British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Italy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/)
-   -   watching uk tv (https://britishexpats.com/forum/italy-77/watching-uk-tv-905500/)

BRIAN 1 Nov 6th 2017 7:24 am

watching uk tv

Hi,a quick tip for watching UKtv.Get an old iphone,sim not required just wifi.Download Tvcatchup.com.Obtain an iphone to hdmi lead and plug into tv.Your tv obviously needs this conn.Switch on and bobs your uncle,all live UKtv channels.Just done this,our daughter in UK gave us an old iphone.Cheers,Brian.ps,if you can get a lead with a usb 3rd flying lead,you can plug into a charger whist watching.

BRIAN 1 Nov 6th 2017 10:21 am

Re: watching uk tv

Hi,I forgot to mention you can only download the app on Android or iphone.

milanoclaire Nov 6th 2017 7:46 pm

I use the website TV CatchUp up on my computer, great site. I Chromecast it to my TV from the computer and phone.

ononno Nov 7th 2017 7:51 am

Originally Posted by BRIAN 1 (Post 12375854)
Hi,I forgot to mention you can only download the app on Android or iphone.

Thanks Brian. So it should work with any Android phone as well, not just an iphone?

Geordieborn Nov 7th 2017 1:19 pm

It says here it will work with Android 4.1 and above, but note it also says it is for UK use only. So if they are pushing it outside of the UK they will get done and stop! If you have the gear, then chromecast or a firestick is likey a neater option, but HDMI could be better or an alternative working option. HDMI leads for Android are standard and much cheaper then those for Iphones...

BRIAN 1 Nov 7th 2017 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Geordieborn (Post 12376764)
It says here it will work with Android 4.1 and above, but note it also says it is for UK use only. So if they are pushing it outside of the UK they will get done and stop! If you have the gear, then chromecast or a firestick is likey a neater option, but HDMI could be better or an alternative working option. HDMI leads for Android are standard and much cheaper then those for Iphones...

Hi,we have no problem watching it here.We were unsure of the android connection,so when our daughter offered us her old iphone we jumped at it.We have it on an android tablet here also but just watch tv on the smaller screen,cheers,Brian.

BRIAN 1 Nov 7th 2017 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by ononno (Post 12376531)
Thanks Brian. So it should work with any Android phone as well, not just an iphone?

Hi,as I said in my last post we were unsure of connecting it to tv.It has to be a late model I think,but it certainly works on the device screen,cheers,Brian.

philat98 Nov 7th 2017 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by milanoclaire (Post 12376236)
I use the website TV CatchUp up on my computer, great site. I Chromecast it to my TV from the computer and phone.

Great web site.

BRIAN 1 Nov 8th 2017 7:34 am

Hi,we got the lead in Romford market for 15 quid.It's got the usb flylead also.Maplins wanted 60 quid although they said it was a genuine Apple product.They are all made in bloody China,probably in the same factory,lol.Cheers,Brian.

ononno Nov 8th 2017 10:07 am

Thanks

ononno Nov 8th 2017 10:09 am

Originally Posted by BRIAN 1 (Post 12376835)
Hi,as I said in my last post we were unsure of connecting it to tv.It has to be a late model I think,but it certainly works on the device screen,cheers,Brian.

Thank you