Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

457 Visas Available and positions for holders of PR visas

457 Visas Available and positions for holders of PR visas

Old Jun 1st 2007, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

mervbeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 457 Visas Available and positions for holders of PR visas

I work for SMS Management & Technology (SMS) which is Australia’s largest listed local IT Management and Consulting Company employing over 1000 Business and IT professionals in Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney. Visit www.smsmt.com.au for all the details.

I migrated to Melbourne over 18 months ago from Scotland and as one of their IT consultants I have been tasked with recommending suitable candidates to the help them deliver a wide range of interesting projects for large, national and global organisations across all industries so I thought I would try BE. They have 457 visas available and postions for holders of PRs

The Australian IT industry is booming and as such SMS are on a large recruitment drive but it is difficult to get good people at the moment. See http://mycareer.com.au/sms-consultin...-pty-ltd/jobs/ for four pages of jobs they are recruiting for just now.

If you visit http://mycareer.com.au/sms-consultin...-pty-ltd/jobs/ and see any positions you feel you would have the experience for contact me explaining what position you are applying for and why you think you would be suitable for it and fit the culture of SMS.

I will review your email and then if I think you would be suitable I will request your latest resume and details of your visa situation and arrival date. After resume review I will then arrange a time for us to have a chat quick 30 min chat. After that if I think you would fit well with SMS I will put you forward to my contact in recruitment for SMS and they will be in touch if they like what they see.

They are currently planning a week of interviews in London in August and are about to put adverts in the Metro over there. If you get in quick we will try and get you a slot in those sessions before the advert hits. If you are due in Melbourne in the next couple of months we can hopefully get into an interview as you step of the plane!

Why am I doing this 1) SMS get 3000 applications a month, they interview about 200 people and 10 -15 get offered positions within the consulting division of those about 90 % are from referrals from existing employees. 2) Successful referrals are now attached to my bonus so there is a small financial benefit to me 3) most importantly I am living my dream here in Melbourne, it is the world's greatest city to live, work and play in and anything I can do to help others settle in easily will I believe benefit me and my family in the longer term. It is basically good karma and everyone wins if you accept a job offer SMS, me and you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by mervbeng; Jun 1st 2007 at 1:07 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:53 am
Just Joined

KennyMilne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Visas Available and positions for holders of PR visas

Hi,

Sent you a pm with some details,

Kenny
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:01 am
Just Joined

mervbeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 457 Visas Available and positions for holders of PR visas

Can I also add the SMS will pay for relocation costs i.e flights + initial accomidation to successful canditates.

Salarys start at $80 and go up to $130k base per annum with up to 25% bonus, free daily CBD parking, super, share options

I have already lined up potential interviews for 5 people in London in August from this and Britvics forum so if you think you have the skills then please get in touch. Details in first post.