Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Nurses & Social Workers Returning to the UK

Nurses & Social Workers Returning to the UK

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

AAMarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses & Social Workers Returning to the UK

Perduco are looking for Social Workers and Nurses for our numerous clients across the UK.

Social Worker’s
We have posts for a variety of teams including duty and assessment, Child protection, court work, family placement etc.
You must be highly experienced in the field however newly qualified social workers will be considered if you have two statutory placements and excellent experience and legislation knowledge. You must have a social work degree level.

Registered General Nurse's - RGN’s
Candidates must have relevant qualifications and experience with eligibility to register with NMC
Must be RGN qualified, Able to provide excellent level of care and display that you have a patient and empathetic nature with sound understanding of national care standards.

If you would like to find out more, please contact us through our UK website address is below.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 12:21 am
Just Joined

mahe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurses & Social Workers Returning to the UK

hi, I'm overseas nurse and i would like to work in UK. however, the NMC is asking for the IELTS(academic) version with an overall band score 7 and 7 in each modules.actually i did the exam and got 7 but don't know if they will accept my application as i didn't get 7 in each modules even though i got the overall band 7.really need some advice can you help me please.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

AAMarie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Unfortunately the NMC are quite strict on the IELTS and you need a score of 7 in each of the modules before they’ll proceed with your registration as you must demonstrate an ability to read, write, speak and listen to English.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

mahe is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Nurses & Social Workers Returning to the UK

hi AAMarie,
thanks for answering back,yes i know they are really strict about the IELTS. i really find it very stupid to ask 7 in each modules because most university is asking an overall 6 and 6.5,it doesn't matter if you score 6 or 7 in writing,listening,reading and speaking.All that matter if you score the overall 7 in the exam. Anyway I think it's discrimination what they are doing. People from EU sometimes they can't read,write and speak proper english they are not asked to do the exam.Moreover, I have a grade C in english (O level) and my nursing course was conducted in english too.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mahe
hi AAMarie,
thanks for answering back,yes i know they are really strict about the IELTS. i really find it very stupid to ask 7 in each modules because most university is asking an overall 6 and 6.5,it doesn't matter if you score 6 or 7 in writing,listening,reading and speaking.All that matter if you score the overall 7 in the exam. Anyway I think it's discrimination what they are doing. People from EU sometimes they can't read,write and speak proper english they are not asked to do the exam.Moreover, I have a grade C in english (O level) and my nursing course was conducted in english too.
You may call it discrimination but there are a few countries now requiring a 7 in all modules. Each country is entitled to ask what requirements they want. Be aware if not from the EU and don't have experience in the short-list occupation then may have a hard time finding a employer willing to assist with a work permit