Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

You must know this ! happy New Year all

You must know this ! happy New Year all

Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

sonosoldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You must know this ! happy New Year all

This is my third post on this. what is it with this group??! it is Christmas or is it just as in Italy .. takes months to get a simple answer.
Some pleas egte off your ass and answer me or I will leave your group.

Hi every one!

A friend of mine is hoping to move from the UK to ITaly and would welcome your words of wisdom !

She is retired and an EU passport holder. She is 60 yrs old and has sufficient savings to live the retired life in Italy.

All the books she has read refer to PdiS ect but also she understands this may be abolished.

Does she just reside in Italy for up to 3 months and then must go to the "Annagrafe" which she thinks is like the town hall and show her EU passort and then she can stay full time without formalities. She thinks she can "self"certify she has enough income to not be a birden on the state in Italy. Also there seems to be something about health insurance?!! Should she get this in UK or in Italy?

Any help would be most welcome.

Thank you in adance ... Tammie
Old Dec 30th 2007, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Lotaresco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You must know this ! happy New Year all

Originally Posted by sonosoldi
This is my third post on this. what is it with this group??! it is Christmas or is it just as in Italy .. takes months to get a simple answer.
In general the rule for postings to a forum is that once is enough. Your posts don't disappear, so if anyone can answer your question they will, when it suits them. You have not paid to use this forum, and the people who wil answer your question are just other users of the forum like you. So demanding a response to your own timetable isn't going to work. Have patience. If no one answers then no one knows the answer.

Some pleas egte off your ass and answer me or I will leave your group.
The usual response to that is "don't let the door hit your arse on the way out." Be sensible about this, nobody is really going to miss someone who decides to flounce just because they failed to answer a question within a particular period of time.

Here's a suggestion, if time is so important to you, I can recommend a really good Italian Avvocato who will do the work for a very reasonable price.

Hi every one!

A friend of mine is hoping to move from the UK to ITaly and would welcome your words of wisdom !

She is retired and an EU passport holder. She is 60 yrs old and has sufficient savings to live the retired life in Italy.

All the books she has read refer to PdiS ect but also she understands this may be abolished.

Does she just reside in Italy for up to 3 months and then must go to the "Annagrafe" which she thinks is like the town hall and show her EU passort and then she can stay full time without formalities. She thinks she can "self"certify she has enough income to not be a birden on the state in Italy. Also there seems to be something about health insurance?!! Should she get this in UK or in Italy?

Any help would be most welcome.

Thank you in adance ... Tammie
She has to obey the same rules as anyone wanting to stay in Italy for more than three months.

http://rome.angloinfo.com/countries/italy/residency.asp
http://www.portaleimmigrazione.it/Im...CDS_UE_en.aspx
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

sonosoldi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You must know this ! happy New Year all

Thank you Lotaresco

I truly appreciate your reply and I apologise for my impatience.

This is a great group and I am thankful to have found it.

Grazie Tammie