIA apps at the mo, but it will depend on where he's prepared to consider going. Not sure what 'a company from Ontario to BC' means - do you mean anywhere in-between, or he'll only consider those two provinces?
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

He's ex army, and he'll work in any province. He has the means to get himself back to Canada, so the company wouldn't need to fly him over.
But yes any province. He was so downhearted when he was told they weren't going to renew his work permit, after they made him do his out of provice to start his provincial nomination, they pull the rug from under him.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Quebec, Maritimes, Newfoundland, Ontario, Manitoba you name it he will gladly work where ever it takes.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 1:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

He's ex army, and he'll work in any province. He has the means to get himself back to Canada, so the company wouldn't need to fly him over.
Just as well - no chance of that with LMIA's being as rare as hens teeth!

But yes any province.
Fab, that's good. I wasn't sure if he was restricting himself to only certain provinces, MB and SK seem to be the only ones where people have got an LMIA recently, so have a search of the forums and hopefully you'll find company names for him to try.

Best of luck, hope he's successful.

P.S. I've only just noticed that you posted in the 'jobs offered' section, I'll move your thread to the 'jobs wanted' forum, it would be worth you searching the truckers forum though as that's where the most up to date info on LMIA's will be. HTH.
Old Jan 23rd 2016, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

Awesome thanks Christmasoompa.
And ooops....haven't been on here for some time...I'l do that change straight away.
Again thanks for your help.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

There was a company in MB ,Gladstone Transfer advertising on here with LMIA a wee while back,maybe give them a try.As you are in ON you will probably know theres not much happening there regards LMIAs so I would advise your friend to look at MB and SK ,good luck.