MotorCycle Driving

Old Oct 28th 2016, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

LooPtruy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MotorCycle Driving

Hi All

Have moved to live in Tokyo for 12 month on a company's assignment.

I love driving motorcycles (choppers, in a slow relaxed way) and am thinking how safe it is to drive in Japan motorcycles, in the forum's opinion?

Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2016, 4:25 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MotorCycle Driving

Originally Posted by LooPtruy
Hi All

Have moved to live in Tokyo for 12 month on a company's assignment.

I love driving motorcycles (choppers, in a slow relaxed way) and am thinking how safe it is to drive in Japan motorcycles, in the forum's opinion?

Thanks
In general, Japanese people are courteous and respectful to one another. Except when behind a steering wheel, when their character changes. I used to ride in Japan, and it wasn't always fun -- but it did give an opportunity to get away from it all.

Around towns and in cities its relatively safe because its so bloody congested. Safer still with a big ****-off chopper. Highways are hell, mainly because of tailgating, general disregard for safety, and usually a lack of a hard shoulder; they can be expensive, too; avoid.

And taxi drivers aren't Japanese. They're bred on a distant planet, or sometimes they're robots, disguised to look like Japanese but with all politeness engineered-out.