Reload this Page >

British TV Programmes in Japan

British TV Programmes in Japan

Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

masahito is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British TV Programmes in Japan

Hi,

I will move to Yokohama in Japan one month later, and there I would like to watch Brit TV programmes from the main channels (BBC ONE, TWO and ITV), for example, "Match of the day", children programmes, "Topgear", ...

I know BBC iPlayer is unavailable in Japan. Is there a way to do it? Satellite TV? Cable TV? Otherwise You Tube?

I don't want to miss the final of "Dancing on Ice". Please help.

Many thanks.

Masa
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:58 am
Banned

TakeItEasy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: British TV Programmes in Japan

Dead Easy, purchase a UK IP address from here: http://www.pc-streaming.com/store
Register at tvcatchup.com and Zattoo.com (both free).
Watch direct from PC or hook up your PC to your telly using a simple video-out cable, vga cable or hdmi cable, whatever your computer set up is.
Away you go, you are now watching BBC, ITV, etc.
Happy days
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Slingbox or Orb TV.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Thanks.

It's bit difficult for me to have a home server in the UK, then Slingbox or Orb TV could not be a solution. PC-Streaming.com's subs' fee is not cheap but competitive with the other sat or cable services. Actually it is rather cheap, because it does not require a dish or a STB. It is worth to consider to subscribe to it.

By the way, PC-Steaming.com provides several services. One is just a VPN account service and another is "UK TV - The Ultimate Package". What is the difference? Just number of the provided British IP addresses? Is the former one enough to watch a Brit TV at home?
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:40 am
Banned

As I understand it, you don't need the ultimate package. I think that's two accounts.
If your happy to watch `liveĀ“TV through tvcatchup and Zattoo, then you just need the VPN.
If you want to be able to watch the BBC iplayer, you will need SSH account (this is what I have).
You can also watch tvcatchup (despite its name it is live Tv) with an SSH account but not Zattoo.
Like I said I got an SSH because I wanted to be able to watch the iplayer.
The Ultimate package is both VPN and SSH so that you can access everything that is available.

Last edited by TakeItEasy; Feb 22nd 2009 at 11:47 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by masahito
Thanks.

It's bit difficult for me to have a home server in the UK, then Slingbox or Orb TV could not be a solution. PC-Streaming.com's subs' fee is not cheap but competitive with the other sat or cable services. Actually it is rather cheap, because it does not require a dish or a STB. It is worth to consider to subscribe to it.

By the way, PC-Steaming.com provides several services. One is just a VPN account service and another is "UK TV - The Ultimate Package". What is the difference? Just number of the provided British IP addresses? Is the former one enough to watch a Brit TV at home?
The Slingbox package now means that they hold the Slingbox for you at their offices and you don't have to set it up yourself in the UK.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ex reg
The Slingbox package now means that they hold the Slingbox for you at their offices and you don't have to set it up yourself in the UK.
So does that mean they are transmitting the TV from their offices?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

It looks a housing service. In Japan, such service is not illegal.
There is a judicial precedent.
http://www.courts.go.jp/hanrei/pdf/20090224172114.pdf
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:50 pm
Banned

I wasn't suggesting it was illegal, just that if they are transmitting from an office doesn't that take the service out of your own contol. I think I will stick with my UK IP address.
Old May 25th 2009, 5:53 am
Just Joined

bsosaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a UK IP address does not make it legal.

At present watching UK television without licence or being located in the U.K. is against the law.

Saying that you can try this site:

http://thebox.bz/login.php

It has a big problem with ratios but most people cope in the end.
Old May 25th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

try this www.FilmOn-TV watch live Television channels broadcasting TV on the Internet.
Old May 25th 2009, 1:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunmovin
try this www.FilmOn-TV watch live Television channels broadcasting TV on the Internet.
certainly works well in Spain, and in the USA from what I've heard, look on the thread in 'the lounge' for comments.