Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

It industry in Japan and financial benefits?

It industry in Japan and financial benefits?

Old Apr 10th 2003, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

stodge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It industry in Japan and financial benefits?

How solid is the IT industry in Japan at the moment, specifically on Hokkaido? Also, due to the current exchange rates with Canada, is there any financial benefit from working in Japan for a couple of years? My wife would love to work in Japan again, and I'm intrigued at the idea.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 5th 2003, 3:37 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It industry in Japan and financial benefits?

Originally posted by stodge
How solid is the IT industry in Japan at the moment, specifically on Hokkaido? Also, due to the current exchange rates with Canada, is there any financial benefit from working in Japan for a couple of years? My wife would love to work in Japan again, and I'm intrigued at the idea.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.
Have you tried reading the English language press in Japan? I'm sure there are websites. The Japan Times comes to mind.

If your wife worked in Japan in the past, does she have any contacts in the country who can give you pointers as to where to find the info you're after.

I don't know whereabouts in the world you are but have you contacted the Japanese Embassy's Cultural and Information Centre? I know there is one in Japan.

Also, your nearest JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) office may be able to assist. I believe most offices have libraries that are open to the public. They take phone (at least they used to) and written enquiries too.

NC Penguin