Wine tasting

Old Jun 28th 2015, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Suexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to behold
Default Wine tasting

We are trying to find vineyards in Piedmonte that do wine tasting but I can't seem to find anything in English. Has anybody done this or could recommend places to go. Many thanks Sue
Old Jun 28th 2015, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wine tasting

Originally Posted by Suexpat
We are trying to find vineyards in Piedmonte that do wine tasting but I can't seem to find anything in English. Has anybody done this or could recommend places to go. Many thanks Sue
I am in Piedmonte, my favourite cantina is

Marco Bellero | La Cà Nova

this is their trip advisor site for his little restaurant Cantina La Ca' Nova, Cella Monte - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

You can go and look at the cantina, buy wine or eat in his little restaurant.

Well worth going
Old Jun 28th 2015, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Suexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to beholdSuexpat is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for that, looks great and its a bit closer to us as we live on Lake Orta. We will give it a try when we are there in a few weeks.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

I have spent the past few days driving around wine country visiting a number of delightful wineries. Personally I prefer to 'andare alla ventura' – and haven't yet been disappointed. If you prefer to read up on it first, here's an article: Piedmont wine route: top 10 guide | Travel | The Guardian
Old Jun 29th 2015, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Pinco, we have looked at a lot of articles and have so much info but they all seem to say that you have to book ahead to taste the wine. Did you find that or did you just turn up.
Old Jun 30th 2015, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Pinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond reputePinco Pallino has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pinco, we have looked at a lot of articles and have so much info but they all seem to say that you have to book ahead to taste the wine. Did you find that or did you just turn up.
Hi – If you go to one of the larger producers for a tour and tasting you generally do need to book in advance. Some of these larger producers charge for the tasting (€3-€5 for most wines, but a bit more for the really good stuff), but will often waive the charge if you buy a case or two.

Most 'pro loco' will have a list of local wineries in their area, and may also list which are having open days.

If you really want to do it 'alla ventura', just drive around looking for winery signs. If you like the look of one and fancy seeing what it has to offer, look up the number and give them a buzz, saying that you're in the area and could you pop-in to taste their wares. In my experience most producers are accommodating – especially this time of the year. (Avoid the 'vendemmia' in October as they'll of course all be very busy.)

The practical side to all of this is that if one of you is driving, he or she won't be able to sample much; and the one(s) not driving will soon get tipsy and weary – so it's unlikely that you'll manage to visit more than two or three producers in a day.